KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

See previous threads:

Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion. There is a lot of interest in this topic and keeping input centralised and presented in a clear and articulate manner will have more impact and influence than posting to the contrary :thumbsup:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

We have all mentioned a few things throughout the forum about what we'd like to see. I guess the game would co$t hundred$ then. I woud still buy it, but what is realistic?

I guess we should expect to see some extra items, a pc starting at level 0 (take it for what it is), and a big plot surrounded by a few smaller ones, all involving the almost destruction or the survival of the ls/ds for the next few thousand years. I would like to see some of our ideas make it.

I would *so* like to choose to play an alien character with the ability to freely explore the gi-normous given galaxy for adventure, doing many menial side-quests, only needing to perform *certain* tasks with certain party members -(whom i had chosen from a large # of potential members-and none of these would be human) to advance the plot when i feel like it, being able to do it all again TOTALLY different with A simple change in race (effects starting planet), class (jedi, light, or otherwise, soldier, scoundrel, etc), or alignment (include a separate grey ending?) And i don't mean an ending being different b/c now i can use a blaster rifle instead of a lightsaber. I would like to see different plots move b/c my interest as a soldier would be different than my interests as a jedi or scoundrel...etc...thanks for the opp to rant....again....

HO-hum, oh well, we'll just have to wait....i mean its not even official that its going to be made or anything.

DAMN THIS GAME HAS POTENTIAL.

later

:thumbsup:

There are 2 or 4 different beginnings. Which one you get depends on how the previous two games ended. The beginning of the game shows a cinematic of a scene that will take place later on in the game. The cinematic shows something shocking, like a vision of Revan being killed or in pain or a party member dying. This cinematic was a vision. The new protagonist will possess supernatural foresight and precognition. This "beginning" doesn't have to be the actual beginning; it could occur somewhere toward the beginning. This vision could occur as a result of an injury and when you wake up, then the game starts going, or like I said, it could occur after the game has already been going for a few minutes or so. It could occur while the new protagonist is learning. The scene that this vision show will occur somewhere between 3/4 to 7/8 through the game. So, yeah, pretty close to the end, as you might expect. Kind of predictable, but hey, I'm brainstorming.

THE WORKBENCH

what is the purpose in having a Bao-Dur with a Repair skill of 25, for instance, if you can't use him as the guy on the workbench? And this is NOT munchkin gaming I'm talking about. Your PC is the only one that can sink points into Persuade and there are many other skills your PC needs....you really can't afford to pump alot of points into Repair for the PC, IMO. They need to allow us to use ANY party member on the workbench.

LIGHTSABER

and following down this path, I think there should be a lightsaber-creation feat tree. this feat will allow the PC (or any character that has the feat) to create the basic lightsaber components and then to assemble them. this feat would also allow you to create the more advanced lightsaber components.

NON-HUMAN PCs

this really should not be that hard to do and it would add a ton of replayability to the game.

ALIENS ON THE SHIP

how many aliens does a LS player have on the Ebon Hawk in K2? One. And the Iridonian race is, truth be told, very human-like in custom and temperment.

Need more aliens on the ship. I personally would like the pool of available NPCs to be greater than the number you can have on board at any one time. If you don't like aliens, you don't have to use them. If you want a bunch of aliens, have a bunch of aliens.

JOIN FACTIONS

You should be able to formally join the Jedi Order, New Sith Order, and/or a number of other splinter groups from both Jedi and Sith. Other factions, such as Republic Intelligence, the Exchange, the Czerka Corp, etc should also be joinable.

(However, the only way they know whether you are truely in is if you complete a number of faction-specific sidequests for them.) Faction membership unlocks certain training that is not available to outsiders. It also unlocks certain party members that are not available any other way.

FIX RANDOM LOOT

no need to explain as this has been much discussed.

FIX THE INFLUENCE SYSTEM

no need to explain as this has been much discussed.

My ideas, for what they're worth... (no more than any of the previous)

Mechanics -- like influence, workbench, lighsaber/upgrade changes, etc...

How about branching force powers? Maybe instead of taking Force Wave (affecting many foes for medium damage/stun) I can take another branch with another power that does lots of damage to one foe or another that stuns them for many rounds, etc... Another example, energy resistance: I can have my PC take the version that only buffs himself/herself stronger and let one of my support Jedi take the version that buffs everybody. I leave it to the really creative ones to figure the details here.

Engine -- Improved pathfinding AI, of course. Improved behaviors for my party. What happened to the Defensive behavior I read about in the manual? I'm also tired of my support Jedi using up all of their force points AFTER I've already slaughtered the lone Cannock in my path and not stopping until they've used every buffing power or ran out of force points. How about throwing a few into attacking while we're at it?

Story -- The Jedi are getting decimated in every story. I would like to be able to help rebuild the Jedi order, or build a new Sith empire for DS. Since there's so few actual Jedi/Sith left, where do we keep getting them? This time, how about a colony of Force sensitives? The rejects that the council tested and found to have too many personality quirks or being to passionate to be trained as a Jedi. Perhaps your character was raised in such a setting and managed to learn how to commune with a deceased Jedi. Over the years he/she trains you for reasons that may end up being malevolent or honorable based on the LS/DS path you choose. Another 'what is this Jedi trying to get me to do and why?' storyline, I know. On your 'graduation day' when the game begins, our community of force sensitives is deemed to good to ignore for some faction of the Sith to pass up. They kidnap or kill the majority of them, while the PC is off... building a lightsaber, maybe? The matron/patron dead Jedi purposely kept you away to avoid their fate and purposely didn't warn you so that you wouldn't try to interfere and would end up with an impetus to become a powerful Jedi and (maybe) wipe out the hordes of Sith and start to rebuild the Jedi order. Maybe you just want to kick some butt and then rule the Sith yourself.

Anyway, this leaves many different potential Jedi to free/enslave yourself and train.

To tie this back to KotorII... Maybe Bao-Dur falls to the Darkside of the force. *ducks* He couldn't overcome the emotion of Malachor V and while the Exile is off helping Revan, BD is brooding. Instead of having a COMPLETELY EVIL VILLIAN that we HAVE TO KILL, we have a tragic character that instead of wiping out, we may (if we choose) try to redeem him. This idea was touched on with Atris, and in the Korriban tombs, but nothing really came of either of those choices besides a few LS points. Maybe we encounter Mira and she does just what Kreia says and dies protecting others on some world or another (where you happen to be fighting along side her) and we get our needed tear-jerker scene. I love the Handmaiden, I think that she is a dynamite character that wasn't given enough of a chance to develop. Most are that way, I know... If there's a chance to work her back in to the mix, I'd love that. Or maybe Bastilla?!

Miscellaneous -- T3 rocked in KOTORII, but lets put the old horse out to pasture. *ducks again* Since we're using ideas for the orginal trilogy, how about a droid character similar to the Imperial probot (sans self-destruction).

Yuthura Ban. Maybe too late for her, so something similar... Please?

How about a badly-programmed protocol droid that develops psychotic traits and suicidal tendencies for a little comic relief? I realize that human-looking characters are going to be much easier to empathize with, but maybe you can give us the option of recruiting creatures of different races? (idea stolen from previous posters) Have several characters available, but only room for one or make us prioritize the lesser characters and leave a few at home... If we pick up a Bith saxophonist/medical tech/martini mixer (just an example) and he's going to fill some involved role instead of a highly-paid voice actor, you can just use the basic alien speech that is so common (and well done, I think) in KOTORII.

So much to say... I'll leave this to the rest of the community to comment/critique/insult. Whatever, just please don't try to get it to the stores this X-mas... Or next. I'll wait.

I'm not favorable of the whole "starting over" level grinding any more. I've done it in KOTOR I and now II and pretty much sick of being wimpy for 3/4ths of the game, only to finally get powerful intime for the last chapter of the game. I'd like for once to start out with a fully trained Jedi/Sith but still have new powers to learn in a new Galaxy. I'm kinda sick of Character building, and would prefer a more detailed story.

Revan and the Exile were full Masters when they left the Core Worlds. If KOTOR III started up with one of them in "amnesia" the fans would rip Obisidian apart. So KOTOR III would have to either start out with a brand new story arc, or continue where it left off in KOTOR II. If it started out with a new story arc then ya a Padawan in the Exiles new Academy helping to rebuilt the republic would be fun, otherwise a high level adventure like I described. Personally I am more inclined to do a high level epic KOTOR then start all over again at level 1.

