The useless information thread!

Rosbjerg

Useless information: It'd be far more interesting to learn that song by heart than revise for my exams...  :wub:

P.S. I care not that Rutherfordium has a short half-life... such things rarely matter...  :devil:

"The candle that burns twice as bright, lasts for half as long.", or

"Better to burn out, than to fade away."? :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Its Lion-O... methinks Archmonarch needs to brush up on his/her cool cartoon knowledge... :wub:"

And Mr. Metadigital sir, I was perhaps thinking more along the lines of "Better to burn out, than to fade away." than "The candle that burns twice as bright, lasts for half as long." :devil:

Oh crap, need to mention something useless... ermm... : A shrimp's heart is in its head (honest, I got it off a penguin wrapper so its got to be true) :D

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Its Lion-O... methinks Archmonarch needs to brush up on his/her cool cartoon knowledge...  :wub:"

And Mr. Metadigital sir, I was perhaps thinking more along the lines of "Better to burn out, than to fade away." than "The candle that burns twice as bright, lasts for half as long."  :devil:

Oh crap, need to mention something useless... ermm... : A shrimp's heart is in its head (honest, I got it off a penguin wrapper so its got to be true)  :D

Wow, two bits of trivia! Penguin wrappers have trivia on them! Bonza!

Fibonacci's real name was Leonardo Pisano, but he liked to use the name "Bigollo", which may mean good-for-nothing or a traveller in the Tuscan dialect.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow... in the 3 weeks that I haven't checked this thread out, it's gone from 20 pages to almost 40. :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Oh crap, need to mention something useless... ermm... : A shrimp's heart is in its head (honest, I got it off a penguin wrapper so its got to be true)  :D

Fibonacci's real name was Leonardo Pisano, but he liked to use the name "Bigollo", which may mean good-for-nothing or a traveller in the Tuscan dialect.

And it means basically the same thing in English! >_<

:ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

Its Lion-O... methinks Archmonarch needs to brush up on his/her cool cartoon knowledge...  >_<"

DL

I was never that big a fan of Thundercats. I only saw a few eps and remember those vaguely. Also, feel free to call me Arch. Its quicker and most of the oldies do, if not some other teasing nickname I can't currently remember.

Anyway, as for useless trivia, John Wilkes Booth's brother once saved the life of Abraham Lincoln's son. Irony.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

The phrase "Let them eat cake" was not said by Marie Antoinette, and whoever it was actually said by, it is nowhere near as naive as it appears to a modern reader. At the time in France, in order to ensure that Bakers did not just bake cakes for the rich and to make sure that they baked bread for the poor to buy, there was a law that said that should a baker run out of regular bread, he had to sell his sweetbreads for the same price as his usual bread. Thus, at the time it may have been said, the phrase "Let them eat cake" would have been a perfectly valid response to the comment that the poor had no bread to eat.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Ok, I'll call you Arch ;) I suppose there's no shame in admitting to have not watched such great cartoons as Thundercats >_<

Useless Information: I may have caused a small resurrection of old threads :blink:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

DL

I must disqualify that entry, as it tells us that if we rip off a shrimp's head before we eat it, we are not eating its heart. Errm, ok, so it isn't all that useful after all, but someone might care...

Also, someone already has apparently found it useful to learn there's trivia on penguin wrappers...

And that ManUre didn't win anything this year is not useless either! It spreads joy all over this planet. Well, a good laugh anyway.

Now for something useless.. let's see... Oh, I've forgotten my medication today.

Less chatter more useless information ... :p

AotS = Annals of the Sandbox

FLoSD.ObE = "Seek and ye shall find"

Um now on topic ...

The phrase "Often a bridesmaid but never a bride" actually comes from an advertisement for Listerine mouthwash.  The text was written by Milton Feasley and first appeared in 1925.  The advertisement was so successful that it ran for more than ten years.

Useless Information

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

2004-6-26-china-army.jpg

It is a frequent practise in the chinese army to have the officer ritualisticly wipe the mens noses right before they go into battle. This practise hails from the ancient Qing dynasty and is believed to be a great boost in both hygiene and morale.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

K

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "