KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Naga Sadow is dead as Dirt.

Is that your opinion or is that EU continuity? If it is continuity, then I ask for a citation. Which comic? What number? etc.

Well, Freedon Nadd was his apprentice, and we know he betrayed his master to become the new dark lord... Even if you don't take that as an indication of Sadow's death, then the Tales of the Jedi comic books leaves little doubt about it - check the "Dark Lords of the Sith" series, particularly issue 4.

Even if that didn't confirm Sadow's death, Naga Sadow tried to invade the Republic during the Hyperspace War, which lies more than 1000 years before the KotOR games...

Of course, discovering his fate is even easier by simply checking Wikipedia

Still, Sadow could appear as a force ghost, I guess...

EDIT: Oh, and we visited his tomb in KotOR1...

Is charater transferrence passe these days? I remember taking characters all the way from level 1 in Pools of Radiance to level kajillion in Pools of Darkness - do companies not like to have transferred characters anymore? It does lead to a bit of new player lockout. The last game I remember having it was Baldur's Gate 2, and that was what, five or six years ago, and which had a lot of "throwback" in it.

Honestly the "True Sith Lords" plot thread from the first two games doesn't interest me at all - they'd have to be forging new canon at every turn and K2 already had a nasty streak of "trivializing" the rest of the SW continuity by having such grandiose implications. I'd rather just have something maybe 50+ years after K1+K2 that deals with the "mundane" galactic consequences of the Mandalorian-Jedi Civil-Jedi Extermination wars.

Play-wise I'd be interested in seeing true multi-classing 3rd Edition D+D style, where you could take X levels of Consular, Y levels of Soldier, Z levels of Technician, etc, with prestige classes that have level, skill and feat requirements rather than being a simple event as in K2. I actually liked the "Jedi training" concept from K2 on my first playthrough, when I didn't know how to push around the influence system and only managed to turn one of the sidekicks into a Jedi, which made it a little more special. On my second playthrough things got a little silly when every humanoid member of the crew is suddenly a hardened Jedi after a cutscene where I tell them to close their eyes...

Aside from those concerns, I just want "More","Better","Faster" and "Now".  :D

I agree with your sentiments almost totally. Except that it is not possible to compare the SW RPG classes with D&D, as there just aren't enough types. D&D has two types of magic: arcane (magic users, illusionists and sorcerors) and divine (clerics, druids and high level paladins/blackgurards and anti-/rangers). SW KotOR has Jedi/Sith, which are basically the equivalent of the paladin/blackguard classes. (All Jedi and Sith can wield a lightsaber as well as any soldier / fighter can wield a sword).

So you aren't going to find as much satisfaction in the KotOR games (we haven't even touched on the Thief / Assassin and Monk classes, let alone prestige classes like Shadowdancer, Dragon Disciple or Necromancer).

Still, limited classes can still provide good RPG environments: look at Deus Ex.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, Freedon Nadd was his apprentice, and we know he betrayed his master to become the new dark lord... Even if you don't take that as an indication of Sadow's death, then the Tales of the Jedi comic books leaves little doubt about it - check the "Dark Lords of the Sith" series, particularly issue 4.

Even if that didn't confirm Sadow's death, Naga Sadow tried to invade the Republic during the Hyperspace War, which lies more than 1000 years before the KotOR games...

Just to clarify: I personally don't care whether they use him or not in KOTOR III. I just think that the KOTOR Chronicles should give us some insight into where LA was thinking of going with this and the Chronicles do, in fact, leave it wide open.

The fact is, the guy has already operated "outside of his time" so it would really not be asking alot to have him resurface.

Think about it for a minute: video games reach casual SW fans and even non-SW fans. If you wanted to show these people what "the Sith" of antiquity looked like, this would be a perfect opportunity. I realize that the hard core fans might not like it but they know they've got them anyway. If we do see red-skinned Sith in K3, we will also see Naga Sadow...that is the only prediction I'm going to make about that.

As far as his tomb goes, did we see his mummified body in that tomb? Anyway, even this could be worked around. The three Great Pyramids in Egypt did not house the great kings like Ramses....the larger, more ornate tombs were decoys to fool and trap grave robbers.

Guest Fishboot

Oh, and another thing - if you (if OE does it, obviously) keep the lightsabre styles in the next game, give each style several unique animations (which I suspect was intended at some point but was dropped) ands ome familiarity system, either through feats or some parallel system, from novice to master. It would be a nice roleplaying reward to become an "X style" grandmaster and get to see a few combat animations for the first time.

Just to clarify: I personally don't care whether they use him or not in KOTOR III. I just think that the KOTOR Chronicles should give us some insight into where LA was thinking of going with this and the Chronicles do, in fact, leave it wide open.

The fact is, the guy has already operated "outside of his time" so it would really not be asking alot to have him resurface.