My idea is based off the LS ending of KOTOR II, and what Kreia said about Revan and why he left. We know that Revan has left the Core worlds, and has traveled out beyond the outer rim in search of the "True Sith". He's either going to destroy them or conquere them but either way it's going to be epic. We also discover that Bastilla has gone after him, and perhaps a few other of his old allies as well.

So, KOTOR III should pickup with the Exile traveling in the Ebon Hawk with T3 as his only companion. The story will pick up beyond the outer rim with news that Bastilla has been captured by a minor Sith Lord. You're first mission will be to fight your way in to free her, with all the missions and sub missions needed to get that done. Once freed she will join you and together with her info you will set out to try and catch up with Revan.

Finding Revan, this won't be any simple task. The Sith in this region won't be to thrilled with the prospect of the Exile and Revan joining forces be it LS or DS for that matter. Plenty of things could go wrong here, proving plenty of adventures for your party. New people, races, worlds etc to uncover. Eventually you end up finding Reven and either fighting him to the death and becoming the Ultimate Sith Lord, or joining him and setting up the backstory for KOTOR IV original.gif

Details:

No more amnesia. When making your character the game should give you say 15 levels of choices to make. Either have it auto select everything from a template, and/or give you the option to fully customize all your skills/powers/feats etc.

New Abilities, powers etc etc. This is the Sith Empire we'll be fighting in, and this will require our Hero to learn new Force Powers, and defences. Fighting in KOTOR III will require more tactical choices then just hitting Flury and watching the show. This should be a high level adventure from the start, even offering the ability to import a character from KOTOR II?

I think an idea that was very underutilized was the interaction between party NPCs. The sort of conflict between Kreia and Atton, for example, should have been more pronouced, such that some NPCs would refuse to talk / fight / fraternise with in general. Sure, Hanharr and Mira did this to a small extent, but I think this could have been more broadly and deeply implemented to a greater effect.

alanshu Kotor 3 starting class idea

Hmmm...aren't geometric and exponential interchangeable here?

I mean, geometric is just a discrete from of exponential.

Geometric Progression

An exponential series would start with the simplest example of 2:

2, 4, 8, 16, ... , 1024, 2048, ... 65536, ... etc

2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4, ... , 2^10, 2^11, ... 2^16, ... etc

Now, the amount of work to script 10 puzzles of key length 4 would be a geometric 10 x 4 = 40 scripted dialogues.

This is a minimum, however, you could always increase the complexity by allowing interactions between the puzzles, though this would be adding to the number of keys for the puzzle: e.g. a if the PC has already got the skeleton key from the Undead Golem, then the PC doesn't need to complete the four-part key quest for this door (of which the PC will have one innate part of the key and three other parts to obtain). It's additive not multiplicative, so we'd get 4 key parts multiplied by ten puzzles with an additional nine possible extra keys (one from each of the remaining puzzles) = 49.

Again, this would not be exponential, just a different geometric series.

I am struggling to come up with an example of a true exponential series in this model. It entail each puzzle having solutions that effected each of the consequential puzzles, such that the four initial key parts would each have four different key parts to each of the next puzzles, in order. So that you would get four to the power of ten = two to the twentieth power = 1,048,576 dialogue options in total.

There's a world of difference between 1,048,576 and 49. 1,048,527, to be exact. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm also tired of my support Jedi using up all of their force points AFTER I've already slaughtered the lone Cannock in my path and not stopping until they've used every buffing power or ran out of force points.  How about throwing a few into attacking while we're at it?

the AI scripts were a very welcome addition...once I started using them, I couldn't even image doing without them.

HOWEVER, there is room for improvement....just as Balder's Gate had CLERIC DEFENSIVE and CLERIC AGGRESSIVE choices, there needs to be a way to choose a Jedi Support>>Aggressive and a Jedi Support>>Defensive...absolutely.

What is the difference between Aggressive and Jedi Support>>Aggressive?

The former is all about rushing into battle with your melee weapon (i.e. lightsaber).

