Advent Rising theatrical trailer

I agree ... besides its a XBox game and I am VERY suspecious of then.

Apparently it's going to be released on PC as well. It remains to be seen which version will be given the edge, but if it's anything like recent years, it'll be devised primarily for console, then ported with some tweaks to PC. Hopefully, they'll be able to make the port not feel like one.

No K2 was ported just like K1,that's what I expected...and btw I consider it a good one too :lol:

I belive it's gonna be more like Thief 3 :( AKA launched simultaneouslly :)

Tho I'm hoping for good mouse\keyboard controls :)

I wonder what the engine they're using is. Seems like it supports huge enviroments and has a certain halo-like visual feel in it, but doubt they'd be so cheap to just use Bungie's engine.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Weird. I didn't see anything in those trailers that seemed extraordinary or unique. It's just.. well-directed movies. And I hate when they show the main character doing some complicated moves, like dodging bullets, doing a somersault over a sofa and at the same time rescuing some overly busty girl. You just know that's not gonna happen in the game, only in the cut-scenes.

It's probably going to be another action game with spectacular graphics. Ho hum..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

In a small attic somewhere, a portrait of Epic's director gets poorer and poorer and poor...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It's probably going to be another action game with spectacular graphics. Ho hum..

Yes and that's what I want+ Card's storytelling(which should be the best part IMHO)

Card's stories make Baley happy :(

I don't expect major advancements action wise...jusy great storytelling :lol:

And I hate when they show the main character doing some complicated moves, like dodging bullets, doing a somersault over a sofa and at the same time rescuing some overly busty girl. You just know that's not gonna happen in the game, only in the cut-scenes.

I have to disagree on that bit. Some are clearly cutscenes, but there are ocasions where it's clearly visible we're seeing actual game content (at least game content devised until now).

What I am looking more suspiciously at in the trailer is the use of them psywhatchamacallits. Hopefully their use is left to player ingenuity rather than fixed, forced or clear cut situations.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh yes, a Game Spy review :rolleyes:

I don't like Gamespy either (because of this review) but unless they are outright lying, the flaws in the game that they mention are severe enough to destroy gameplay completely. And, no matter the reviewer, technical stuff like the framerate going down to single digits is always a bad thing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Let me start out by saying Ive wanted to play this game for a while, so the less than stellar reviews have been disappointing. However, according to Donald Mustard (the dev in charge of the entire game and studio), the reason for the framerate drops are due to the fact that the review copies are on 2 dvds, while the retail copies are on a dual-layer dvd. As only Microsoft can manufacture the dual-layer disks, GlyphX were forced to send out the two disk version to reviewers. Supposedly, the problems arent as bad in the actual game.

I am disappointed at how short it seems to be, though. 8-10 hours is probably one of the shortest modern games Ive ever played.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Well as I said I don't own an XBOX and I'm waiting for the PC version,that I hope will be more polished...

I know the chances of it happening are rather small,but they exist..so I'll be hoping for a better version :rolleyes:

The thing that really bothered me was the part about the story,the story is the reason I'm interested in this game...

I'm hoping they don't know a thing about quality stories :)

EDIT:

IGN gave it :78%

and Maxim Online:4 out of 5..

Better..tho I hardly trust any of the reviewers :)

Or for a PC Review :rolleyes:

If only the PC version didn't had the problems that apparently exist in the console version.

Like KotOR II.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seems that I'm not getting it afterall. Too bad, really. There are just too many other, really good, games out now, that forking the odd 50-60 euros for 10 hours of rather mediocre gameplay doesn't seem like a good idea. Pity, really.

kirottu said:

The problem that bugs me the most is the targeting. I haven't played this yet, but could the targeting be a console-specific-thing? There's really no reason to have auto-target in a PC game what with the mouse, and I don't think I've ever seen it in a good game. Hrm, perhaps those are the key words, in a good game. I'm still keeping an eye on this game, but I'm not looking forward to it as much, and I'll be reading a PC review before I buy for sure. It's a shame, as Bailey said, here's to hoping they know nothing about a good story.

Those reviews are disappointing. Although admittedly I only just saw the trailer for it on television, so it's not like I had a long term interest in it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)