Serenity trailer (aka the Firefly movie)

kumquatq3

Their deaths really shocked me. I figured Book might die but Wash? Not Wash!!! ;)

I plan on getting the DVD when it comes out, or at least the Director's Cut. There is only one other Sci fi show that approaches Serenity/Firefly and that is Battlestar Galactica (the new version). My DVD purchases of the coming months will be getting these two series.

$22,716,560 total as of Tues. Still in the top ten for the day.

It's actaully funny, Serenity could easily end up being the 3rd biggest grossing movie of that 21 day period when 12+ major movies released.

I think part of the problem is that the box office was obviously choked with release for a time there.

After T1 and bitorrents were invented, going to the movies has sort of become...passe.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

^That I can agree with.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Piracy? Is downloading for free pirating nowadays? Back when I did it; pirating was buying illegal copies and bootlegs from shady cornershops.

kirottu said:

Ethereal piracy?

Ghost buccaneers! zomg!

kirottu said:

Ok its official, i am a fan. I've watched about 10 episodes and love it and also hate that it was cancelled and would really like to see the series continued in some cinematic/televisual form. I actually care about **** untimely demise.

You nutsack! Spoilers!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just saw it and I'm bumping this thread for no other reason than saying that this movie is teh shiznit!!1. :thumbsup:

Go watch it now if you haven't.

I'll have to check out the tv show too.

That is all.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Is the prologue of the film (the rescue) meant to be a prologue to the whole Firefly/Serenity story? Or did river get taken again by the alliance in the interim between series and movie?

If its the former then it conflicts with Simon's version of events in the pilot. If its the latter then it seems a pretty big thing not mention throughout the film.

Is the prologue of the film (the rescue) meant to be a prologue to the whole Firefly/Serenity story? Or did river get taken again by the alliance in the interim between series and movie?

If its the former then it conflicts with Simon's version of events in the pilot. If its the latter then it seems a pretty big thing not mention throughout the film.

I'd say it's the former. Not having seen Simon's version, I don't know how large the discrepency is, though if GL can revise SW every time he releases it on a new format, then I guess the precedent has already been set and tacitly accepted by the cinema-going audience ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's supposed to sum up the series.

Obviously things that happend in the series were forgotten, thats why suddenly Simon is a outsider again, but what I heard as the explanation to why Simons story from the series was different from the video in the movie is that Simon lied to the crew about some details due to lack of trust. It's obviously BS, but thats what has been said apparently.

I think the only big difference between Simon's version, and what we see in the film, is that Simon knows they're screwing with her brain. The guy just told him what they've been doing to her. Yet in the series, he has no idea what they did to her.

They also kinda forgot about the two guys from Blue Sun that were chasing her.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's supposed to sum up the series.

Obviously things that happend in the series were forgotten, thats why suddenly Simon is a outsider again, but what I heard as the explanation to why Simons story from the series was different from the video in the movie is that Simon lied to the crew about some details due to lack of trust. It's obviously BS, but thats what has been said apparently.

That's what I've read too.

So, how is the movie doing? Any chance of a sequel? Or, even better, any chances for the show to be resurrected? :ermm:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.