The latter is all about using offensive Force powers to neutralize the enemy and only engaging melee when you have no other choice.

Mentioned this earlier but since the last thread closed, thought maybe it can make a good suggestion in this thread.

I think that Darth Nihilus should make a comeback somehow in K3 so that he can be redeemed as a character. He does seem to be an interesting fellow with lots of mysteries and potential. And Star Wars EU has characters returning from fake deaths all the time, what's there to lose with this one? Besides, having a character with such a sorry role/life as the cover boy for the game box doesn't help the series. The possibilities of bringing Nihilus back are endless- the Exile still has the Nihilus mask, so anyone who puts on the mask resurrects Nihilus? Or that red cloud Nihilus turns into forms back up again? Or maybe like since there will always a Darth Traya, there will always be a Darth Nihilus? Darth Nihilus was really the evil side of Revan? etc etc and etc. You can make better ideas, but the possibilities are endless. Just give your K2 poster boy a chance to be redeemed. I don't see any harm bringing him back; he doesn't have to be the main villian or even a major villian, just something better than just a foe you kicked the ass out of.

More Nihilus discussion here for reference: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34429

MORALE CHECKS ANYONE? CAPTURE BAD GUYS?

how many times have you found yourself slaughtering Gand and other opponents who did not have a chance? On LS, this can be a little disturbing. It would be nice if your opponents could flee after taking alot of damage.

It would also be nice if your PC could capture some of the big baddies and have them tried (i.e. the Exchange bosses, the Mercenary boss on Nar Shadda, etc).

After their Vitality rating is down to about 25%, you get the option to SUBDUE. If you activate that, your strikes are designed to knock the person to the ground (without inflicting lethal damage). Once on the ground, options open up to use various holding devices.

Subdue should be a SQUAD-BASED command and there should be a number of squad commands.

CHOOSING YOUR OWN BACKSTORY

this came up on another thread. This is about giving your PC a backstory so that you can decide early on whether you want your PC to have been trained by Sith, or be a fallen Jedi, a Jedi recruit, a Jedi Outcast or someone who aspires to train others, etc.

Arcanum allows you to choose a bit of backstory if you want at character-creation time.

things like:

* raised by wolves

* joined the circus

* elven blood

etc, give your PC certain advantages and certain disadvantages.

I personally believe the KOTOR games should give us about 4 or 5 fairly detailed backstories to choose from and that the story is heavily influenced by what we choose. Basically, with RPGs, it is a choice: the more straightjacketed the PC's identity is, the more immersive the story can be written around him....the more "open-ended" the PC's identity is, the more "generic" and haphazard the story is going to be.

By giving us 4 or 5 "prefab" options, this gives us the illusion of open-endedness while allowing the devs to create a quality, immersive story.

MORALE CHECKS ANYONE?          CAPTURE BAD GUYS?

how many times have you found yourself slaughtering Gand and other opponents who did not have a chance?  On LS, this can be a little disturbing.  It would be nice if your opponents could flee after taking alot of damage.

It would also be nice if your PC could capture some of the big baddies and have them tried (i.e. the Exchange bosses, the Mercenary boss on Nar Shadda, etc).

After their Vitality rating is down to about 25%, you get the option to SUBDUE.  If you activate that, your strikes are designed to knock the person to the ground (without inflicting lethal damage).  Once on the ground, options open up to use various holding devices.

Subdue should be a SQUAD-BASED command and there should be a number of squad commands.

I am pretty sure that I had some Gand running away at one point ... even so, I agree morale was woefully underutilized and the concept of detail and non-lethal combat completely ignored.

I want to see " Lawful Good" Jedi exercising restraint -- even at their own personal peril -- by trying to detain rather than kill.

For example, it might be twice as difficult to stun as it is to hit and damage normally. More practically, it would be some penalty adjustment to the normal combat, as well as some special animations, to keep the game in balance. And it would be possible to switch between modes, just as in real life. You might want to kick the stuffing out of a particularly large, ornery and battle-savvy opponent before attempting to knock them out. Or you might try to disarm them. Then you might be using non-lethal combat and suddenly your own life is in danger, so you would use all (lethal) force necessary. (It would probably be too much to ask that the AI could determine if the combat style adhered to the alignment of the PC. :thumbsup:" )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

CHOOSING YOUR OWN BACKSTORY

this came up on another thread.  This is about giving your PC a backstory so that you can decide early on whether you want your PC to have been trained by Sith, or be a fallen Jedi, a Jedi recruit, a Jedi Outcast or someone who aspires to train others, etc.

