The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

Useless info: The lack of an Evolution thread in which I can fake a non-christian creationist viewpoint to irritate extremist trolls is annoying me.

Useful info: Everyone pretending to be a non-christian and derailing an evolution thread into an argument over which creation story is correct is a particularly fun way to annoy and get rid of creationist trolls only interested in starting a flamewar.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Useless info: The lack of an Evolution thread in which I can fake a non-christian creationist viewpoint to irritate extremist trolls is annoying me.

Useful info: Everyone pretending to be a non-christian and derailing an evolution thread into an argument over which creation story is correct is a particularly fun way to annoy and get rid of creationist trolls only interested in starting a flamewar.

I was really laughing hard at the ALLCAPSCREATIONIST! That was hilarious; invoking the second law of thermodynamics and -- of all things -- the Coriolis effect to "prove" that the universe reqiures a god to explain it ...! (That can't be a serious argument, surely?) :-)

"Yesterday was the hottest day of the year, and today wil be hotter." BBC meteorologist (80 degrees Fahrenheit / 28 centigrade).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I was really laughing hard at the ALLCAPSCREATIONIST! That was hilarious; invoking the second law of thermodynamics and -- of all things -- the Coriolis effect to "prove" that the universe reqiures a god to explain it ...! (That can't be a serious argument, surely?) :-)

I was particularly disappointed that the thread was closed before I got to ask for the chapter and verse of the part of the Bible where it predicted Israel would be set up again. I'd be really impressed if there's a part where it says "And the Lord did look upon his people, and say verily unto them. I tellest thou, people of Israel, that after much crappy stuff doth happen to ye, and are killed in thy millions by the people calledeth the Nazi, ye shall make thy state anew on the fourteenth of the month of May, in the year of 1948, as a result of yon mandate from the being known as the league of all nations. Rejoiceth! And lo, the people did rejoiceth."

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

(not so) Useless info: You were all successfully baited by the allcapscreationist. It could have been me in disguise and it would be me laughing at your furious use of reason to counter some ludicrously random claims.

But alas, it wasn't me.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

(not so) Useless info: You were all successfully baited by the allcapscreationist. It could have been me in disguise and it would be me laughing at your furious use of reason to counter some ludicrously random claims.

But alas, it wasn't me.

Well, that was my thoughts on it, I mean it was ludicrous to scream in ALLCAPS that we were all going to die in flames ... I don't know too many fundamentalists that believe in that nonsense. That's more an ironic stab at the fundamentalists than the Logical Postivists.

I really thought it was Dill pulling our collective legs.

There are now dozens of Half-Life 2 mods to play.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

if(chitchat_on_a_controversial_topic==too_much && chitchat_on_a_controversial_topic>uselessinfo)

{

moreinfoneeded=1;

cout<<"This is a valid statement in C++, if all the variables actually exist within the confines of the source code"<<endl;

}

:o

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

But take comfort in the fact that the ribs on the pressure hull of a submarine grants the ability to go 33% deeper than with an unribbed hull :o

Haha, I saw the exact same program, with the two barrels in a pressure chamber :)

Useless info: Me and Kaftan both have Discovery channel (I think it was on that channel).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did you see when that sonar operator made funny noises trying to mimic all kinds of undersea sounds? I liked his battleship impression. :lol:

useless fact: The Discovery channel is part of the basic cable and is thus available to the majority of Swedes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My boss was telling us he heard that the average adult laughs 5 times a day.

I find that incredibly sad. I'm WAY above average there.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

My boss was telling us he heard that the average adult laughs 5 times a day.

I find that incredibly sad. I'm WAY above average there.

Well, one in six people have some sort of mental illness, including depression which has the most sufferers, who also tend to be more intelligent and/or talented: Van Gogh, Churchill, every single comic, ever (and it also affects 50% of women at some point in their life).

One in ten have been abused as a child in some way (physically or sexually).

We live in a sad society, where rich people get richer at the expense of poorer people.

What did Eddie Murphy say? If poo was worth something then poor people would be born without arseholes. (I've cleaned that up a bit.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

completely useless info:

monokrom.gif

well, almost.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Useful info: drink lots of water before you pass out. Also, try to hit something soft when you do. :D

Useless info: The missing members of the board are missing because when the board was brand new, it had some kind of failure (not sure if it was software or hardware) and the forums were set back a week or so (lots of threads and members just disappeared). It turned out the members were actually still here, but the member counter had been reset to a week before. That's why there's a discrepancy.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Our block just experienced a five minute black out (long enough for me to stagger downstairs in the dark to fish out my torch to have all the power come back on :shifty: ) after two slight brown-outs seconds before. And now my power board with built-in spike and surge protection has the orange "Earthed" light on but the green "protected" light is not ... dang!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT