UH OHH! MAUL IS COMING AGAIN!!

http://aaronmonse.com/images/misc/maul.jpg

Sigh...That is from an EP3 sketchbook or some-such...Just released...Appearently, this is the background:

Maul somehow intercepts Obee Juan Kanobee during his delivery of Luke to Tattooine from wherever our young Queen gives birth...

All I can say is: "ANTI CLIMATIC"!!

This movie was meant to be about OBI AND ANNIE, *NOT* ABOUT THAT HORN-HEADED PRICK! >_<>_<

I mean, ****, hackin' him in half then shoving him down an endless shaft of pure energy was not enough?! He would've been EVAPORATED before he hit the bottom!

http://aaronmonse.com/images/misc/maul.jpg

Sigh...That is from an EP3 sketchbook or some-such...Just released...Appearently, this is the background:

Maul somehow intercepts Obee Juan Kanobee during his delivery of Luke to Tattooine from wherever our young Queen gives birth...

All I can say is: "ANTI CLIMATIC"!!

This movie was meant to be about OBI AND ANNIE, *NOT* ABOUT THAT HORN-HEADED PRICK!  >_<  >_<

I mean, ****, hackin' him in half then shoving him down an endless shaft of pure energy was not enough?! He would've been EVAPORATED before he hit the bottom!

Obi-Wan Kenobi, you mean? This is obviously fake. I've read the transcripts of Ep3, I've seen the scene-by-scene production stills. Nothing like that happens in the movie at all. It's best to take things with a huge grain of salt, my friend. ;)

that is sweet id like to see mandalor in k3 except 85% robotic after being blown up or something

I can do that in K2, if you wish...However, someone else would need to do the graphics for Candy...I could do the scripting support however...

Nice idea, I'll be presenting it to some 3D wizard friends of mine, see if they agree on it...I'm trying to port the Grevious Elite Guards from Republic Commando to perform the same way by HK-47 and the HK-50's...After all, HK-47 *IS* the Original that Grevious was based upon (or not, but Grevious *IS* an HK unit, and so are his personal guards)...

Basically I am giving the HK's hand-to-hand and melee abilities, and some special plasma-energy Pikes to use against those pesky Jedi/Sith Schwartz-sticks >_<

Fan Fiction - nothing more.

Perhaps >_<

This was posted at the XWAU boards, the same replies were mentioned there, for the most part...

Still, I think it would have been nice to see Obi-Wan's entry to the world that water abandoned get denied temporarily by his old nemesis of old :D

I'm confused; the tone of your original post indicated that you were less than enthused with the idea of Maul returning for Episode III. Now you wish it were true? >_<

Fan Fiction - nothing more.

Perhaps >_<

This was posted at the XWAU boards, the same replies were mentioned there, for the most part...

Still, I think it would have been nice to see Obi-Wan's entry to the world that water abandoned get denied temporarily by his old nemesis of old :D

I'm confused; the tone of your original post indicated that you were less than enthused with the idea of Maul returning for Episode III. Now you wish it were true? >_<

Well, I am somewhat torn...Maul was unquestionably the most bad-ass Jedi/Sith ever to be made...Palpidious was just a mere weakling taught by some pissy-ass Verpine Jedi Master's Holocron, Vader was his little beyotch, and as for the "Great Sith Lords", well, Ulic was a despot follower of Exar, who kills Palpidious's master, and as for Nomi and the rest of that dubious group...Pah! They are mere children playing at shadows from a thousand years past!!

We all know who the *REAL* Sith Force Masters are, Marka, Ajunta, Tulak, Freedon, and those original Sith Lords....The people who came after that were mere children, taught by little holograms of so-called "Jedi Masters" who thought that their "Knowledge" was good enough to train future Jedi to be as powerful as the Originals who came initially...

Pah! Those "Light Jedi Masters of Peace and Justice" are nothing more than clowns playing with toys and thinking holograms can convey the *REAL* teachings of the Jedi Order...Those blasted holograms ended up creating the most vile, violent brutes that the galaxy had ever seen, not even the *REAL* Sith Lords were such violence-prone brutes as the ones who came after!

Palpidious was a joke, and always will be....He is nothing more than a distant echo of the Ancient Sith Holocrons from 3,500 years earlier than his own life was! He was playing at shadows, just like Revan and Exile do...