Arcanum allows you to choose a bit of backstory if you want at character-creation time.

things like:

* raised by wolves

* joined the circus

* elven blood

etc, give your PC certain advantages and certain disadvantages.

I personally believe the KOTOR games should give us about 4 or 5 fairly detailed backstories to choose from and that the story is heavily influenced by what we choose. Basically, with RPGs, it is a choice: the more straightjacketed the PC's identity is, the more immersive the story can be written around him....the more "open-ended" the PC's identity is, the more "generic" and haphazard the story is going to be.

By giving us 4 or 5 "prefab" options, this gives us the illusion of open-endedness while allowing the devs to create a quality, immersive story.

... while still limiting the work to a reasonable amount. Dragon Age is a good example of this, with about half-a-dozen detailed, seperate characters with their corresponding unique backstories.

I concur. :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think that Darth Nihilus should make a comeback somehow in K3 so that he can be redeemed as a character. He does seem to be an interesting fellow with lots of mysteries and potential.

I personally think a Darth Nihilus Force Ghost would make an excellent DS mentor (and, IMO, K3 really needs to have a more clear-cut distinction between LS and DS paths and, by extension, training).

However, the alienspeak that he does poses something of a problem....they would need to find a very plausible way to explain why he had the alienspeak in K2 but not as a K3 Force Ghost.

Bringing him back as a living man would be difficult, IMO. Calo Nord has a better chance of coming back as a living man than Nihilus does, IMO.

I'm not favorable of the whole "starting over" level grinding any more. I've done it in KOTOR I and now II and pretty much sick of being wimpy for 3/4ths of the game, only to finally get powerful intime for the last chapter of the game. I'd like for once to start out with a fully trained Jedi/Sith but still have new powers to learn in a new Galaxy. I'm kinda sick of Character building, and would prefer a more detailed story.

Revan and the Exile were full Masters when they left the Core Worlds. If KOTOR III started up with one of them in "amnesia" the fans would rip Obisidian apart. So KOTOR III would have to either start out with a brand new story arc, or continue where it left off in KOTOR II. If it started out with a new story arc then ya a Padawan in the Exiles new Academy helping to rebuilt the republic would be fun, otherwise a high level adventure like I described. Personally I am more inclined to do a high level epic KOTOR then start all over again at level 1.

My idea is based off the LS ending of KOTOR II, and what Kreia said about Revan and why he left. We know that Revan has left the Core worlds, and has traveled out beyond the outer rim in search of the "True Sith". He's either going to destroy them or conquere them but either way it's going to be epic. We also discover that Bastilla has gone after him, and perhaps a few other of his old allies as well.

So, KOTOR III should pickup with the Exile traveling in the Ebon Hawk with T3 as his only companion. The story will pick up beyond the outer rim with news that Bastilla has been captured by a minor Sith Lord. You're first mission will be to fight your way in to free her, with all the missions and sub missions needed to get that done. Once freed she will join you and together with her info you will set out to try and catch up with Revan.

Finding Revan, this won't be any simple task. The Sith in this region won't be to thrilled with the prospect of the Exile and Revan joining forces be it LS or DS for that matter. Plenty of things could go wrong here, proving plenty of adventures for your party. New people, races, worlds etc to uncover. Eventually you end up finding Reven and either fighting him to the death and becoming the Ultimate Sith Lord, or joining him and setting up the backstory for KOTOR IV original.gif

Details:

No more amnesia. When making your character the game should give you say 15 levels of choices to make. Either have it auto select everything from a template, and/or give you the option to fully customize all your skills/powers/feats etc.

New Abilities, powers etc etc. This is the Sith Empire we'll be fighting in, and this will require our Hero to learn new Force Powers, and defences. Fighting in KOTOR III will require more tactical choices then just hitting Flury and watching the show. This should be a high level adventure from the start, even offering the ability to import a character from KOTOR II?