Think about it for a minute: video games reach casual SW fans and even non-SW fans. If you wanted to show these people what "the Sith" of antiquity looked like, this would be a perfect opportunity. I realize that the hard core fans might not like it but they know they've got them anyway. If we do see red-skinned Sith in K3, we will also see Naga Sadow...that is the only prediction I'm going to make about that.

As far as his tomb goes, did we see his mummified body in that tomb? Anyway, even this could be worked around. The three Great Pyramids in Egypt did not house the great kings like Ramses....the larger, more ornate tombs were decoys to fool and trap grave robbers.

The tomb, or Memorial(as Bioware called it), of Sadow doesn't have his body in it. He's still on Yavin.

and the Chronicles are not a good source for accurate continuity. There are many mistakes in them.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Hmm...

(1) How about making the jedi enemies utilize force powers much more frequently?

It's nice to see lightsaber fighting. However, it would be more challenging to see a serious use of force powers from enemy jedi. In KOTOR II, I felt like it was a waste investing in "Force Resistance" and "Force Immunity". :(

-------------------------

(2) How about the ability to create/customize HOT KEYS like in RTS games?

When the battle starts, it would be nice to hit a hotkey to immediately activate a specific force power (like "1"-Heal; "2"-Choke; "3"-Knight Speed; etc.) It is frustrating to cycle through the list to select a desire force power every time a battle starts.

-------------------------

(3) How about the option to RECORD the game (like making a movie) while playing it?

While playing KOTOR 1, I wished that I could record my game. That way, I could make "movies" such as "The Romance of Revan and Bastila". Then, after finishing the game, I could go back and enjoy my movie on a sofa with popcorns and rootbear. :)

Hi, I apologize for posting this topic at a different thread. I think this thread is the more appropriate place for the topic.

I was thinking if Revan should have an heir in KOTOR 3 

If you choose Revan as a female, the child (son/daughter) can be a result of the romantic relationship between Revan and Carth.

If you choose Revan as a male, the child can be a result of the romantic relationship between Revan and Bastila.  :">

---------------------------------

Whether the child will be the main character (who seeks out Revan as its mother/father) in KOTOR 3 or not depends on OE and the developers  :ph34r:

---------------------------------

I would love to be Revan again. However, if I can't, then being his/her child would be great :)

--------------------------------

Ok, ok, ok, I admit that the romance part in KOTOR 1 left me hanging there. I thought that it would be nice to see its further development (and I don't think that I am alone in this)  :D

Again, sorry about that!

I think it's best to stay away from actual story ideas. Most of the time those who create the games will never use them anyhow. Other things like Planets and Engine ideas are acceptable I believe.

Planets:

Coruscant: Locations; The Senate, Jedi Temple, Senate District, Wastelands

Mandalore: Capital City of Keldabe and outlying Jungle.

Utopia:My first addition in a while for the planets. It's believed that this planet was one of the birth places of the Jedi Order. It seems like a good place as well.

True Sith homeworld:(Unknown Region Planet)

New Unknown Region Planet:

Alderaan:

Ziost:

Party Members(Returning) Bastila, Jolee, Dustil, Mira, HK, T3,

Possible New: A bothan Senator, Falleen, Ryn

Returning Non-playable: Mandalore, Carth, Admiral Dodonna, Cassus Fett, Yuthura, Chieftain Zaalbar and Mission,

New Races: Bothan, Ryn, Mandallian, Caamassi, Togorian, Falleen, Feeorin, Utopian, Massassi

Be cool if the leader of the Exchange was Feeorin. If some of you are Familiar with the character of Nym, he's really a cool character. His race grows stronger as they get older, so I think it be cool if the leader is really strong.

Other Stuff:

Please fix the influence system so that it will allow for influence regardless of alignment.

I'd actually like to see the stuff that I equip. Like if I have a Sith amulet on, I want to see it on the character.

Better continuity

KOTOR 2 must be completed

The child is a totally different character. They don't have to include Revan & Bastila/Carth directly (although it would be great if they do :) ). The option is there. Beside, playing as a child of Revan gives me a greater drive than playing another exile :p

Really, I mean it. I grew too attached with the characters in KOTOR 1 :wub: , and I would like to do more adventures with them in the next sequel. It's also great if the crew from KOTOR 2 return as well. However, I am afraid that the ship may be too crowded :wub:

After all, this is an RPG. You befriended with your crew; you grew attach to them through out the adventures. Now, it is sad if you don't see them again. Spending time with them in just one game doesn't seem enough to me. I just wish that I can be with my old friends again :cool: .

I think it's best to stay away from actual story ideas. Most of the time those who create the games will never use them anyhow. Other things like Planets and Engine ideas are acceptable I believe.

Planets:

Coruscant: Locations; The Senate, Jedi Temple, Senate District, Wastelands

Mandalore: Capital City of Keldabe and outlying Jungle.

