TSL Restoration Project: Work in Progress

Occasional blonde, sure. Prefer pink or purple, but I've been blonde for the past few months since I'm going to have to head out into the Real World and find a Real Job soon and they tend to complain about unconvential hair colors. I hate the Real World, except for the fact that yes, it has non-dairy coffee creamers (powder form, please).

We're restoring as much as possible. There are sections where we've had to add and edit stuff because not everything's there, but we can make it work by using droids or alien V/Os or, ah, well, datapads if it comes to that. And yes, there are sections where we can't make it work at all because there's simply not enough v/o.

For example, we can't restore

the Atris-as-Traya ending because there's only a few lines for that. Sadly, she also has a few lines for the party confrontation scene that Kreia-as-Traya doesn't, so we had to, for example, cut up Kreia's line to Handmaiden so that it applies to Disciple - that is, she still delivers the full line to Handmaiden, but now she actually says something to Di, too. Fun. Anyway, the unused stuff is just going to hang out in the game folders, never to be used, I guess, except maybe for web remixes and fanfic and whatnot.

The Droid Planet was

originally supposed to be where Lonna Vash was found, among a few other things. It won't be in this version of the Restoration, at least.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

We try to stick to these requirements:

1) If the character(s) involved have a known voice (ie were voiced at any point during K1 or K2) and do not have full VO for the cut content then the content WILL NOT be restored.

2) If areas described or required within the cut content are not present then the content WILL NOT be restored.

3) If the cut content is deemed to be too incomplete or unreconcilable with the current and/or restored plot then the content WILL NOT be restored.

4) If dialogue can be edited to be (or already is) reconcilable with the current and/or restored plot then the content WILL likely be added.

5) All cut content associated with M4-78 WILL NOT be restored.

EDIT:

Examples:

1) Dustil - Had some content cut on Korriban but since there's no VO, he won't be restored. Not to mention the fact that you'd be forced to kill him and Carth wouldn't have anything to say about it o:)

2) Yima - Bay Control officer on Telos had a quest where you would weed out a corrupt TSF member dipping his hands in the Czerka cookie jar. Unfortunately it requires a second set of bays. Which don't exist.

3) See #5

4) A conversation on a planet to be named later, which JD found, and might even voice :)

5) ...'Nuff said

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Do the dialogues not work without voice overs? We couldn't read it  like how Baldur's gate had the first sentances voiced and then the rest was just text?

They do. However we all agreed going in that we felt uncomfortable mixing VO'd and non-VO'd lines, and decided to only restore the content that was or could be VO'd. In addition this helps us meet our deadline of releasing the mod "before we're dead." o:)

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Mira has literally no romance options...trust me; she was the first one I checked for that :lol:.  Handmaiden's got nothing to restore as well...when cuts are made generally the first thing to go is non-plot-essential elements.  In this case that means the romance quests :)

So with the Job Thread over at the official forums up once again, and knowing you all as we do, we figured that at least 100 of you would try different combinations of "team" and "gizka" hoping to stumble upon the new site.  We thought we'd save you the trouble.  It's not up yet; we'll shout when it is (though we might be beaten to punch by those of you that are going to be checking this every minute and a half :lol: )

Damn those Lucasarts b*****ds, they ever rush a game like that i'll personally go down to their central H.Q kick their a***s. :angry:

hello

appreciate all the work in the restoration project : good luk with your efforts

also i had a suggestion: te betrayals in malchor 5 only involve one characters (handmaiden or atton turning of u have influence with disciple/visas)

wot about if u influence with handmaiden then visas (who probly wont turn and attack handmaidene) she sacirfices herself on ravager without exiles input. and she says more about how it was worthy for you to have even glanced in her direction (normally she says it if you are dark and sacrifice her)

tacked

and the scenes with atton (attacked by sion/ walk away with him) should appear if u have influence woth him not disciple

hello

appreciate all the work in the restoration project : good luk with your efforts

also i had a suggestion: te betrayals in malchor 5 only involve one characters (handmaiden or atton turning of u have influence with disciple/visas)

wot about if u influence with handmaiden then visas (who probly wont turn and attack handmaidene) she sacirfices herself on ravager without exiles input. and she says more about how it was worthy for you to have even glanced in her direction (normally she says it if you are dark and sacrifice her)

tacked

and the scenes with atton (attacked by sion/ walk away with him) should appear if u have influence woth him not disciple

I really don't think that the team is capable of doing that. They only put in stuff that has been cut and exists in the files. I don't think they have anything that wasn't in the files in the first place except for fixes.

Keep comments here civil, please, whether they're towards LucasArts or anyone else. Thanks.

sorry just dont like companies like lucasarts that rush their games just to make a quick buck, its just not why you make a game for that purpose. :">

There was a good article in this months PC Format regarding the whole issue of rushed film-tie-in titles and the reasons for it.

It is not necessarily the developers' (or the publishers') fault, as they have a dilemma to deal with, after they are given only about a year to develop the game to tie in with the film release, and at release, the film has an enormous budget for marketing, which the game can take advantage of ... if the dev time is not sufficient to complete the game (a more and more common occurence, as the games become more and more complex), so they must either:

1. release an unfinished game and catch the marketing wave, or

2. wait till it's finished, releasing a game that might be perceived as "stale" because the marketing has come and gone.

So the fault is the initial timetable set out when the film is announced; there is just too little time given to a dev to produce the tittle.

:huh:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't think KotOR or KotOR 2 would have been STALE if they had been released even 6 months late. I mean, not trying to compair them, but how long had HL2 been delayed? It's done pretty damn fine. If LA and Obsidian would have delayed K2 a little while, I would have been more than happy to wait, I would have had so much respect that they were willing to delay to fix the fact that the "live update" part was broken and to actually do the POLISHING. They released the beta, they didn't even get to polish for more than most likelly a week! Pushing TSL a month early was the stupidiest more I've ever seen, people buy more things after christmas then before anyway, stupid move, yeashe, They could ahve avoided most, maybe even all of this.

well, they may, MAY make kotor3, i mean its possible since they think they've had good profits from it, plus it would leave too many holes like who&where are the True Sith, what happened to Revan&Exile, the possibilities are endless, but for now on lets not derail the thread the, Green Dragon might be watching.

I don't think KotOR or KotOR 2 would have been STALE if they had been released even 6 months late. I mean, not trying to compair them, but how long had HL2 been delayed? It's done pretty damn fine. If LA and Obsidian would have delayed K2 a little while, I would have been more than happy to wait, I would have had so much respect that they were willing to delay to fix the fact that the "live update" part was broken and to actually do the POLISHING. They released the beta, they didn't even get to polish for more than most likelly a week! Pushing TSL a month early was the stupidiest more I've ever seen, people buy more things after christmas then before anyway, stupid move, yeashe, They could ahve avoided most, maybe even all of this.

It's a business call; marketing and return on investment rate higher than artistic integrity. (I don't make the rules. :shifty: )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have a question about Aurora's rebalance mod on the downloads page. Does this mod rebalance the game as it SHOULD have been? Or is it something you just came up with to try and balance the game more?

I'm kind of anal about the ruleset. I want it to be as close to the original TSR version of the ruleset and if this mod makes it more true to how the system is SUPPOSED to be then I'll deffinitly grab it.