YES, YES, YES!!! Finally, a good idea!!!

Just a quick thought, I would like to customize lightsabre colour. By this I mean if I choose a red crystal, I want it to be a red crystal, but I want to be able to customize the hue or tone of the red, to create a burgandy or a magenta.

Also, the possibility of have more than one colour crystal. Ulic Quel Droma had a green/yellow lightsabre, I don't see why we can't have cool, combo colours.

Guest Fishboot

Is charater transferrence passe these days? I remember taking characters all the way from level 1 in Pools of Radiance to level kajillion in Pools of Darkness - do companies not like to have transferred characters anymore? It does lead to a bit of new player lockout. The last game I remember having it was Baldur's Gate 2, and that was what, five or six years ago, and which had a lot of "throwback" in it.

Honestly the "True Sith Lords" plot thread from the first two games doesn't interest me at all - they'd have to be forging new canon at every turn and K2 already had a nasty streak of "trivializing" the rest of the SW continuity by having such grandiose implications. I'd rather just have something maybe 50+ years after K1+K2 that deals with the "mundane" galactic consequences of the Mandalorian-Jedi Civil-Jedi Extermination wars.

Play-wise I'd be interested in seeing true multi-classing 3rd Edition D+D style, where you could take X levels of Consular, Y levels of Soldier, Z levels of Technician, etc, with prestige classes that have level, skill and feat requirements rather than being a simple event as in K2. I actually liked the "Jedi training" concept from K2 on my first playthrough, when I didn't know how to push around the influence system and only managed to turn one of the sidekicks into a Jedi, which made it a little more special. On my second playthrough things got a little silly when every humanoid member of the crew is suddenly a hardened Jedi after a cutscene where I tell them to close their eyes...

Aside from those concerns, I just want "More","Better","Faster" and "Now". :D

Honestly the "True Sith Lords" plot thread from the first two games doesn't interest me at all - they'd have to be forging new canon at every turn and K2 already had a nasty streak of "trivializing" the rest of the SW continuity by having such grandiose implications. I'd rather just have something maybe 50+ years after K1+K2 that deals with the "mundane" galactic consequences of the Mandalorian-Jedi Civil-Jedi Extermination wars.

I generally agree....the KOTOR games need to be about what Jedi "normally" do (i.e. in times of relative galactic peace). Having said that, I think many people (myself included) would be very disappointed if KOTOR 3 did not have an epic ending to what we are in now.

If KOTOR III finishes the story we are in now (and, really, it almost has to) then it gets tricky. Whether they realized it when they started or not, LA is already writting all kinds of non-self-contained continuity here. I think they will approach any foray into the Unknown Regions with great care.

Who knows what they will do? They might decide to reveal the true threat in a way that does not require a trip to the Unknown Regions. The more they can avoid writting new continuity, the better, I think.

That is another reason I think Naga Sadow will be the head of the "True Sith"...it is such a natural way to explain the difference between the true sith and the new sith order....and it really doesn't mess with continuity that much.

Something else that has come to mind is that KOTOR III needs a new game engine, one that can fully utilize todays newest cards and tech, but at the same time allow older machines the chance to play. One game I've played lately that is very beautiful is Farcry, any chance KOTOR III could be created using that game engine?

http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/technology.php

Something else that has come to mind is that KOTOR III needs a new game engine, one that can fully utilize todays newest cards and tech, but at the same time allow older machines the chance to play. One game I've played lately that is very beautiful is Farcry, any chance KOTOR III could be created using that game engine?

http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/technology.php

Hmmmm, I don't know. If the past is any gauge, then KOTOR III will start off as a console game and then be ported over to PC. The idea of degrading video for lesser machines is more of a PC FPS thing. I doubt they will do it.

I wonder, though, if KOTOR III is going to be next-gen? I think so but it is possible that they are already working on it and that it is current gen.

Ah, the suspense.

Naga Sadow is dead as Dirt.

Is that your opinion or is that EU continuity? If it is continuity, then I ask for a citation. Which comic? What number? etc.

Continuity, TOTJ sourcebook.

Freedon Nadd Fled from Sadow because he feared him. When he got more powerful he wnt back to Yavin and killed him for good.

KOTOR 2 must be completed