Gamespot's Rumor Control

...Or perhaps some jokes that a lot of people just don't get.

In any case, I think we can agree about where this is all headed.  One way or another, the needs will be answered.  It's just that I, personally, would much rather get the explanations to Obsidian's jokes from Obsidian than from the modding community.

Oh yes thats perfect !! :huh:

The only part I didnt get was Hanhar/Mira , that seemed uneeded. Especially if you come outside and she is no where to be found.

GOTO - Remote didnt need an answer , the answer was provided in the closing cinematic.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I just blame LA for making what seems to have been an unreasonable contract.

Don't get me wrong, I too see LucasArts as the big evil in this story. I'm merely pointing out that Obsidian does, after all, share some of the responsibility for the game.

Too bad there isn't much more to say on this subject, Feargus statement clearly shows that he's behind contract and can't say much more about this. It wouldn't suprise me however, if there was a announcement in the near future something in the vein like this:

"After a huge public interest and support, we will release a director's cut version of KotOR II, including all the small details that would make any Star Wars fan jump in joy".

P.S. AgainstOne seems like an enigma to me. Someone involved in the industry like him surely knows that when you're sending a complaint, you always keep a polite tone no matter what the problem is. While he has a point that the game feels rushed and unfinished, the whole "SHAME ON YOU OBSIDIAN!"-attitude is very immature and he should know better than that. I think that he doesn't even work in the defense industry, i think that he's one of the staff from somethingawful.com, trying punch all the buttons to see what the reaction is.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

When was the last time you heard a comedian leave out all the punchlines because, after all, they only constitute a small percentage of what he is saying?  :huh:

I wouldnt use that anology myself. Rather I would see it as the comedian using fresh material for most of the night and then right at the end using a couple of old tired jokes which you already knew the punchline to.

That wouldnt ruin the evening because the other material was A+ stuff.

I rather find Forna K. Shan's anaology rather fitting - and it is beyond me how you can compare leaving out vital parts of a story to telling an old story... :thumbsup:

I rather find Forna K. Shan's anaology rather fitting - and it is beyond me how you can compare leaving out vital parts of a story to telling an old story... :huh:

Yes it's very good. Jokes some people dont get is quite apt.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I rather find Forna K. Shan's anaology rather fitting - and it is beyond me how you can compare leaving out vital parts of a story to telling an old story... :huh:

Yes it's very good. Jokes some people dont get is quite apt.

Oh it's only 'some' people who don't get them? Then maybe you can epxlain to me why Mira is the only human NPC from your party who is with you on Malachor V? Maybe you can explain why Bao Dur instructed his remote with a hologram instead of in person? Maybe you can explain why the G0T0/Remote thing was all about? Maybe you can explain why Mandalore didn't go with you to Malachor V? Maybe you can explain why Visas isn't with you on Malachor, after she had previously stated that she would follow you to the end? Etc...

Oh it's only 'some' people who don't get them? Then maybe you can epxlain to me why Mira is the only human NPC from your party who is with you on Malachor V? Maybe you can explain why Bao Dur instructed his remote with a hologram instead of in person? Maybe you can explain why the G0T0/Remote thing was all about? Maybe you can explain why Mandalore didn't go with you to Malachor V? Maybe you can explain why Visas isn't with you on Malachor, after she had previously stated that she would follow you to the end? Etc...

Actually he she said "a lot of people".

478327[/snapback]

I think the problem seems to be Lucasart they push companies to relese games so early.

KOTR2 feels rushed at the end seems incomplete in other areas.

Obsidian i feel did the best they could in the time given. Even though they where using the system from KOTR1 there must have been time spent getting the hang of the programs that where used to make KOTR1.

I also rember getting Star Wars Galaxies when it first game out and that as well was incompletewith a lot of bugs ommisions and unbalanced classes. At the time a lot of people blamed SOE for it but since they released EQ2 which had no where near the amount of bugs, problems and didnt have any huge companies breathing down their neck to complete it.

So i think its Lucasarts thats to blame for the state of the game when it was released.

I heard something similar from George W Bush supporters who asked, "Why should the people of Canada care so much about who we vote for president?  You don't see us complaining about the leader of Canada."  The reality is that Canada's leader just doesn't matter as much in the world as America's leader.

While comparing world politics to something as irrelevant as video games, your credibility just descended below zero.

Not *everyone* have the option to return the game, and not *everyone* enjoys throwing money away.

Then it's your fault for blindly buying games without thinking of the consequences. Only you are to blame for your lack of vision.

Wtf? Are you arguing that it's ok to sell people unfinished products just because you might risk losing money yourself if you do not? What kind of selfish and deceiptful attitude is that?

Read again. I was talking about all the whiners calling Feargus a liar and stuff. And the game isn't unfinished. The game is what they made it be, therefore it's finished.

No, he likely isn't. But that doesn't make it anymore right.

Good. Now that you have accepted this fact you are one step closer to the real world. I would suggest you quit posting asking for impossible things as your next step.

Nobody cares? Newsflash: look around, dude. This board is filled with posts complaining about KotOR II being incomplete. There are internet sites with editorials addressing the issue, there's even a petition. Now YOU might not care, but you are not *everyone*. And you accuse others of seing themselves as the center of the universe? lol

My bad. I meant somebody relevant. The legions of raging fanboys aren't relevant at all, and their power to change anything is next to zero. :lol:)

I am aware that Feargus have little choice in this matter, and that Obsidian have been put in an unfortunate position by LucasArts. But that doesn't relieave either from their responsibility to their customers.

They have already fulfilled their responsibility. They delivered a pretty damn good game in quite a short development cycle. A technical patch is bound for release "soon".

Your views on how the game should have been are not law. The game is what it is now, not what you would like it to be, period.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

This is what was sent to Gamespot as the official comment from LucasArts and Obsidian:

"We've heard from some people that they feel there was another ending

that was not realized in the shipping version of the Star Wars Knights

of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords.  The truth of the matter is that

much like a movie a certain amount of the game ends up on the cutting

room floor.  This is often because the original ideas or design just

don't make sense when put in the context of the final game as it is

being put together.

When it comes to KOTOR II, there was material cut at various times in

the game's making, including at the end of the game's development cycle.

We don't feel that the amount of material was much more or less than we

have had to cut from any of the other games that any of us have worked

on.

Ultimately, both Mike and I are proud of the game and of the talented

people at Obsidian who made it with the assistance of LucasArts.

Sincerely,

Feargus Urquhart, Obsidian CEO & President

Mike Gallo, LucasArts Producer"

This would have convinced me if the end and the whole story were coherent. Unfortunately, the end is obviously incoherent (alone in Malachor V without explanation, G0T0 Remote scene, Mira scene without any consequences on the ending, the Ebon Hawk falling and magically reappearing after the final fight...) and this statement about cutting stuff in a game seems just irrelevant. There is no point to cut stuff it's make the story less coherent. I must say I would never have cared about the cut stuff (such as party torture by Kreia, Atton's death and so on) if the end of the game were coherent enough. I won't care anymore if a future patch solves this issue and make the ending really and fully coherent.

Then it's your fault for blindly buying games without thinking of the consequences. Only you are to blame for your lack of vision.

Well excuse me for not having "vision" enough to realise that I would be conned if I bought this game. By your logic, it's ok to con people - it's their own fault for not seing it coming? I disagree.

Read again. I was talking about all the whiners calling Feargus a liar and stuff. And the game isn't unfinished. The game is what they made it be, therefore it's finished.

I see. So I can sell you a car without back seats and it would be ok? The car would be what I made it to be, and thus finished. It would be your own fault if you expect it to have back seats, not mine - right?

Good. Now that you have accepted this fact you are one step closer to the real world. I would suggest you quit posting asking for impossible things as your next step.

Suggest all you want. If you don't like reading my posts, then don't. But don't tell me what to do.

My bad. I meant somebody relevant. The legions of raging fanboys aren't relevant at all, and their power to change anything is next to zero.  :devil:)

Those "fanboys" you bash are the majority of the customers for such a game. They are the ones who LucasArts and Obsidian (if they make it) would want to buy future KotOR games. Ignoring what they think would be both arrogant and stupid.

They have already fulfilled their responsibility. They delivered a pretty damn good game in quite a short development cycle. A technical patch is bound for release "soon".

Your views on how the game should have been are not law. The game is what it is now, not what you would like it to be, period.

The game have plot holes that makes the endgame incomplete. That's hardly my subjective opinion, I think most people will agree to that.

Well excuse me for not having "vision" enough to realise that I would be conned if I bought this game. By your logic, it's ok to con people - it's their own fault for not seing it coming? I disagree.

Caveat Emptor...

LA didnt con anyone they put the game on the market. If you MUST really whinge at someone then whinge at the reviwers because if you bought the game on their say so , then they are the ones who "conned" you.

478327[/snapback]

Lucas Arts had an unrealistic goal.  Obsidian did their best to fulfill that unrealistic goal.  Lucas Arts got their money. Lesson here, don't buy future Lucas Arts games till KotOR 2 is fixed, fully.

That's my plan.

I'd say dont buy any game till you find out a bit about it (unless you have the luxury of a no questions asked return) but that's really only common sense.

And whatever Hades says I'm still buying Lego:SW (w00t)

478327[/snapback]

Legos BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!  :devil:

They are just nasty plastic caltrops.  More painful than stepping on a d4.

It's ok it's only virtual lego. No need to relive childhood trauma.

Console yourself with the fact that after finishing the level you can abuse Jar Jar Binks :devil:

478327[/snapback]