Am I the only who thought...

Guest MacleodCorp

I guess this was a subjective topic. I will reframe from making a topic based completly on subjective material!

Yeah, you have to take into consideration the fact that everyone's opinions are varied over what was memorable or "burned into the mind".

In Kotor I, for me, the most memorable things were:

- Malak bombing Taris

- Malak bombing Dantooine

- Having to kill Jolee and Juhani

- Defeating Malak

(Note: The Revan revelation was unwillingly spoiled for me by some friends, so I did not get the opportunity to experience that discovery.)

In Kotor II:

- Waking up in a kolto tank to discover that someone is trying to kill you

- The Harbinger docking at the Peragus mining facility with Sion onboard

- The exchange between the Exile and Atris in the Telos Academy

- Charging Queen Talia's palace to save her from General Vaklu

- The meeting with the "Jedi Masters" on Dantooine

- Facing Nihilus

- Facing Sion (this was one really interesting with his "You are beautiful to me" line, totally added a new dimension on a character that at first appeared very straightforward and brutish.)

- Facing Kreia on Malachor V

But both games were extremely enjoyable for me, and I can't choose one over the other.

I guess this was a subjective topic. I will reframe from making a topic based completly on subjective material!

Most things are subjective - and it can make for really good discussion, providing you can accept that people are always going to disagree with you :D I personally like sharing opinions and being reminded of good parts I liked, or bits I hated.

I have to add, I wish KotOR2 had had some of the great beasts KotOR1 did - the Krayt dragon and the really huge Rancor on Taris were both extremely cool scenes.

Onthe subject of planets I have to agree to a point that the planets where of K2 seemed to be all hype especially what happen on Korriban. Dxum seemed to be the only real exception, I really liked the "split" level thing and wished the game had done more of that. On the other hand Onderon was horrible, it seemed to take about five minutes to get everything done between ambushes and really had wish they'd written it better, I really expected more from Obsidian in these cases.

As far as memoriable moments in K2, thats just it, most of mine are like this: Beating Nihilis with two critical strikes being annoyed that in the whole game he spent a total of 5 minutes actually doing anything. Atris: No real info here, "Oh, I have to go to Malachor, what a surprise its only been mentioned about 50 times during the game."

Malachor, good idea having me build up the charactes up to now and only letting me use Mira, who the first time was the last character I got and didn't even bother turning her to a Jedi, and the Bao Dur's droid, something that the only time I realized he was around was when there'd be a dialogue scene and he'd be stuck inside of Bao Durs head, great job! And then there's Kreia and the three dancing lightsabers, maybe the lamest ending they could have possible conceived. This was actually worse then in the end of the Throne of Bhaal expansion when the "Ravanger" just before the ending of the game summoned up a bunch of enchanted blades during the battle. If nothing else show a little originality

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ok, I'm going to start with KOTORI , than II.

Taris: a bit cool at first but takes way too long if you want to do everything there possible. (Which you should seeing as how you can't go back)

Dantooine: Better than Taris but you have to do too many things before you can search the ruins.

Wookie homeworld: I hate this place. The only upside is you can leave Zalbar and get Jolee.

Tattoine: Wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't have to go into the desert so much. At least you get HK-47.

Selkath homeworld: Boring as hell. You're put on trial too many times. Also, I don't like the fact that you can't fight the guys trying to take you into custedy unless you have a mod for the pc version.

Korriban: Love this place. Great time to increase darkside points.

Sith battleship: Boring. Takes too long to get to fight Malak. And you don't get to finish him off.

Unknown world: Sorta fun. I like the Temple fight with Bastila.

Star Forge: Way too many big fights.

Now, KOTOR II

Peragus: Boring. Way too long.

Telos: It was pretty fun.

Nar Shada: Way too long. You have to do too many things to finally get to Goto.

Dantooine: Was sorta boring.

Korriban: Too boring. Not much to do here.

Iziz and the moons: This place was fun. I like running into Mandalore.

Sith battleship: Boring. The fight with Ninhilus was too easy.

Malacore V: Hated this place. Way too friggen long till you get to Sion.

Overall, I like KOTOR I better that II. I mean think about it. (Major spolier!!)

You get to be Revan while in TSL you are just some Jedi that served under Revan.

(End of spoiler)

You get to be Revan while in TSL you are just some Jedi that served under Revan.

That has very little to do with why I enjoyed either game. There's no greater glamour in playing for me just because in one game I get to be someone with a higher military rank.

Added to that, the Exile is not just "some Jedi". LOL

That has very little to do with why I enjoyed either game. There's no greater glamour in playing for me just because in one game I get to be someone with a higher military rank.

Added to that, the Exile is not just "some Jedi". LOL

To me she/he is. Ok, so Exile was a General. Fine, but that's nothing compared to the leader of it all. And I know it has little to do with enjoyment but I just thought it cool to be Revan.

In KOTOR I, had moments that were burned into your mind.

1.  The dramatic animation where you find out your are "Revan".

2. Bastilla returns on the Unknown planet, and she is a Dark Jedi.

3. Bastilla's mother mission.

4. Juannie's fall and insecurity.

5. StarMap Animation Sequences.

6. Etc...

In KOTOR II, the moments that were burned into your mind.

1.When Mira became open to the Force?

2. ??? I played the game so many times, but nothing seems to come to mind. ???

The variety of planets in KOTOR II was a good idea, but the storyarch and sub-plots were:

1. Short.

2. Non-Existant

3. InComplete

4. Not Dramatic

5. Emotionless

6. Boring

When you play an RPG, you want the ability to manipulate the surrounding environment, and search for other things to do besides the main plotline. In KOTOR I, even now, I bet you can find more things to do in the game. In KOTOR II, there is really nothing else to do but run around as a fetch boy. How Dull..

On Dontooine, in KOTOR I, you had that runaway droid subplot, which has a larger impact that the storyarch in KOTOR II.

-------------------------

Onderon - This planet had so much potential. The writers could have openned Onderon up, and allowed some in depth exploration, subplots, and a bigger addition to the main plot.

I think you've highlighted an interesting difference between K1 and K2, which might explain why some of us think the interaction with our party member in K2 is missing something.

In K1, there were sidequests tied to the background story of each party member - like the sidequest involving Bastilla's mother for example. All those sidequests helped us get emotionally attached to our little CG companions.

Aside from Mandalore's search for mandalorians to rally in K2 (some are on Dantoine and Nar Shaddaa), I don't think there's anything of the sort in K2.

"Aside from Mandalore's search for mandalorians to rally in K2 (some are on Dantoine and Nar Shaddaa), I don't think there's anything of the sort in K2".

Which isn't even a quest!

Overall this game fell short because of the release date.

Why does Carth only speak with you while Canderous (Mandalore) hears that you have a conversation with "Admiral Onasi". I am sure it would have been far better if he joins the conversation along with T3-M4, and you talk about the recording you found when you tell Atton that Revan was indeed a female and you have an Intelligence of 15 or 16.

For those who have not seen it. You can ask T3: [intelligence] How did you get here T3? And if you have a Computer Use skill of at least 12 or more T3 can display a Holo. Bastila appears if you tell Atton that Revan was DS or LS Male. Carth appears if you tell Atton Revan was Female LS.

Why can't you see more results of Revan being LS or DS on Dantooine. I mean, almost all of us I guess will tell the game that Revan was LS. I did DS one's and I guess most of you will agree that it is not very nice.

I imagine that you would like to see the Sandrals / Matale's again after all was settled. And why can't we just see something of other memorable characters from Kotor I. Instead we "only" get Carth, Bastila, T3-M4, HK-47, Canderous, Vrook and not to mention a very small appearance of Vandar and off course Adum Larp. Any others?

Where is Ergeron in the Mandalorian camp, you know the Mandalorian Mercenary on Manaan. Why isn't Mission on Nar Shaddaa. Seems like just a place for her "street smarts". Could Obsidain replace Mission with Vossk? Vossk if Revan was DS and Mission if Revan was LS. How about Mission selling T3 to Vogga the Hutt in stead of the Champ? That would make things interesting. But NNNOOOO. Is it to complicated to do this???!!!

