Advent Rising theatrical trailer

At Gamespot.

Apparantly, this one will be shown at the Star Wars Episode III movie. This game is either a masterpiece of this generation or a flop, it's no in-between.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I want this game so bad. Orson Scott Card wrote the story, and they've got an entire orchestra doing the music for it. It's supposed to be the first part of a trilogy, and having already seen the sad nature of trilogies that aren't allowed to be completed in Beyond Good & Evil, (plus being an Orson Scott Card fan) I hope desperately this game doesn't flop.

I just recently had the chance to read Ender's Game. Great book. I might have to check out this game. I just don't always have the easiest time with the xbox controller.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I want this game so bad.  Orson Scott Card wrote the story, and they've got an entire orchestra doing the music for it.  It's supposed to be the first part of a trilogy, and having already seen the sad nature of trilogies that aren't allowed to be completed in Beyond Good & Evil, (plus being an Orson Scott Card fan) I hope desperately this game doesn't flop.

Exacly...I completly agree :rolleyes:

But the game seems to good to be true.

I remeber reading theat your choices will highly influence the story...the entire story of the trilogy

For example: You may have to choose between your gf and your brother when your ship is atacked...either way the story should be very different...

I really want this game...second only to NWN2 :D

I just recently had the chance to read Ender's Game.  Great book.  I might have to check out this game.  I just don't always have the easiest time with the xbox controller.

Feh, you think I'd play a shooter on Xbox? Hell no!

I'll be playing this on my PC. :cool:

As for his books, the second one in the series, Speaker for the Dead, is much better. Ender's Game is just a tie in extrapolation of a short story of his he did for his publishers so Speaker would make more sense.

Plus, the Piggies and Jane are just cool.

Might someone have a link to an official site for this piece of yumminess? Pretty please?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Baley, you're the man! :blink:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Wow, this looks awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

But there's big ships and explosions and stuff!

You don't like explosions?!

kirottu said:

I'm not excited about the shooting parts(which seem great,btw) but by the story part and Card's contribution :-

Anyone who has ever read one of his books should know why.

Simply put..this game promises the best Scs-Fi story :o

Card is a great author, but I don't really share the enthusiastic attitude every scifi-fan seems to have prior even seeing how the story will unfold.

kirottu said:

Card is a great author, but I don't really share the enthusiastic attitude every scifi-fan seems to have prior even seeing how the story will unfold.

I agree that's why I said it promises :-(and not that it will be)

The game seems to good to be true...I really don't wanna be dissapointed by this one.

Card's storytelling should improve it tho :o

Ditto'ed :o

kirottu said:

The psi powers seemed pretty interesting to me. If they are still implemented as a Pc Zone article said they would improve with use. So with fullpowered TK you could pick up massive battletanks and smash them into the opposition, which I admit sounds really nice.

Was I the only one who found it strange that Eru's post hinted at him wanting this game so bad, but for no gameplay reason whatsoever, instead mentioning only the story and the hiring of an orchestra?

In any case, like others before it, it just feels like the same old stuff done prettier but apparently not different enough for me to care.... Yet.

Was I the only one who found it strange that Eru's post hinted at him wanting this game so bad, but for no gameplay reason whatsoever, instead mentioning only the story and the hiring of an orchestra?

Orson Scott Card...nuff said :cool:

Gameplay seems fun...and that's great,buy what I really want is a great story :)

The mechanics could be similar to any other Action game as long as it's story shines :thumbsup:

I agree ... besides its a XBox game and I am VERY suspecious of then.

It's a PC Game as well,it's multi-platform :ermm:

I don't care much that Orson Scott Card is handling the story. This doesn't mean I don't care about his work, it just means I don't care for whoever writes the story, because I'm mainly after the gameplay aspect.

'Course, it varies from person to person.