Utopia:My first addition in a while for the planets. It's believed that this planet was one of the birth places of the Jedi Order. It seems like a good place as well.

True Sith homeworld:(Unknown Region Planet)

New Unknown Region Planet:

Alderaan:

Ziost:

Party Members(Returning) Bastila, Jolee, Dustil, Mira, HK, T3,

Possible New: A bothan Senator, Falleen, Ryn

Returning Non-playable:  Mandalore, Carth, Admiral Dodonna, Cassus Fett, Yuthura, Chieftain Zaalbar and Mission,

New Races: Bothan, Ryn, Mandallian, Caamassi, Togorian, Falleen, Feeorin, Utopian, Massassi

Be cool if the leader of the Exchange was Feeorin. If some of you are Familiar with the character of Nym, he's really a cool character. His race grows stronger as they get older, so I think it be cool if the leader is really strong.

Other Stuff:

Please fix the influence system so that it will allow for influence regardless of alignment.

I'd actually like to see the stuff that I equip. Like if I have a Sith amulet on, I want to see it on the character.

Better continuity

Jolee Bindo could be the master of Revan's son. Handmaiden (Brianna), Disciple, BaoDur, Juhani, Visas, Atton and Atris (if you were LS) could form the new jedi council. Someway Bastilla disappeared too while searching for Revan. Mira would be dead like Kreia said, and her death could be related with the begining of K3. Zaalbar and <wookie> could have a fight. Some lesser Mandalorian apearance.

More rich worlds, more side quests, more challenging combats. You could age and start as a padawan and go until a grand master. You could earn more or less experience based on how hard the combat was.

I think it would be really cool to start off as a Padawan/Jedi Knight in the Exile's new Jedi Academy. You could be the cheif "editor" in the Temple's informational archives and stuff like that.

And maybe a student could present to you an archive record which needed to be edited, where you could choose what sex Revan and the Exile were, and you could even assign faces to them. I think that would be a good way to get the storyline for KOTORIII going, at least.

(2) How about the ability to create/customize HOT KEYS like in RTS games?

When the battle starts, it would be nice to hit a hotkey to immediately activate a specific force power (like "1"-Heal; "2"-Choke; "3"-Knight Speed; etc.) It is frustrating to cycle through the list to select a desire force power every time a battle starts.

This is already implemented. RTFM :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think that this was said earlier, but I'd love it if the more you used a lightsabre form, the better you got at using it. And the game should track your progress in it, e.g. novice - grandmaster.

Also, Once you have mastered 2 forms, you should be able to create a from of your own, from the two that you have mastered, complimenting each other and covering the others weaknesses.

I think that this was said earlier, but I'd love it if the more you used a lightsabre form, the better you got at using it. And the game should track your progress in it, e.g. novice - grandmaster.

Also, Once you have mastered 2 forms, you should be able to create a from of your own, from the two that you have mastered, complimenting each other and covering the others weaknesses.

That is a seriously good idea. Now I don't know about only two forms; although if you reached "Mastery" level in two forms that makes sense. (WeaponsMasters could choose from most forms, say six of the seven or eight forms, with Consulars and Sentinels having a (simplified) form of their own.)

If you crate your own form, it would be a cross between the two forms already mastered, with perhaps a bias towwards defence or attack, depending on PC choice.

:(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think that Darth Nihilus should make a comeback somehow in K3 so that he can be redeemed as a character. He does seem to be an interesting fellow with lots of mysteries and potential.

I personally think a Darth Nihilus Force Ghost would make an excellent DS mentor (and, IMO, K3 really needs to have a more clear-cut distinction between LS and DS paths and, by extension, training).

However, the alienspeak that he does poses something of a problem....they would need to find a very plausible way to explain why he had the alienspeak in K2 but not as a K3 Force Ghost.

Bringing him back as a living man would be difficult, IMO. Calo Nord has a better chance of coming back as a living man than Nihilus does, IMO.

Why? Well think, Obi-Wan died exactly the same way as Nihilus did when Vader struck him down in the Death Star, yet he kept coming back as a ghost (Run, Luke, Run!). And Nihilus was "weirder" than Obi-Wan.

More Nihilus discussion here for reference: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34429

Anyhow, on a seperate issue:

My Darksaber idea (which was the very last post in the 4th idea thread before it got cut off.)

The BEST Sith lightsaber idea yet:

Well what's better than a stealth lightsaber? You know how bright the blue, green, yellow, red, violet, etc colors glow so bright? A Jedi on a stealth mission at night in some dark place would be out of luck the moment he turns on his beacon-like lightsaber. Well earlier I suggested a CLEAR color crystal, but it seems that there were objections of its functionality.

