GEORGE LUCAS PLANS KOTOR ERA MOVIE!

Nur Ab Sal

In that respect, I always did lik EPV the most. Although I do find a lot of the Luke/Dagobah scenes terrible boring (on part with every Anakin/Padme scene in existence).

I never did like Luke, Obi-Wan had so much more character and died too soon imo, too bad Sir Guinness hated working on the movie.

I think being annoying runs in the family :thumbsup:

Was kind of beneath him :) Wonder how he would feel about it today.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Personally, I liked Radioland Murders. :thumbsup:

It may well be that Lucas will never let another director have a free hand with a new Star Wars movie. That's a shame, because a lot of good directors wouldn't be willing to accept that. Most people are nice about him in public because you can't argue with money, but he's a creative consultant, not a director.

If he tries to make another movie, without the pulling power of the big names (Yoda, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader), I don't think it will be the big money-making success the others were - or at least, it will be more of a gamble.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Personally, I liked Radioland Murders:thumbsup:

It may well be that Lucas will never let another director have a free hand with a new Star Wars movie.  That's a shame, because a lot of good directors wouldn't be willing to accept that.  Most people are nice about him in public because you can't argue with money, but he's a creative consultant, not a director.

If he tries to make another movie, without the pulling power of the big names (Yoda, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader), I don't think it will be the big money-making success the others were - or at least, it will be more of a gamble.

I agree. The reason everyone is looking on RotS more favourable than the first two is twofold. First off EP I and II set the bar so low that almost anything would be an improvement (sorry Liam you were great). Second EP III feels much closer to the OT than the previous two. Just add he's not a screenplay writer either.

Absolutely. You only have to look at how much Vader is plastered over cereal boxes despite being in the film for less than minute. Nothing else has the gravitas of Lord Vader in his shiny black armour it seems.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think being annoying runs in the family  :thumbsup:

Was kind of beneath him :) Wonder how he would feel about it today.

Indeed, the annoying kid gene is as evident as ever. :)

Also, I think he would have looked at it differently today, I mean he was already an esteemed british actor back then (somewhat conservative, from the quotes I've read) and this was what he descriped as "mumbo jumbo" if memory serves. :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

And for CGI: it's nice but what really moves me is excellent play of such actors as

Samuel Jackson, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid. They simply own Ford, Fisher and Hamill pathetic performance. It's just a fact.

That's pretty rich. Jackson only plays a minor role. Lee's character dies within the first 10 minutes. McDiarmid overacts in quite a few scenes, and I'm not referring to the "cackling fool" ones. Christensen has improved, but he's still not at the level of the rest. And while McGregor is good, he's nowhere near Harrison Ford. He will never be, sorry. It's a matter of acting talent.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Your opinion. :rolleyes:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Of course it's my opinion. However, you won't find many people who consider McGregor a better actor than Harrison Ford.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And for CGI: it's nice but what really moves me is excellent play of such actors as

Samuel Jackson, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid. They simply own Ford, Fisher and Hamill pathetic performance. It's just a fact.

Yes, Christopher Lee is a very good actor but he dies WAY too quickly to have shown off his true talent in this movie. McGregor did an excelent job as well. But I'm sorry, Ford was a really good actor. The others did not "own" him. I admit Hamill's acting sucked in the OT but Fisher did an good job. Also, Christensen did WAY better in ROTS than AOTC but it still wasn't all that great. And the Leia Han love was way better than the Padme Anakin love.

Also problems presented in Prequel Trilogy are more complex, more serious and more interesting than "fixing falcon's hyperdrive" and shooting to stormtroopers

which seems to be main problems of TESB primitive story.

So Jar-Jar trying to run an army and shoot droids is more complex than fixing the hyperdrive and shooting stormtroopers? I'm sorry, the first two of the prequels are way too kiddy and cheesy for the greatness of ROTS to make it better than the OT. ROTS is better than ROTJ though I will give it that.

Of course it's my opinion. However, you won't find many people who consider McGregor a better actor than Harrison Ford.

Me. :rolleyes:" Not when it comes to StarWars but overall. Ford is pretty much a one-trick pony. "Want me to be Han Solo or Jack Ryan?"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Me. :rolleyes:" Not when it comes to StarWars but overall. Ford is pretty much a one-trick pony. "Want me to be Han Solo or Jack Ryan?"