Anyway...Back to Maul...Maul was unique in that he was bad-ass not only because he LOOKS bad-ass, but because his personality *AND* his combat techniques are SECOND TO NONE! I don't think *ANY* Jedi or Sith since possibly the Ulic/Exar days *EVER* managed to match Maul's level of Schwartz-stick-isim :D

Pah, Revan and Exile...Mere playthings....They deserved their sad, pathetic fates!

The Jedi Order, they DESERVED to have all of their people turn against the teachings held within the Holocrons of all the dead "Jedi Masters" who died during the Exar days!

They were lucky they managed to hold onto some mere shred of dignity after what they did to themselves, they opened the EU equivelant of Pandora's Box by making the Holocrons, *THAT* was the true lesson behind Atris and Kreia and Trayus Academy!

Anyway, Maul is possibly the BEST Schwartz-stick Master since Tulak Hord...If you can prove me wrong, by another method OTHER than citing his overconfidence, then please, have at me..:D

I love Darth Maul

Well, that may be all well and good, but I would argue that Palpatine's goals were never to cater to the true teachings of the Sith, rather to do exactly as he did: form the Galactic Empire and rule over everything. I don't see Palps in the same way as I see Revan or Malak, Nihilus, Sion, Traya, etc. They were SITH Lords, and because the Original Trilogy never once mentioned the word "Sith" I believe that Palpatine never intended to be a Sith Lord in the same way as those others mentioned did. He had his own unique plans for galactic domination and it had very little to do with the fact that he was a Force user. So in that, I would not place him in the same category...nor mock him for his "lack of vision" in regards to the Sith teachings.

I love Darth Maul

Well, that may be all well and good, but I would argue that Palpatine's goals were never to cater to the true teachings of the Sith, rather to do exactly as he did: form the Galactic Empire and rule over everything. I don't see Palps in the same way as I see Revan or Malak, Nihilus, Sion, Traya, etc. They were SITH Lords, and because the Original Trilogy never once mentioned the word "Sith" I believe that Palpatine never intended to be a Sith Lord in the same way as those others mentioned did. He had his own unique plans for galactic domination and it had very little to do with the fact that he was a Force user. So in that, I would not place him in the same category...nor mock him for his "lack of vision" in regards to the Sith teachings.

Oh, you beleive that, do you, now...? My, what an amusing Jedi specimen you are :D

All shall be revealed in EP3...Just wait...George is going to make Palpidious pull all the Sith skeletons out of his closet, and put the Classic trilogy to rest once and for all...That has been his plan all along, to put to rest *EVERY* Classic Trilogy fan-debate that has been made since '77...

No...I very much beleive that Palpidious's connection to the Sith will be shown, in one form or another...Yes, he wanted his Galactic Star Empire, but he wanted it for much the same reasons as all the evil Jedi wanna-be's in the galaxy since the days of Ragnos have wanted such armies...

You cannot try to deny the fact that Palpidious wanted his Empire to rise up and replace the Republic once and for all, thereby making REBORN the Sith Empire of thousands of years past...>_<

Tell me that all the Stupid Destroyers in the Sith Empire since the dawn of time were a mere co-incidence, and that Palpidious's TOTAL INSATIABLE NEED to possess a mega-fleet of those dagger-head warships was not his goal, along with the reformation of the Sith Empire, disguised as the Galactic Star Empire that "legitimately" replaced the Galactic Republic that stood for 30,000 years :D

The problem with Darth Maul is that the actor who played him, Ray Park, is an extremely talented martial artist.

If you compare the duel between Maul, Obiwan and Quigon, to Tyrannus, Anakin and Obiwan, the former is much faster and intricate. This is largely due to Ray Park's participation in the fighting choreography methinks. Sure there are documentaries with the staff of SW saying how great the actors pull off the lightsaber fighting and they do, but Ray Park has been training all his life and it really shows in how he moves. Let's face it even though Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson did a great job in duel of the fates, you could tell that Park was the center of the action and the other two actors were just working off him.

I think this gave Maul the image of being more powerful than he actually is forcewise. Even though Anakin is just repeating a spin and back with the two sabers in a set pattern in his duel with Dooku, he is the Chosen One and Maul probably would probably fall to him. Obi-wan too, is an important character forcewise and would never fall to Maul...even though he seems to actually move slower in AoTC than in TPM.

The duel between Anakin and Obiwan seems to be shaping up nicely however, and you can tell Hayden Christensen(sp?) and Ewan McGregor put a lot of effort into perfecting their movements. Good job.

In the picture....Darth Maul's legs look like General Grevious's legs. A possible link between the two? If you watch the Clone Wars series Vol 1, they do a close up of Grevious and he obviously has organic eyes. Seems to me he used to be something other than a droid.

The problem with Darth Maul is that the actor who played him, Ray Park, is an extremely talented martial artist.

If you compare the duel between Maul, Obiwan and Quigon, to Tyrannus, Anakin and Obiwan, the former is much faster and intricate. This is largely due to Ray Park's participation in the fighting choreography methinks. Sure there are documentaries with the staff of SW saying how great the actors pull off the lightsaber fighting and they do, but Ray Park has been training all his life and it really shows in how he moves. Let's face it even though Ewan Mcgregor and Liam Neeson did a great job in duel of the fates, you could tell that Park was the center of the action and the other two actors were just working off him.

I think this gave Maul the image of being more powerful than he actually is forcewise. Even though Anakin is just repeating a spin and back with the two sabers in a set pattern in his duel with Dooku, he is the Chosen One and Maul probably would probably fall to him. Obi-wan too, is an important character forcewise and would never fall to Maul...even though he seems to actually move slower in AoTC than in TPM.

The duel between Anakin and Obiwan seems to be shaping up nicely however, and you can tell Hayden Christensen(sp?) and Ewan McGregor put a lot of effort into perfecting their movements. Good job.

Well, you see, I am somewhat like Parks in my own techniques...So, ultimately, that is yet another reason why I like him better than the others...

Excuse me while I say the following about Annie:

"I AM QUEEN OF THE WORLD!!" *Standing on bow of Star Destroyer with his little closet hoe behind him*

Come on, do NOT get me started on how L A M E Annie is in martial arts, every time he tries to fight, it makes me want to put a blaster to my temple and pull the trigger...

Ewan is much the same as Annie, they both use the same bull**** styles, and niether has any concept of what REAL martial arts mastery IS, WAS, OR EVER WILL BE...

They are AMERICAN MA wanna-be's, and as such, are limited in what they are able to do...

Granted, I'm US too, but unlike Annie and Obi, I have spent my entire life perfecting what I can do with swordsmanship...I don't just do the Asian arts, I also do Fencing as well, so I understand all-too-well what they had Pooku doing in EP2, but that last war with Yoda...Oh man, if they call THAT Fencing, give me a loaded blaster right now...

Anyway, I'm not trying to say they need better and/or more experienced fighters working at Lucasfilm (not like they could hire us even if they asked, hehehe...We'd demand far more than monetary compensation, at least I would >_<), what I am saying, however, is that they need to get a *REAL* Master in there to train these people in how to do things properly without making the whole thing come off as an over-grown circus show all the time.

That whole situation with Jango and Obi...Please! That was the most faked fight in history...I mean, Obi just grabs onto a METAL CABLE, and slides down it with his bare hands, and his hands don't get ripped apart?? The last time I saw someone try that technique, his hand was burned off from the friction :blink:

I know, EP3 isn't EP2, but I don't hold out a lot of hope, because to my knowledge, whatever "Master" they have training the actors to do things now, has either not changed from EP2, or they got someone different who really isn't any different at all.

Asides from all of this, EP3 is going to entirely SQUELCH the EU continuity, that fact alone makes me ready to start throttling George over the fence, if you know what I mean :D

In the picture....Darth Maul's legs look like General Grevious's legs.  A possible link between the two?  If you watch the Clone Wars series Vol 1, they do a close up of Grevious and he obviously has organic eyes.  Seems to me he used to be something other than a droid.

I think Grievious is Sifo-Dyas.

Hahaha...WILL THE REAL SITH UNDER DA ARMOR PLEAZE STAND UP?! :D

Well, you see, I am somewhat like Parks in my own techniques...So, ultimately, that is yet another reason why I like him better than the others...