Master Vandar lives!

Guest MacleodCorp

Since I do not know how to use spoiler tags, here is the warning bellow contains spoilers for those who have not played KOTOR I or KOTOR II!

----- Spoliers Listed Bellow:

Truthfully, I was just completely board with KOTOR II. I did not feel for the NPC/PCs, and I could not see any real reason why some of them existed in the game.

Hyped: "The Force Crush" <---- In the preview, the best thing that I was going for was "The Force Crush" To only find out you get it way too late in the game...

The biggest dissapointment in the game, and it may be talked about elsewhere is: THE BATTLE MEDITATION. In KOTOR I, Battle Meditation was used to turn the outcome of an entire war. In KOTOR II, Battle Meditation was a unusable force power, where I had to question if it did anything.

Another big let down is, ANIMAL DOMINACE, which after I learned it, I tried to use it, and it did nothing.

It would appear that Obsidian made these new useless force powers, which when used they do nothing!

If I am going to use Battle Meditation, it better work in turning the tied of a war. Instead, you used it during a few animated movie moments. Where the hell is the fun in that. I can use them in the minimovies, but I cannot use them in game....

Come to think about it: Was this a real RPG? I don't think so! A real RPG would be like KOTOR I, which allowed you to take you time and roam the planets. I could finish quests, or I can add to the quests by working on sidequests. In KOTOR II, where are the meaningful sidequests? Nothing really meaningful, except fetch this fetch that. In KOTOR I, you have various sidequests that keeped the game alive. You have DS quests and LS quests on top of the sidequests. All in all KOTOR II just plainly stinks....

There are some fun things to do, but I just can't into a game where the environments and storyline are too clastrophobic, and then they all fall short of becoming something grand.

In KOTOR I, we the PC were able to go to various shops, investigate a murder, hunt people down for bounties, play pazaak, race, invade a Sih base, join an assasintation attempt, save a heroine's life, gather pieces to repair a ship, gather pieces to a StarMap, save the planets, and save the day.

In KOTOR II, we the PC run around playing fetch, talk to various Jedi (Which if you are the last Jeid like the advertisement said, this is problematic.), and end the game. There are no impoirtant sidequests, which you can find out intresting things about the other PC/NPC characters. How lame, dull, and pathetic!! I will not post any spoilers, so don't worry.

Another big advertised dissapointment was: "You cannot obtain your lightsaber back from Atris!" In the advertisements, it was said that you will be able to earn you lightsaber. "Atris does not give you it back!" That stinks, bites, and what ever....

The game stinks over all... I give it a zero in a 1 to 10 scale and 10 being the best!

Period, Game Over!

Am I the only one that misses the Siege of Czerka in KotOR 1? Every planet you've been in K1, you have SOMETHING to do with Czerka. The whiny merchant who keeps complanining about them on Dantooine, the Czerka office in Korriban, the Czerka setting you an ambush as you land on Kashyyyk and Tatooine, but only not in Manaan.

These little things make KotOR 1 what it is, and what KotOR 2 is lacking. Where are the Gizka running all over your ship? Or at least a Mynock infestation.

How bout when the SITH board your ship and u have to fight them off..or the Red Sun or whatever the'yre called haha I forget...those slavers....

and when Visas Boards ur ship do kill u for her master and u school her.....cmon man did you even play K2??!??

And as far as fighting cerka ambushes and whatnot...the Civil War on Onderan was MUCH more interesting than that....

and instigating the fighting was great too.....

Since I do not know how to use spoiler tags, here is the warning bellow contains spoilers for those who have not played KOTOR I or KOTOR II!

----- Spoliers Listed Bellow:

Truthfully, I was just completely board with KOTOR II. I did not feel for the NPC/PCs, and I could not see any real reason why some of them existed in the game.

Hyped: "The Force Crush" <---- In the preview, the best thing that I was going for was "The Force Crush" To only find out you get it way too late in the game...

The biggest dissapointment in the game, and it may be talked about elsewhere is: THE BATTLE MEDITATION. In KOTOR I, Battle Meditation was used to turn the outcome of an entire war. In KOTOR II, Battle Meditation was a unusable force power, where I had to question if it did anything.

Another big let down is, ANIMAL DOMINACE, which after I learned it, I tried to use it, and it did nothing.

It would appear that Obsidian made these new useless force powers, which when used they do nothing!

If I am going to use Battle Meditation, it better work in turning the tied of a war. Instead, you used it during a few animated movie moments. Where the hell is the fun in that. I can use them in the minimovies, but I cannot use them in game....

Come to think about it: Was this a real RPG? I don't think so! A real RPG would be like KOTOR I, which allowed you to take you time and roam the planets. I could finish quests, or I can add to the quests by working on sidequests. In KOTOR II, where are the meaningful sidequests? Nothing really meaningful, except fetch this fetch that. In KOTOR I, you have various sidequests that keeped the game alive. You have DS quests and LS quests on top of the sidequests. All in all KOTOR II just plainly stinks....

There are some fun things to do, but I just can't into a game where the environments and storyline are too clastrophobic, and then they all fall short of becoming something grand.

In KOTOR I, we the PC were able to go to various shops, investigate a murder, hunt people down for bounties, play pazaak, race, invade a Sih base, join an assasintation attempt, save a heroine's life, gather pieces to repair a ship, gather pieces to a StarMap,  save the planets, and save the day.

In KOTOR II, we the PC run around playing fetch, talk to various Jedi (Which if you are the last Jeid like the advertisement said, this is problematic.), and end the game. There are no impoirtant sidequests, which you can find out intresting things about the other PC/NPC characters. How lame, dull, and pathetic!! I will not post any spoilers, so don't worry.

Another big advertised dissapointment was: "You cannot obtain your lightsaber back from Atris!" In the advertisements, it was said that you will be able to earn you lightsaber. "Atris does not give you it back!" That stinks, bites, and what ever....

The game stinks over all... I give it a zero in a 1 to 10 scale and 10 being the best!

Period, Game Over!

Did you even pay attention in K2? You were able to investigate a murder....on Onderan...dagon Ghent...ring any bells....moron....and you could go into cantinas and shops and all that stuff but the main thing u have to realise is that in K2 the Galaxy is a much different place, plagued by war....so tehre are more free merchants than offical shops and etc. and it's not going to be the happy-go-lucky lets party while we hunt evil, because in this game evil isnt something new...it's been dominating the galaxy for years and it's taken its toll on the ppl....

Period? Game Over? Nah man you're done....your whole thread was full of contradiction and un-educated remarks which made it sound like you didn't even play K2....if we were to use your form of thinking we could just say In K1 all we did was run around chasing stupid star maps and listening to the preachy bastilla nagging our decisions.....Don't come to these threads with ignorant points of view man, because there are alot of smart ppl on the forum that will just embarass your ass... have a nice day

Did you even pay attention in K2? You were able to investigate a murder....on Onderan...dagon Ghent...ring any bells....moron....and you could go into cantinas and shops and all that stuff but the main thing u have to realise is that in K2 the Galaxy is a much different place, plagued by war....so tehre are more free merchants than offical shops and etc. and it's not going to be the happy-go-lucky lets party while we hunt evil, because in this game evil isnt something new...it's been dominating the galaxy for years and it's taken its toll on the ppl....

Period? Game Over? Nah man you're done....your whole thread was full of contradiction and un-educated remarks which made it sound like you didn't even play K2....if we were to use your form of thinking we could just say In K1 all we did was run around chasing stupid star maps and listening to the preachy bastilla nagging our decisions.....Don't come to these threads with ignorant points of view man, because there are alot of smart ppl on the forum that will just embarass your ass... have a nice day

agreed..

edit: It seems my quote didn't work......its the post right above this one...by Lord Satasn

Now, now, no need to flame anyone. Whether TSL lovers or TSL haters.

