Are you a tragic Star Wars nerd?

Well?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Nerd? That's not a canon race, is it?
    • What? No, of course not *nervous twitch*
    • No.

Revan Si-Darlo is standing over a great drop with no apparent purpose standing back, hoping Vader won't kill him who just sliced off his hand.

Vader: No, Revan. You are a Star Wars nerd...

Revan's face is filled with horror and pain.

Revn: Nooooooo! It isn't possible!

Vader: Look into your feelings, Revan, you know it to be true!

Revan's face feels with realization and horror at the same time. Vader thrusts his fist out and clenches it with power.

Vader: Join me, Revan, and we can rule the galaxy as kick@$$ Sith Lord and nerd!

Revan shakes his head and looks down at the drop. Then, rather than turning to the dark side and joining Vader despite learning that they share in nerdiness he leaps from the scaffolding and tumbles down to what-should-be-his-death but he survives anyway for plot convenience.

etc, etc, etc...

Actually, it all depends what you call a Star Wars nerd. If you ask if I love Star Wars, then yes, I do love it. I love the world, the setting, the action-paced adventures.

However, if you ask if I would buy something just because it was in the Star Wars universe than no. I'm not like that. I buy things I think I'll enjoy.

I'm the kind of guy that people call preppy and is popular but i have one weakness Star Wars and i dont care.

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

I like the movies, but only own the OT in the old VHS format. I own some games, but not all of them. I wasted some money in the Thrawn trilogy and swore never to make that mistake again. I play the d20 from time to time. I like the new comics and loathe the old ones. I guess all of that makes me a nerd, but I'm no fanatic.

And of course, I'm buying LEGO

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

As I do.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The TotJ fundamentalist considers me a nerd. Now THAT is hilarious.

I though Darth was refering to Hades who, as you pointed out in the post above his, has yet to admit his nerd-dom to himself...but I could also have mis-understood what YOU were talking about there...in which case you could probobly ignore me...

There are fans and there are nerds.

I would define nerd in this case as one who obsesses over technical details of a universe that is the product of somebody elses imagination and claims to have superior knowledge of this "universe" and then struts about assuming he or she is better than others due to this so called knowledge.

I hope that makes it clear...... <_<

Well...

If I would of answered this question yesterday... I would have said, "Nope, not a star wars fan. But I do love Kotor."

But today...

I bought the Trilogy...

Just to see what all the hype was about...

And...

I'm watching it for the first time...

And...

I kind of like it... ; ;

Nur Ab Sal! I haven't seen u since the old days of this forum, back in the summer time....old skool forum whores right there haha....

anyways I'm bit of a star wars geek, I like the jedi vs. Sith stuff...but thats it...and in general, I'm not a fan of any other type of Sci-fi....except the old twiligh zones but do they count? haha...they're on the sci-fi channel....

but also I'm like palpatine...noone of my friends know I like star wars haha so I have two identities..........Muahahawhahahaaaa

Star Wars was kindof the first thing I got into as a kid. I have a scar above my right eye from a "reinactment" of the ESB dual my friend and I took great pains in presenting as authentic as possible. I was about as big a "nerd" as one could be while also wanting to be a ninja, and perhap Fingolfin pretty bad. Then oneday I stumbled across the "EU" and about 20 something books and comics later my star wars nerdness was in complete remission. Then Kotor happened and I was quickly drawn in again, but luckily Kotor 2 happen and was able to once again free myself of the Force's terrible hold. I live a quite simple life now and fear the day something competent is released again in the Star Wars universe and pray everyday I am not sucked in again. Luckily as long as George Lucas values money above all else and "bottom feeding leeches" like Kevin Anderson are directing the EU, I have little to fear.

BTW Behold as both Frank Hubert and Anderson combine their talents in an attempt to prosper off his dead father's vision as it is sure to suck, Bigtime.

I guess next John Lennon's son will rewrite all his father's work for good measure

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Nur Ab Sal! I haven't seen u since the old days of this forum, back in the summer time....old skool forum whores right there haha....

It was a great time! A pity that these boards deteriorated since then. :'(

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Star Wars was kindof the first thing I got into as a kid. I have a scar above my right eye from a "reinactment" of the ESB dual my friend and I took great pains in presenting as authentic as possible. I was about as big a "nerd" as one could be while also wanting to be a ninja, and perhap Fingolfin pretty bad. Then oneday I stumbled across the "EU" and about 20 something books and comics later my star wars nerdness was in complete remission. Then Kotor happened and I was quickly drawn in again, but luckily Kotor 2 happen and was able to once again free myself of the Force's terrible hold. I live a quite simple life now and fear the day something competent is released again in the Star Wars universe and pray everyday I am not sucked in again. Luckily as long as George Lucas values money above all else and "bottom feeding leeches" like Kevin Anderson are directing the EU, I have little to fear.

BTW Behold as both Frank Hubert and Anderson combine their talents in an attempt to prosper off his dead father's vision as it is sure to suck, Bigtime.

I guess next John Lennon's son will rewrite all his father's work for good measure

I think this is the longest post you ever made Laozi. I could be wrong but I'm too lazy to make two clicks with the mouse to find out.

And Nur Ab Sal....did you get nicer? I remember you being a lot meaner. :(