Well what about a BLACK lightsaber crystal? Black light bulbs creates an area of darkness, or "black light" (we use that in Halloween decorations). Black blade would not only be truly be invisible in the night, it will create an area of darkness all around you as well (if you're not fighting a Jedi with a bright lightsaber, that is). It's probably as equally as effective as the clear blade when fighting in low light, or to remain stealthy in the darkness in the shadows or at night.

If my black lightbulb or ultraviolet blade theory don't hold up, then what about dark matter? I'm no expert in physics, but it is fitting. Always possibilities.

With a black lightsaber crystal, he can make kills with his lightsaber and still remain stealthy and undetected. Even better, when you're in a duel with another Jedi, they can't really see your lightsaber blade when you're fighting in the shadows, so you can fool him by pretending an upper strike with your arms by twisting your wrist downwards during the strike and you cut his belly. However, if the Jedi you're fighting has a really bright lightsaber, then your black blade won't be truly invisible due to the light up. Well, every single weapon has its advantages and disadvantages.

And how about implementing this technology into blasters? You shoot black light, not those bright green or red tracer rounds that gives away your position. You'll see a black colored bolts fly at you and suddenly shadows start forming all around you (due to the illumination of black light from the black bolts) and then you see one of those black bolts hit you and you're like AHHH!!!! MY SKIN IS BLACK!!!! Thoughts?

You can find results of it here: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34577

Why? Well think, Obi-Wan died exactly the same way as Nihilus did when Vader struck him down in the Death Star, yet he kept coming back as a ghost (Run, Luke, Run!). And Nihilus was "weirder" than Obi-Wan.

Again, a Nihilus Force Ghost would be fine....they would just have to find a way to deal with the alienspeak that he does.

If Nihilus was a senior in high school, he would have won the "underachiever of the year award". I think alot of people were disappointed with the Nihilus character because it could have been a truely awesome character.

Bringing him back a ghost (if they could find a way to do it) would be a really good idea, IMO. The trick, as always, is in the implementation.

My Darksaber idea (which was the very last post in the 4th idea thread before it got cut off.)

I have no problem with a Black lightsaber. If I am not mistaken, black lightsabers have appeared in the EU.

However, I am of the opinion that 9 out of 10 lightsabers we see in the game should be of the "traditional" colors of blue, green, and yellow.

There should only be one of each of the non-traditional colors IMO.

Also, red lightsabers should be somewhat rare, since, according to the EU, only someone powerful in the Dark Side can manipulate the red crystal so that it becomes strong enough to produce a saber blade...they need to explore the lore of the red lightsaber. If they do that, then everyone will be talking about red lightsabers.

I think you are right. For the most part, I try to stay away from making suggestions about the main story.

When I do it, it is usually to illustrate something else (such as how to have a multithreaded endgame or how to give the PC a player-chosen backstory, etc).

I do believe that LA is interested in our views on characters, planets and gameplay. However, the main story is something that they really do not need our help on.

However, since K2 was such a cliffhanger, I suspect we will continue to see all kinds of ideas about how this could be wrapped up. In that sense, K3 will not get here soon enough.

I'm not sure if it would be possible, I imagine that this could strain a computer's processors, but here goes;

You know how in the star wars movies the Jedi and Sith often use the force to throw things at each other, most recently entire balcony seats at the senate building. Would it not be cool to be able to do this in the game. Just about everything would be throwable, with heavier items rewquiring a greater wisdom and more force points to be thrown. For instance, a small box on the street might take 3 force points and only require 10 wisdom but it does minimal damage, while a landspeeder would require about 70 forcepoints and a wisdom of 18 and it does huge damage. There are still things that need to be worked out, such as how to initiate the throw, how to target it, would it affect non hostile NPC's, but I think the idea itself is good.

Also, the ability to kill anyone and everyone like in Fallout. That would be sweet.

And random encounters when traveling between worlds, maybe attacks by pirates, meeting trade ships, etc. etc.

Respawning enemies, like areas infested with Kinrath for instance, the kinrath could keep coming back. It could be a level up place that would be usefull if my "kill anyone" idea were to be added, because as we all know, a large chunk of the xp you get in the games is from quests. If you kill everyone, where do your quests and xp come from?

Agreed that 9/10 should be traditional colours, and that others e.g. violet and that should be very rare.

I'd like the idea to manipulate natural crstals to augment there power, perhaps in that meditation room someone mentioned.

Yup. There should only be the few common colors available, but one should be allowed to travel (to other planets even) only in the interest of questing for other color crystals, regular crystals, legendary crystals, or maybe...lightsaber parts, special force "awakenings" that could produce specialized powers, potential party members of your choosing, woookiee jedi...etc. AND I MEAN ONLY!

Those places should NOT be used to advance the plot.

MANY PLACES SHOULD BE USED TO NOT ADVANCE TH (--ooops) the plot.