Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best of the best lightsaber user?

• Count Dooku
    • Mace Windu
    • Darth Sidious
    • Yoda
    • Anakin Skywalker(Pre-Vader)
    • Darth Revan
    • Darth Maul
    • Obi-wan Kenobi (luckiest jedi ever)
    • Darth Malak (LOL)

After E3 it is certainly Mace. He spanked Palpatine easily until he run in fear. It was jerk Anakin's intrusion that caused Mace's death. Obviously you didn't watch movie with care.

Both mace and Palpatine sensed Anakin approaching... Since Palpatine was clearly excellent at manipulation i have a feeling that he lost purposefully to turn Anakin fully.

It makes more sense than Mace defeating him. Also it ties in better with the story...

Perhaps you werent paying as much attention as you should?

GL stated very clearly that it was his intention to show Mace as a "bad mucha****a" able to kill Sidious.

If he bested Sidious and Yoda not, that means he apparently was a better swordsman than Yoda.

Official novelization edited by George Lucas, described how Mace outsmarted

Palps by combining his vaapad and shatterpoint abilities to revert Dark Lord's incredible speed and power against himself.

I think that pretty much ends the discussion. Mace and Kenobi owns everyone else. Mace lost becouse of unexpected instrusion, while Obi was unable to finish his beloved apprentice. But the fact is, that they bested their enemies in one-on-one duels. Yoda, Dooku and Palps are old, tired men while Ani is just a jumping jerk who gets spanked. Get used to it children.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I voted Kenobi cause he's the only one who didn't die during a lightsaber battle because of a lack of skill. It was of free will.

However, of someone not on the list, I would have to say Anakin Solo, yes definatelly him, yep. :D

You really think Obi Wan could have killed Darth Vader on the Death Star?

It looked like he was struggling to me

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

I voted Mace, but now i'm thinking Obi Wan.

Best bit of Episode 3!

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Obi Wan all the way, he would have easily defeated vader on the death star and the only reason he lost cause he sacrificed himself for the greater good.

And not only did he beat Anakin he also has the scalps of darth maul and general Grevious on his mantle....

After E3 it is certainly Mace. He spanked Palpatine easily until he run in fear. It was jerk Anakin's intrusion that caused Mace's death. Obviously you didn't watch movie with care.

Both mace and Palpatine sensed Anakin approaching... Since Palpatine was clearly excellent at manipulation i have a feeling that he lost purposefully to turn Anakin fully.

It makes more sense than Mace defeating him. Also it ties in better with the story...

Perhaps you werent paying as much attention as you should?

GL stated very clearly that it was his intention to show Mace as a "bad mucha****a" able to kill Sidious.

If he bested Sidious and Yoda not, that means he apparently was a better swordsman than Yoda.

Official novelization edited by George Lucas, described how Mace outsmarted

Palps by combining his vaapad and shatterpoint abilities to revert Dark Lord's incredible speed and power against himself.

I think that pretty much ends the discussion. Mace and Kenobi owns everyone else. Mace lost becouse of unexpected instrusion, while Obi was unable to finish his beloved apprentice. But the fact is, that they bested their enemies in one-on-one duels. Yoda, Dooku and Palps are old, tired men while Ani is just a jumping jerk who gets spanked. Get used to it children.

The problem comes in explaining how Obi got bitch-slapped by Dooku...twice. :p

manthing2.jpg

I think this thread could have been named a little better.

Who was the greatest lightsaber user ever?

USER?!?!? :p

WTF Dude?

Next time try:

In your opinion, which of the following perfected lightsaber mastery?

Samuel L. Jackson, has to be one of the coolest actors ever, and I think he brings that very well to the part of Mace Windu. And everyone knows that the Jedi are associated with Serenity, and the Sith Anger, while in my experience, a cool head and clear thinking is what prevails.

While a Jedi or Sith may find resolve and (so called strength) in such emotions, I have often found, extremes of both emotions can inhibit as much (if not more so) than strengthen a person.

Therefore as I won't reveal anything about the film in this forum, I will put my vote to Mace Windu. :)

Before ep 3 i would have said mace, but now i know its Palpatine... it was always Palpatine :ph34r:

He shames 3 of "the greatest bladesbeings of the Jedi Order" he also has...

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!

Ahahahah!! Wow, unlimited power my ass. That is the funniest thing I've heard this week. I don't know why people defend Sidious now, all he has is his cunning, that's it. His power is very limited because he killed his master before he could learn those things that really could have made him greater. He lost to Mace quite easily, but it played out well enough for him to turn Anakin.

Vader, but not the suit, before the suit. He was so badass. He could defeat Sidious duelist-wise since his form does quite well and isn't slapped around by form II like Obi-Wan's is. If Obi-Wan had not caught Anakin at a tactical disadvantage, he would have killed him, and then the emperor becoming the new leader of the empire. Unless he thought of a convincing story however, the empire would have likely fallen.

Vader all around, but only in lightsaber. As far as cunning goes, it's between Sidious and Revan.

duelist-wise since his form does quite well and isn't slapped around by form II like Obi-Wan's is. If Obi-Wan had not caught Anakin at a tactical disadvantage, he would have killed him, and then the emperor becoming the new leader of the empire. Unless he thought of a convincing story however, the empire would have likely fallen.

Vader all around, but only in lightsaber. As far as cunning goes, it's between Sidious and Revan.

But because he put Anakin at a tactical dissadvantage dosen't that make him the better swordsman.....

Not only can he defend himself but he can also attack and think about what his opponet will go and do next

Good swordsmanship if you ask me

Obi wan was able to match anakin because he knew his fighting style inside and out. he knew all of anakin's moves and at the end finally beat him by exploiting Anakin's arrogance.

..and i still think palps "lost" to mace deliberately so as to decieve anakin further.

I find it funny that we all think of Mace Windu as automatically being cool, athough when you think about it he has very lightsaber on lightsaber action.

Kissamies, nice avatar. Heh, that's what the ewoks should've been like.

"But because he put Anakin at a tactical dissadvantage dosen't that make him the better swordsman.....

Not only can he defend himself but he can also attack and think about what his opponet will go and do next

Good swordsmanship if you ask me"

It makes Obi-Wan a good fighter, not a swordsman.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!