New X-box unveiled

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/2005/0411-mtv.htm

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/2005/0506-overviewstory.htm

What gets me is that they don't have anything to say about the x-box in the articles. They just talk about the entertainers who will unveil the x-box. I guess Frodo will be hosting the show.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Old Hat!!!

But interesting...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The inside look at the next-generation Xbox will continue at MTV.com, where after the special, viewers will find extended event coverage, including behind-the-scenes video, photos, and other special extras.

Come for the unveiling of our console, stay for the cookies and Frodo autographs.

Foda-se for Frodo, eh?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

"Always learn to swear first."

kirottu said:

Hahaa... ;) The first thing that portuguese girl I met said was...perkele. I just thought that it would be fair to learn some myself too. She was a good teacher.

kirottu said:

I've already seen what the next xbox looks like. Just google it on the net, you'll find pics.

I'm more commenting on the big blow out party Microsoft has scheduled for the release. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it just seems so... excessive. Whatever sells x-boxes, I suppose. I might buy one myself.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

MS is doing a agressive media campain, I guess they think its going to help sales.

I doubt Sony or Nintendo will bother that much over their launch, they are trying to sell their machines on their own merits.

I give you a hint on the next consoles, take a look what they really offer and not on MTV shows.

drakron.png

The only way I'll buy an Xbox 360 is if they have a better RPG lineup than the 3 or 4 the Xbox had. If the PS3 lineup is as good as it was this gen, then thats what I'm buying.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Even though it was only 10 seconds of gamplay footage, those games looked gooood, especially Madden 06 and that racing game thingy. PD Zero looks like everything's made of clay :thumbsup:

Apparently the Madden stuff isn't actual gameplay footage. Its just "Artists rendition" of what it will look like.

Over on the SuperheroHype boards all the Xbox fanboys are complaining about how everything looks like regular Xbox stuff and how they're so disappointed.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what does this "360" stand for? 360 hours lifetime?

It's a hip and happening name that just screams how *extreme* the Xbox is. I guess you just aren't down with the jive that the groovy kids all talk these days.

Apparently the Madden stuff isn't actual gameplay footage. Its just "Artists rendition" of what it will look like.

Over on the SuperheroHype boards all the Xbox fanboys are complaining about how everything looks like regular Xbox stuff and how they're so disappointed.

Now that sounds lame.

Though the guys at Tiburon say that Madden will look better than the "Artists rendition" stuff.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have to admit that the games haven't been the best thing about my x-box. I hooked it up to my home theater system with optical sound and I've got a huge number of songs on it. No more switching cds. Still, the Dark Alliance series, the KotOR series, Magic Battlegrounds, Crimson skies, and a couple other titles have been great fun. There's something to be said for being able to sit in my recliner and play a game. On the other hand, I have everything set up for playing music and movies already and so the games must wow me before I'll be willing to shell out the clams for a new xbox system.

I'll have to see. The biggest problem with the xbox are the controllers. Great for some games, but I can't get the hang of the FPS controls. That leaves out a lot of the big titles for xbox. Maybe I'll take a week, when I have one (HA) and just play an FPS (maybe Doom 3) until I get the hang of it.

Obsidian Plays

No tail grabs?

kirottu said: