Any Fallout news?

Hey, I've been out of the loop for a while and lost track of things. Are there any recent (last 3-6 months) updates on the upcoming Fallout bastard child that Bethesda softworks was making? Clearly I have little faith in them, but who knows.

Let's call it, Fallout 5: The Chosen One Must Choose, but with a TWIST!

Let's give a second subtitle!

Fallout 5: The Chosen One Must Choose: The Brotherhood of FREAKING HERVE CAEN YOU FREAKING MORON: A Post Nuclear 3D FPS Live Action Role Playing Game.

And let's give it space sim elements.

And you can pilot a big robot!

And you can dual rockets launchers!

BETTER YET! You can dual-wield robots which are dual-wielding rocket launchers!!!!

And combat will be in FPS mode, but with a twist! It'll have fighter game elements too! Like Dungeon Lords, the ultimate combat RPG of 2004.

This will be grreat!

Let's call it, Fallout 5: The Chosen One Must Choose, but with a TWIST!

Let's give a second subtitle!

Fallout 5: The Chosen One Must Choose: The Brotherhood of FREAKING HERVE CAEN YOU FREAKING MORON: A Post Nuclear 3D FPS Live Action Role Playing Game.

And let's give it space sim elements.

And you can pilot a big robot!

And you can dual rockets launchers!

BETTER YET! You can dual-wield robots which are dual-wielding rocket launchers!!!!

And combat will be in FPS mode, but with a twist! It'll have fighter game elements too! Like Dungeon Lords, the ultimate combat RPG of 2004.

This will be grreat!

:blink: I'd buy that :):thumbsup:

As for FO3 Bethsoft has already said it's way too early...they're in pre-production :)

Your not gonna see it at E3 either :)

Fallout with space sim elements? I want now! (w00t)

Heck, make it a full space sim. With a newtonian flight model. Not many of those lately... It would also have better audience, space sim fans are far more smart and civileced than RPG fans - especially more smart and civiliced than Fallout fans. :thumbsup:

Move along, nothing to see here!

Fallout with space sim elements? I want now!  (w00t)

Heck, make it a full space sim. With a newtonian flight model. Not many of those lately... It would also have better audience, space sim fans are far more smart and civileced than RPG fans - especially more smart and civiliced than Fallout fans.  :thumbsup:

Why you atacking FO fans...me smash you're head :blink:

Its going to suck anyway, so you'd better not waste energy on scouring the internet for whatever info there is.

The Bethesda RPG recipe:

1. huge pointless world to explore in order to find pointless loot(this is the game itself, all else is just decoration)

2. no story (who needs story when you have a huge piontless world and loot?)

3. graphics that you can click to read some text(some people call these things NPCs)

4. insects you can ride on, fallout3 will feature giant inflated blowfish balloons as main means of transportation.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I still wonder how they're gonna use special in 1st/3rd person real-time mode :- ?

Damn it would be better if they just did it TB top-down :(

And It's gonna be Oblivion engine it took years to build it,they're not gonna start from scrap again :p

Damn it would be better if they just did it TB top-down :-

Agreed. Heck TB 3rd person free roaming camera would be fine too. But I've almost accepted that its not going to happen. I can hold on to a little bit of hope until they confirm, but there isn't much left.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Same way that d20 works in NWN or KoTOR.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Seems like most of you guys are really scared for changes and everything that isn't BlackIsle..?

I would have to say it feels great with some renewal. New thoughts, new plot and probably a really great (looking) engine to boost. I mean, okay it isn't BIS as it was supposed to be, but that's how it is now. Fallout was never about top-down view, not in my opinion at least. It's about the atmosphere and characters, right?

If they pull this off, and just not tries to make it to much like morrowind(shallow and boring) I think it has the possibility to become great. I love top-down, but I would really like to see the Fallout world in it's full "glory" :- and would welcome changes, as long as they don't prove to be too negative compared to the positive changes.

Just my thoughts, don't flame me please :devil:

Anyone here a scaper btw?

I'm not afraid of changes but RT :devil: ?

Fallout was never about top-down view, not in my opinion at least. It's about the atmosphere and characters, right?

With that I agree but we're talking about Bethsoft :- ...if TESs are they're best efforts in atmosphere and characters...then...I'll pass on FO3 :(

It's just that Bethesda's idea of a really great RPG = Morrowind. So they're bound to approach Fallout 3 with the same type of vision which prioritises a huge gameworld where you can do everything* in front of storyline and characters.

* everything = travel to the four corners of the map and kill critters to get exp and loot, or do a couple of pointless FedEx quests til you get sick of it.

Aahh yes, I can understand your worries. IF TES is the best they can do at creating atmosphere and characters, this coming falloutgame would probably be doomed in my opinion. But.. have faith my friend and I shall listen to thy prayers. I wouldn't say that they can't create an atmosphere, because I think in some areas of Morrowind, they have proven to be great at it, but in many parts they have failed. The biggest problem with TES is just the characters. Or the lack of character. :-

I though can't believe that they would see the fallout-project in the same view as TES, and I sure hope they won't.

Best wishes, God.

edit:

* everything = travel to the four corners of the map and kill critters to get exp and loot, or do a couple of pointless FedEx quests til you get sick of it.

Haha, yes. That would be terrible :devil:

But they have hopefully learned by now(or will most companies ever?) that it's not something wanted in a game.

Haha, yes. That would be terrible thumbsup.gif

But they have hopefully learned by now(or will most companies ever?) that it's not something wanted in a game.

MW had great reviews,GoTY awards,great sales.

I don't think they could have learned anyting exept that crap sells :devil:

"I don't think they could have learned anyting exept that crap sells"

Or worse... what we think of as 'crap' others think of as 'awesome' and 'sweet'. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Or worse... what we think of as 'crap' others think of as 'awesome' and 'sweet'.

That's even more disturbing :) ...I've only seen a few MW fans here...do you think they're closet MW-ers too :ph34r:

If they do it like Morrowind...I'm gonna do something nasty in front of they're HQ :p

I'm still hoping they hire some EX-Troikans to teach them how to do a proper TB Fallout...oh and Troika's last engine seemed great :(

With that I agree but we're talking about Bethsoft ;) ...if TESs are they're best efforts in atmosphere and characters...then...I'll pass on FO3 :lol:

To be fair though, Bethesda has said in an interview (or similar) that what they percieve to be the key difference between FO and TES is the memorable characters present in FO and that they will have to make sure that the characters in FO3 are equally memorable.

So hopefully there will be much better character and athmosphere than in TES. If they even come close in that department compared to the original FO then I can live with the game being first person view and real time.