Personally I love TSL and think it is even better than KOTOR (hard to beat). The storyline, while incomplete, is a lot more interesting than the simple rehashed Rebels vs. the Empire concept. Not to say that I dislike the simple rehashed Rebels vs. the Empire concept but TSL gave a new feel to Star Wars that was quite refreshing.

I also like the characters more, perhaps with the exception of Visas who I wasn't really interested in. I liked Atton more than Carth, Mira/Handmaiden better than Bastila. I liked how Teethree was more mysterious than in KOTOR, I didn't see that one coming. And Kreia really interested me though I did miss old Jolee. Even Goto was interesting at least till he joined your party. Mandalore and Aychkay are the only ones who rated lower in my mind.

KOTOR I'd give a 9.2. TSL I'd give a 9.6 even with the cuts (the fact that you never saw your characts did confuse me a little before I knew about them but I hardly hated it and I sort of tied the loose ends up in my head and figured the crash seperated you from them).

Also, before I give a rating of the various planets, who was it that said there should have been more split party scenes than on Onderon? When was the last time you played the game? Your play as characters other than the Exile nine times. That's Prologue, Peragus, Nar Shadaa Cantina, Nar Shadaa landing pad, Jek Jek Tarr, Hidden Exchange Base, Goto's Yacht, Onderon/Dxun, and Malachor 5.

That's all I have to say on that subject. Alright, now, my ratings of KOTOR and TSL worlds.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The Endar Spire

Rating: 9.0

Review: I thought the Endar Spire was a short, yes, but remarkably good way to set up the story. In fact, in my opinion, it's better than some of the longer levels. Yes, it has no side quests and next to no character interaction but it sets the scene very nicely and makes you ache for more. Very well done :).

Taris

Rating: 9.8

Review: Hmm... I've give some thought on this and Taris is the planet that all the planets in KOTOR should be like. This planet I really dig. Though you never once use the Force (aside from Bastila) and don't carry a lightsaber (aside from Bastila again) it is an interesting scenario where you have to survive during an occupation during the enemy. The side quests were interesting, if you work at it you can get lots of character interaction, over all it was great and successfully kept up the Endar Spire's momentum :wub:.

Dantooine

Rating: 7.6

Review: This planet unfortunately, lowers the player's interst considerably. It not only kills the beginning momentum but actually bores the player, at least in my second replay. The first time I played KOTOR I was far too giddy to notice any faults in any of the planets. The Jedi Council was interesting but BioWare strangely set them up as though they were the Jedi Council, not simply a Jedi Council. Interesting though that Vrook serves on both. The crystal cave had nice crystals but I was disappointed after all the hype about it. I go in, kill a few spiders (excuse me, kinrath), pick up some nifty crystals, and leave. Boring. The most interesting sidequest in the whole place was the Mandalorians and the leader, to my great disappointment, didn't wield lightsabers though he clearly could have if he tried (Force-users are not the only ones capable of such. Look at Greivous, Han, etc.). I also felt that the introduction to the Star Maps story arch was rather dull and could have used more mystery, action, or something. All in all, a disappointment :(.

Kashyyyk

Rating: 8.0

Review: This planet was actually more interesting in my mind than many give it credit for. Nonetheless, I was disappointed as the reason I went to it in the first place was to have fun in the trees :D. Unfortunately, it turned out you spent much of your time in the Shadowlands which were interesting, but still disappointing. I also was upset that the Wookiees kept on distrusting you unlike the open Wookiees you see in the times of the Prequels on through the New Jedi Order. Gradually I kind of understood it all thanks to Chuundar's deceptions and Czerka's plotting. Nonetheless, I wish there was more sidequests, more character interaction (Zaalbar's backstory is still underdone despite having a whole planet as a sidequest, at least in my opinion). Best thing though was meeting Jolee and settling scores with Calo (if you played it in that order) :ermm:.

Tatooine

Rating: 8.2

Review: Tatooine, the planet that is in all but one of the Star Wars films and in most of the games as well. Luke and Anakin's home. Amazing it wasn't in TSL. However, I was disappointed by it. It's not the idea that Tatooine only has one settlement right now, I thought that was interesting. And it wasn't because that Czerka and the Sand People had a war going on. That was interesting too. It was because all its sub-quests were boring (aside from swoop racing which I like more than Taris or Manaan's) and I thought the whole backstory on the Sand People was underdone and should have been tied in more with the story. Still, it was more interesting overall than Kashyyyk and Aychkay similarly made up for the problems the same way meeting Jolee made up for Kashyyyk's :ermm:.

Manaan

Rating: 8.5

Review: I liked this planet alot more than most people did. I didn't find the Selkath annoying, though I certainly thought them somewhat arrogant and overconfident. But this was a quality shared by most natives in this game whether the Wookiees, Rakata, Sand People, or students of the Sith Academy. The only people who weren't uppity were the Undercity inhabitants and the Hidden Beks. Furthermore, I liked seeing the Sith and Republic glare at one another, unable to do anything else. Also I liked the bottom of the sea level which brought a completely unexplored area in the Star Wars universe... the ocean(aside from a quick tour through Naboo's core [again, how does that work?]). It also makes, in my opinion, a perfect setup for Bandon's attack (should be played in that order). All in all, an interesting turn from the disappointments of Kashyyyk and Tatooine :).

The Leviathan

Rating: 9.2

Review: Once again, this level reboots the momentum killed by Dantooine and plagued by the disappointments of Kashyyyk and Tatooine. This level is replayability heaven as there are dozens of ways to do this level. Light side, dark side, choosing any player from Canderous to Teethree (alright, you can't use Zaalbar which is a little of a disappointment). Furthermore this introduces the awe-inspiring revelation (though it wasn't really a revelation to me as I had it spoiled for me along with Bastila's turn by my friend Ryan who never thought I'd get the game at the time, or he for that matter as he'd had it spoiled by his friend). However, I saw others see the revelation for the first time and even for me, finding out what I already knew was great. Finally, Carth's emotions really get to a boiling point right here and this is an excellent point for Revan to doubt himself and to mourn over Bastila's capture. Excellent :thumbsup:.

Korriban

Rating: 8.7

Review: This planet's main advantage was sheer variety. So many places to explore which is not really an option on any other planet. I'm even a little surprised they didn't have swoop races out here as the terrain was perfect, but guess the Sith don't like the sport or maybe the racers don't the Sith (regarding Taris that is). In any case this was ver interesting for me and further kept me hooked to my seat as I wanted to see what would happen, whether I'd be discovered, etc. Only problem really is that the Sith seem to ask too much of their students (killing two terentateks is mandatory? Actually, I understand there is another way but still... Sheesh.). Great :).

Unknown World

Rating: 7.4

Review: I really didn't like the Unknown World. It had potential but it went nowhere. I didn't care at all about the Rakata or their fallen Empire and their backstory was lamely done. Furthermore, there was a total lack of sidequests and interaction with the populace. Overall, the worst level in KOTOR >_<.

The Star Forge

Rating: 7.9

Review: This was a good ending, or would have been if it wasn't lacking in something. It seemed repetitive and after the first few times I got tired of fighting the same Sith over and over again. It was a good concept which gave you a sense of urgency but it just didn't seem to play well, especially since you can't tell your NPCs not to attack so you end up dying a lot. Furthermore, the scene with Bastila didn't have enough emotion. The best part really of this whole sequence was the cut scenes, dark or light.

Yavin 4

Rating: ???

Review: Figure I'd put this in just so no one would complain. Never played it though and it really doesn't sound intersting at all. So it doesn't count overall.

Overall Planet Rating: 8.4

Look (Interface and Level Design): 9.2

Gameplay: 9.4

Story Arch: 8.8

Replayability: 8.2

Overall Rating: 8.8

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Prologue (the Ebon Hawk)

Review: Not bad and it is a better tutorial than the Endar Spire is but if you've already played the game its a little boring. I still play it anyway when replaying TSL because it really does set the stage and Peragus seems a little more empty without it. Good thing you can skip it though because some people just aren't so patient... Doesn't set the momentum like the Endar Spire :errm:.