"I AM QUEEN OF THE WORLD!!" *Standing on bow of Star Destroyer with his little closet hoe behind him*

Come on, do NOT get me started on how L A M E Annie is in martial arts, every time he tries to fight, it makes me want to put a blaster to my temple and pull the trigger...

Ewan is much the same as Annie, they both use the same bull**** styles, and niether has any concept of what REAL martial arts mastery IS, WAS, OR EVER WILL BE...

They are AMERICAN MA wanna-be's, and as such, are limited in what they are able to do...

Granted, I'm US too, but unlike Annie and Obi, I have spent my entire life perfecting what I can do with swordsmanship...I don't just do the Asian arts, I also do Fencing as well, so I understand all-too-well what they had Pooku doing in EP2, but that last war with Yoda...Oh man, if they call THAT Fencing, give me a loaded blaster right now...

Anyway, I'm not trying to say they need better and/or more experienced fighters working at Lucasfilm (not like they could hire us even if they asked, hehehe...We'd demand far more than monetary compensation, at least I would :devil:), what I am saying, however, is that they need to get a *REAL* Master in there to train these people in how to do things properly without making the whole thing come off as an over-grown circus show all the time.

That whole situation with Jango and Obi...Please! That was the most faked fight in history...I mean, Obi just grabs onto a METAL CABLE, and slides down it with his bare hands, and his hands don't get ripped apart?? The last time I saw someone try that technique, his hand was burned off from the friction :p

I know, EP3 isn't EP2, but I don't hold out a lot of hope, because to my knowledge, whatever "Master" they have training the actors to do things now, has either not changed from EP2, or they got someone different who really isn't any different at all.

Asides from all of this, EP3 is going to entirely SQUELCH the EU continuity, that fact alone makes me ready to start throttling George over the fence, if you know what I mean :D

Lighten up. Of course movie fights aren't going to mirror real life fights. The important thing in the movies is to make things flashy and cool to look at. That's why jumping spinning hook kicks hit with an uncanny precision and weapons are twirled around with reckless abandon.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say they need better and/or more experienced fighters working at Lucasfilm (not like they could hire us even if they asked, hehehe...We'd demand far more than monetary compensation, at least I would :lol:), what I am saying, however, is that they need to get a *REAL* Master in there to train these people in how to do things properly without making the whole thing come off as an over-grown circus show all the time.

That whole situation with Jango and Obi...Please! That was the most faked fight in history...I mean, Obi just grabs onto a METAL CABLE, and slides down it with his bare hands, and his hands don't get ripped apart?? The last time I saw someone try that technique, his hand was burned off from the friction ;)

Lighten up. Of course movie fights aren't going to mirror real life fights. The important thing in the movies is to make things flashy and cool to look at. That's why jumping spinning hook kicks hit with an uncanny precision and weapons are twirled around with reckless abandon.

Pah! I didn't see Maul doing any of that crap during his fighting...;)

He was very precise...Very few of his movements were sloppy, where Obi and Qui-Gon were making some bigtime mistakes...It especially showed with Qui-Gon's lazy fighting style...He tired himself out by being sloppy as he was...;)

*Pets everyone* Calm...

Meh...movie fights are for entertainment, I was entertained by the fight sequences no matter how fake they are..if you dont like them dont watch the movie? O_o. It's not like the original star wars movies were ultra realistic in their fights...so maybe star wars just has cruder fighting styles? You just cant base something fake off of something real...especially something like star wars.

And IMHO, if you can get worked up over star wars you need maybe a vacation? :rolleyes:

Thread Pruned: Could we try to stay on topic and not bait one another? Otherwise, I'll just get lazy and use some good old 'power-over' approaches ... :rolleyes:

FLoSD.OBE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

*Pets everyone* Calm...

Meh...movie fights are for entertainment, I was entertained by the fight sequences no matter how fake they are..if you dont like them dont watch the movie? O_o.  It's not like the original star wars movies were ultra realistic in their fights...so maybe star wars just has cruder fighting styles? You just cant base something fake off of something real...especially something like star wars.

And IMHO, if you can get worked up over star wars you need maybe a vacation?  :rolleyes:

That is what everyone keeps telling me, but I am unemployed and I refuse to go on vacation because I want to finish my mod projects for XWA and K2 :p