• Eye of the Beholder 2
    • Dark Sun: Shattered Lands
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Icewind Dale
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Neverwinter Nights (for the multi)
    • Something else?

I never played games before BG, except Ultima II, III, + V, So I can't judge POR or others.

I say BG. The pace, combat, and RP were all excellent. I've been trying to reproduce the BG experience for 6 years, only BG2 came close.

Planescape is not really D&D for me, it's a different setting and the game lacked in combat, which is a major feature of D&D. If the vote was best RPG I could understand, as it is I am disappointed with PST's ascendance.

Overall? Neverwinter Nights. Afterall, it's the only D&D game to allow you play exactly like in pnp with a DM. Good job. :lol:

Strangely, when I play pen and paper D&D, attacks of opportunity seemed to be handled in a much different way. A lot of things are handled differently.

"Star Wars Episode 1 and 2 proves you wrong."

They're overrated? Consideirng all the bashing I see; I highly doubt they're overrated.

"Afterall, it's the only D&D game to allow you play exactly like in pnp WITH A DM."

Game over.

P.S. You also seem to think you know how I play pnp D&D. Myabe I my AOOs in pnp work exactly like they do in NWN. Maybe, my pnp wizards use identify exactly as they would in TOEE. Or perhaps, my pnp familairs work like they did in BG2. You simply don't know.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Overall? Neverwinter Nights. Afterall, it's the only D&D game to allow you play exactly like in pnp with a DM. Good job. :wub:

Strangely, when I play pen and paper D&D, attacks of opportunity seemed to be handled in a much different way. A lot of things are handled differently.

...thnx, Josh; 'nother opportunity ta use a BISIMG:

youwin9qw.jpg

...btw, did ya e'er save any o' these???...I canna find the "Overseer Cry" and the Gary Oldman/Not Funny ones ta add ta the collection...help a brother out, eh???... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"Afterall, it's the only D&D game to allow you play exactly like in pnp WITH A DM."

Game over.

P.S. You also seem to think you know how I play pnp D&D. Myabe I my AOOs in pnp work exactly like they do in NWN. Maybe, my pnp wizards use identify exactly as they would in TOEE. Or perhaps, my pnp familairs work like they did in BG2. You simply don't know.

Actually I was talking about my own experiences with pen and paper D&D, since you used the phrase "to allow you".

Can you explain to me exactly how AoOs work in NWN and how you resolve them in your pen and paper games?

Overall? Neverwinter Nights. Afterall, it's the only D&D game to allow you play exactly like in pnp with a DM. Good job. :)

...thnx, Josh; 'nother opportunity ta use a BISIMG:

youwin9qw.jpg

...btw, did ya e'er save any o' these???...I canna find the "Overseer Cry" and the Gary Oldman/Not Funny ones ta add ta the collection...help a brother out, eh???... :wub:

Hey, can I get the other pics? I've been searching for those :lol:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

"Can you explain to me exactly how AoOs work in NWN and how you resolve them in your pen and paper games?"

I can; but I won't as it would be meaningless to do so as it would prove nothing but give another reason for you to look down on me. Keep up the good work. :lol:

...gimme yer e-mail an' I's'll send 'em o'er, Arkan...an' if Josh comes through with the "Overseer Cry" an' the Gary Oldman/Not Funny ones, I's'll send 'em o'er too... :lol:

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

"Can you explain to me exactly how AoOs work in NWN and how you resolve them in your pen and paper games?"

I can; but I won't as it would be meaningless to do so as it would prove nothing but give another reason for you to look down on me. Keep up the good work. :lol:

Admitting that AoOs don't work in NWN like they do in your pen and paper games would probably be a good way to make me not look down on you. Alternately, thoroughly explaining how AoOs work in NWN and how they work identically in your pen and paper games would also make me not look down on you and would, in fact, humble me.

"Admitting that AoOs don't work in NWN like they do in your pen and paper games would probably be a good way to make me not look down on you. Alternately, thoroughly explaining how AoOs work in NWN and how they work identically in your pen and paper games would also make me not look down on you and would, in fact, humble me."

Let's not ignore this little fact:

That line is all that matters. Understand it then you would realize that AOO means absolutely nothing with what I'm stating. Nothing.

Next, please.

You play pnp with a DM. You can play NWN with a DM.

Game over.