Peragus

Rating: 9.6

Review: I really don't get why people hate this level. Sure it has low player interaction but that's not all that counts. Sure the droids are somewhat easy to beat but it was fun dammit :ermm:! I loved the music on this level too, it was so creepy and I like how you had to figure out everything. It gave it a very fresh feel to it, like you really were starting over from scratch after returning from your exile and it . Kreia, Teethree, the Ebon Hawk (arguably TSL's twelfth character unlike in KOTOR where it's a mere lift), and Atton's introductions into the storyline were supreme, or at least so I thought. I really cared about all four of them the moment they become involved in the Exile's life. Plus, I like seeing the Exile fly around martial arts style. And with just one more great thing about Peragus I really digged the creepy ghost ship feel of the Harbringer :errm:.

The Ebon Hawk (En Route to Telos)

Rating: 9.0

Review: You might be surprised I gave such a high rating for such a small level but that's precisely why I did give it such a high rating. It did really well at what it was intended for, character interaction. Conversations with both Kreia and Atton were interesting and you got a nice look at their personality, making up well for Peragus' lack of interaction.

Telos (First Time)

Review: Probably the worst planet in the entire game aside from Malachor, but even it was better than many of the planets in KOTOR. The Ithorians' missions were a little tedious but made sense and I liked Telos' surface, even with the factory cut out and Atris lecturing you. My main problems with this level are 1) Luxa, she looks and acts like a ****, 2)The lack of rewards for swoop racing on Telos, I mean, I thought swoop racing would be cool with vertical jumps and all but it was lame because you didn't get money unless you absolutely got first place and then the money was pretty small, and 3)The removal of the droid factory (why LucasArts, why?!?). Overall, quite good and much better than its equivalent (Dantooine) in KOTOR :wub:.

Nar Shaada

Rating: 9.9

Review: What can I say? I must have a weakness for city worlds. This place was a slum, yes, but that's perfect because that's just what Nar Shaada is. It's a moon full of crime, deceit, betrayal, and corruption orbiting a world of excessive wealth. The only thing I can think of that would have made this world better is being able to go to Nal Hutta itself, which would have been interesting since it's never been seen outside of a few books and because it's the homeworld of the galaxy's greatest crimelords... the Hutts (well, not really, according to Hutt legend they come from a different planet destroyed millennia ago). I mean, the sidequests are engaging, the bounty hunters squabbling over you is genuinely entertaining, not to mention your enlightening discussions on morality with Kreia (she has some points mind you)... On top of that you get the invasion of both Visquis' lair and Goto's yacht, giving the Exchange a much bigger role than they had in KOTOR (give me crime syndicates over evil corporations any day). And I'm not through yet because Nar Shaada also introduces my all-time favorite TSL character, Mira. When I left this planet I felt immensely satisfied and hadn't even done half the subquests on the planet. This is the model for all planets to come and even outdoes ol' Taris though I might do Onderon first next time as I'm pretty sure that Kavar's the Exile's master.. Definately a >_<.

Korriban

Review: Too short. That's the only problem. I don't even mind no one being there because it's how it's supposed to be and like Peragus it adds a sense of mystery. And for those of you who dislike the emptiness I think it's more than made up by visiting the Shyrack Cave and fighting Sion the first time. Still, the mystery should have gone more and depth and it wouldn't have been so bad if someone else was there :(.

Dxun (First Time)

Rating: 8.9

Review: Now you see, this is what Kashyyyk should have been. Plently of side quests, character interaction, and action to boot. And more variety than dark, dark, dark winding paths all around. Plus, we get to see Canderous (Mandalore) again. I also liked working with Mandalorians with them instead of simply fighting them and I enjoyed Dxun's version of the dueling ring more than Taris'. Wildlife at its best (though the whatchama call it that supposedly was the toughest thing alive wasn't very hard) :).