Or Indiana Jones. (which is sorta Han Soloish, actually)

But I too think that McGregor is better. ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Meh, I think there are all pretty fine actors involved in both Trilogies - I just don't think GL got very much out of the Prequel actors. But then, both trilogies were approached I think from entirely different angles.

Meh, I think there are all pretty fine actors involved in both Trilogies - I just don't think GL got very much out of the Prequel actors. But then, both trilogies were approached I think from entirely different angles.

As I said previously GL is just not good at getting performances out of actors. Only those who are pretty much above it all and do there own thing anyway tend to turn in good performances. I mean Christopher Lee is much the same as Saruman in EPII but he brings both a dignity and a huge presence to both roles.

478327[/snapback]

I suggest the two of you get rid of your prejudices and watch a few more HF movies.  :wacko:

Starwars - check.

Indiana Jones - check.

The films where he plays Jack Ryan even when he isnt Jack Ryan - check.

:wub: what have I missed?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Starwars - check.

Indiana Jones - check.

:wub: what have I missed?

No. Read again, and execute the instructions in the order they are given. FIRST, get rid of your prejudices, THEN, watch HF movies.

:wacko:

I could drop my prejudices but if I watch his movies again they'll just come right back again, stronger than ever :wacko:

As I said previously GL is just not good at getting performances out of actors. Only those who are pretty much above it all and do there own thing anyway tend to turn in good performances. I mean Christopher Lee is much the same as Saruman in EPII but he brings both a dignity and a huge presence to both roles.

I agree.

Personally I think the cast in the original trilogy were allowed to - or just got away with - sort of doing there own thing in some respects, and that's why painful dialogue doesn't really shine out like it does in the Prequels, an the performances are (generally) thought to be better.

I suggest the two of you get rid of your prejudices and watch a few more HF movies.  :wacko:

Starwars - check.

Indiana Jones - check.

:huh: what have I missed?

I think there's one in which he's onboard a plane as a president. :wub:

DENMARK!

From my point of view you are talking nonsense. :wacko:

Also problems presented in Prequel Trilogy are more complex, more serious and more interesting than "fixing falcon's hyperdrive" and shooting to stormtroopers

which seems to be main problems of TESB primitive story.

Lets look at what you just said:

Samuel Jackson: Excellent actor who is terrible misused in the Star Wars movies. BTW, thats a pretty common statement across the board from general people and critics (one of the VERY few times I agree with Critics btw). His character lacked any real dialog in any of the movies. So how you think he was awsome in these films is beyond me, go look at some of his other work out there to see what he is capable of.

Christopher Lee: Again great actor with no real scenes other then two main fighting scenes (in which a body double was used because his arthritis is so bad he could barely hold the lightsabre hilt). Sorry but two fighting scenes does not a great actor make.

Ewan McGregor: AWSOME actor. the one REAL shining point in the Star Wars movies. If it wasnt for Ewan these films would have crashed and burned (well him and CGI flash and all that).

Hayden: ROFLMAO! You cant seriously be saying Hayden in the same breath as the above three names. Thats just insulting! Hayden lacked depth in any of his preformances in the movies.

And well you obviously have a love affair going with Ian so Ill not comment there.

Other then Ewan, none of them truely stand up to the preformance Harrison did. Harrison took his limited material and pulled you into his character so you cared.

Carrie Fisher was basically a Padami character so Ill not go into that.

Point is, just because episodes 1,2,3 had more recognized actors doesnt mean they were used or able to use their abilities. They were not!

For the record I liked episodes 1,2,3 more then 4,5,6. But this wasnt grand acting and anyone that says it was is totally out to lunch. This was escapism pure and simple and the effects in 1,2,3 were so top notch that it made the escapism worthwhile and fun.

Story wise though, pretty much any sci fi TV series has better storylines and demands more of their casts.

Just watch and enjoy the movies for what they are.

BTW Nu, bet yas any amount of money none of the actors get nods for best actors and Lucas doesnt get nod for best director! Why because none of them deserve it plain and simple!