Going back and forth with a real live Master Game Developer is cool and all; but it doesn't seem to get very far unless I agree 100% with said developer. :thumbsup:

You wrote that it allowed me to play exactly like I play pen and paper with a DM. If you weren't trying to make a statement about the reader, I don't think you should have phrased things in a way that addressed the reader. If you didn't mean that it was exactly the same, I don't think you should have used the word "exactly". NWN is neither exactly like my pen and paper rules experiences nor exactly like my pen and paper experiences with DMs.

This isn't my board, Volourn. I develop games, but I don't develop PC games and I don't even develop RPGs anymore. I'm here as a user, and I happen to disagree with a lot of the things you write.

"I'm here as a user, and I happen to disagree with a lot of the things you write."

Join the club. :)

Perhaps if people didn't read things literally the 'ent would be better off.

I guess I could have written: "NWN is my favorite D&D game because the experienc eis orgamsic." and I'd have to worry that everyone would actually think I have an orgasm every time I experience NWN.

R00fles!

For some reason I find that hard to believe. :thumbsup:

"Can you two just get a room? Baldur's Gate 2 is the best game. With IWD a close second. 1 an 1a. The rest, forget about it."

Such finality. You win. :thumbsup:

You wrote that it allowed me to play exactly like I play pen and paper with a DM.  If you weren't trying to make a statement about the reader, I don't think you should have phrased things in a way that addressed the reader.  If you didn't mean that it was exactly the same, I don't think you should have used the word "exactly".  NWN is neither exactly like my pen and paper rules experiences nor exactly like my pen and paper experiences with DMs.

This isn't my board, Volourn.  I develop games, but I don't develop PC games and I don't even develop RPGs anymore.  I'm here as a user, and I  happen to disagree with a lot of the things you write.

Volo...

"Afterall, it's the only D&D game to allow you play exactly like in pnp with a DM."

So Basically you disagree with Volo's use the words "you" and "exactly", since you correctly assumed this sentence addresses "your" experiences as to whether NWN is "exactly" like PnP D&D for you. Seems a little nitpicky to me Bishop.

I just assumed he meant the only game where you can play with a DM. Besides NWN not reproducing your experiences exactly, can you play as a DM? What other games can you do this in?

Best combat: Temple of Elemental Evil

Best Old Skool Title: Eye of the Beholder (PC), Warriors of the Eternal Sun (console)

Best epic adventure: BG/BG2/ToB

Best dungeon crawler: IWD

Best necrophiliac use of dead engine for one last SLAM DUNK!: IWD2

Cheers

MC

Ditto. I'd just add another rank and nomination:

Best Roleplaying in a D&D Game: Planescape: Torment

And we're all set. Thanks for playing. Good luck, cheerio, and ta-da.

NWN definitely gets an honorable mention for being basically my only real experience with being DMed and DMing, since I don't PnP. It might have gotten the top spot if it were turn-based, but let's not go there.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

POR2 destroys every other game on that list.

What are you smoking?

I didn't include POR2 because it is generally considered to be one of the worst D&D games ever - buggy, slow-motion combat, terrible design (how many ugly, endless, brown dungeons can you endure?) and for some it had a nasty bug where it would format your hard drive. A few people said it should be listed as a Virus rather than a program.

I played and finished both POR and the sequel and I have to say that the first was a joy and a revelation but the sequel was a pure slog.

NWN definitely gets an honorable mention for being basically my only real experience with being DMed and DMing, since I don't PnP. It might have gotten the top spot if it were turn-based, but let's not go there.

Planescape: Torment is what I consider as one of the best DnD BASED game. Sadly NWN is a good engine that connects all of the moder to deliver their story and design, the game it self, NWN has a totally rubbish story and design, it;s actaully pretty bad.

POR2 destroys every other game on that list.

What are you smoking?

I didn't include POR2 because it is generally considered to be one of the worst D&D games ever - buggy, slow-motion combat, terrible design (how many ugly, endless, brown dungeons can you endure?) and for some it had a nasty buggy where it would format your hard drive. A few people said it should be listed as a Virus rather than a program.

I played and finished both POR and the sequel and I have to say that the first was a joy and a revelation but the sequel was a pure slog.

BURN THE HERETIC

Planescape: Torment is what I consider as one of the best DnD BASED game. Sadly NWN is a good engine that connects all of the moder to deliver their story and design, the game it self, NWN has a totally rubbish story and design, it;s actaully pretty bad.

The OC deserves no mention. NWN was all about the toolset and the DMed mods that came out of it. With the toolset and DM client, NWN was nothing.

NOTHING.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)