Onderon (First Time)

Rating: 8.4

Review: Potential, potential, potential. Wasted though by a lack of subquests, the fact that the first time you're there you do little more than help free Canderous' annoying "doctor" friend. Even so, I was enchanted with Onderon from the moment I was shot down over Dxun to the moment I left. The history and culture of this place had just so much unused potential. Oh well. If they used this place as they should of it could have come close to or even beaten Nar Shaada :errm:.

Dantooine (First Time)

Review: Yes!!!! Finally, an entertaining potrayal of Dantooine. Much better on the second take then on the first take. No more lectures (aside from a few short Vrook ones). No more boring sidequests. No more lack of action. No more boring crystal cave. This crystal cave had a soul that was lacking in KOTOR. The resentment of the Jedi from the farmers is completely realistic and understandable, even if they're wrong and I loved how the farmers banded together and finally settled their disputes as a result of the Sith occupation. Well done and great work Obsidian :)!

Dxun (Second Time)

Review: The fact you had to split your party was fun, yes, but you have to do it alot of other times though not too many people seem to remember this. Also, I thought Freedon Nadd's tomb was lacking. It should have been darker (and that doesn't mean having a lot of purple energy on the floor, sorry). Furthermore, it should have been longer, with more battling outside the tomb and perhaps an attack on the Sith transport. Still, it was fun as long as you got around those disappointments :errm:.

Onderon (Second Time)

Rating: 9.1

Review: Unlike Dxun this was funner the second time round. The invasion of Iziz in a war droid was awesome, though I'm a little confused now why they call it a droid (maybe autopilot only or something? :s). Furthermore, this time round you got rid of that annoying factor of never doing anything important and the invasion of the tower, wall, and palace was excellent and gave you a feeling of importance. Once again, a little on the short side and the opponents were a little too easy but who can resist civil war action? Not me :).

Dantooine (Second Time)

Rating: 9.4

Review: Short, yes, very short. But the reason I rank it the same as the Leviathan is because despite having no action it moved the plot more than Revan's revelation did. Even though I saw Kreia's betrayal coming, I dreaded it and felt hurt when it finally did come. At the same time I felt relief because the Masters didn't suck me dry, a twist I didn't see coming. Furthermore, it sent the game's plot into high gear whereas Revan's revelation was merely shrugged off (don't deny it!) by the NPCs and Revan himself. It didn't have enough affect on the story is my point while these twists did. This planet earns its rating by being a plot sequence, not by being a playable level :thumbsup:.

Telos (Second Time)

Rating: 8.9

Review: What really made this level for me was the duel with Atris. It was interesting to see another "great and noble" Jedi fall to the dark side because of denial of love. And I really got Atris' for some character and though she could be an arrogant and annoying sithspawn I understood her and even pitied her a little. Citadel Station was good too but I thought it was a little lame to bring all the various characters from across the galaxy there. I mean, Telos was attacked within a few minutes. How'd everyone get there so fast :)?

The Ravager

Rating: 7.5

Review: Disappointing. Like most people I agree that Nihilus was far too easy. Also, I thought Mandalore's attack on the Ravager wasn't written well enough. Perhaps this level was also damaged by the cuts :ermm:.

Telos (Third Time, i.e. Carth and/or Bastila):

Review: Not sure if this is open to everyone (I've only seen lightside female Revan and lightside male Revan endings) but I though it was fairly emotional and gave a nice link between the two various games. Once again, this is really a plot device not a planet :).

Malachor 5:

Rating: 8.0

Review: Yes, yes, this was disappointing, especially since parts explaining some things were cut out. Nonetheless, I thought the final Sion fight was dramatic, the two fights with Traya were emotional and I did not consider her easy like most people (this from me who beat Malak in one try). I also thought Mira's fight with Hanharr was also emotional and I liked the planet's mystery and dark backstory. Overall however, the planet was a disappointment. No surprise there (curse you LucasArts!) :errm:.

Overall Planet Rating: 8.7

Look (Interface and Level Design): 9.5

Gameplay: 9.7

Story Arch: 9.8

Replayability: 10.0

Overall Rating: 9.5