Gamespot's Rumor Control

Well excuse me for not having "vision" enough to realise that I would be conned if I bought this game. By your logic, it's ok to con people - it's their own fault for not seing it coming? I disagree.

No. You weren't conned. You paid for a game, and a game you were given. Nothing more, nothing less. Your disappointment stems purely from your personal taste. Therefore, it's not LA or OE's fault.

I see. So I can sell you a car without back seats and it would be ok? The car would be what I made it to be, and thus finished. It would be your own fault if you expect it to have back seats, not mine - right?

The analogy doesn't hold. The game is complete. It's not what you expected, but it's complete. It's not as good as you would have liked, but it's complete. It's not lacking any features that would prevent it from working as intended. Therefore it's complete. No matter how much you argue otherwise, you can't change that fact.

Suggest all you want. If you don't like reading my posts, then don't. But don't tell me what to do.

As long as you keep spamming these boards with unrealistic requests and ridiculous claims, I will continue to post in this fashion.

Those "fanboys" you bash are the majority of the customers for such a game. They are the ones who LucasArts and Obsidian (if they make it) would want to buy future KotOR games. Ignoring what they think would be both arrogant and stupid.

The majority? I suggest you revise your figures. K2 has sold hundreds of thousands of copies. Only a few dozen trolls keep bitching and moaning in these boards about the same old crap day after day. If that's the "majority" for you, then I'm afraid you need a dictionary, badly.

The game have plot holes that makes the endgame incomplete. That's hardly my subjective opinion, I think most people will agree to that.

Unpolished? Yes.

Incomplete? No.

While comparing world politics to something as irrelevant as video games, your credibility just descended below zero.

Like I care. :(

Welcome to the amazing world of irrelevant posting. A place where you post, and everyone ignores you by default. :))

[edit]

Legos BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!  :lol:

They are just nasty plastic caltrops.  More painful than stepping on a d4.

You know it's going to be one kickass game, Hades. Just be honest with yourself. :("

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So the fanboys are 'trolls' now? Keep talking slick, you seem to alienate yourself from everyone else by every post you make. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Keep twisting my words. You seem to alienate yourself from the sensible posters by every inane comment you make.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No. You weren't conned. You paid for a game, and a game you were given. Nothing more, nothing less. Your disappointment stems purely from your personal taste. Therefore, it's not LA or OE's fault.

It has nothing to do with taste. The game is *obviously* lacking key plot elements. The fact that you cannot see this makes me wonder whether you are stupid, or just haven't played the game.

The analogy doesn't hold. The game is complete. It's not what you expected, but it's complete. It's not as good as you would have liked, but it's complete. It's not lacking any features that would prevent it from working as intended. Therefore it's complete. No matter how much you argue otherwise, you can't change that fact.

This is *your* opinion, not a fact.

As long as you keep spamming these boards with unrealistic requests and ridiculous claims, I will continue to post in this fashion.

You are the one being ridiculous here, not me.

The majority? I suggest you revise your figures. K2 has sold hundreds of thousands of copies. Only a few dozen trolls keep bitching and moaning in these boards about the same old crap day after day. If that's the "majority" for you, then I'm afraid you need a dictionary, badly.

First of all, you are the troll here. People complaning have valid reason to do so, and should not be put down by smartass you for stating their opinion. And secondly, it's sure as hell more than "a few dozen". If I need a dictionary, you need a calculator.

Unpolished? Yes.

Incomplete? No.

Your opinion is *not* facts, no matter how much you seem to think so. You think the game is perfect as is? Good for you. But you should respect that others disagree with you. You are NOT the center of the universe, you opinion is NOT necessarily the (only) right one.

Welcome to the amazing world of irrelevant posting. A place where you post, and everyone ignores you by default.  :))

Who exactly is ignoring Forna? You sure ain't.

Evil? Holy moly people? We are discussing a game's development and people are talking about evil? Holy moly? Talk about upping the DRAMA.

That's one thing the net gots for it - it is more soap operaish than soap operas are. R00fles!

Neitehr Obsidian or LA owe us anything else (except maybe a patch for those who have lots of bugs since we all should have as working a game as possible). There is no need for overacting by you folks.

D R A M A

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The game is buggy - fact

The game had content removed at the very last minute - probable

Elements were contradictory - fact (I saw the remote being destoryed by G0-T0 in one cut scene, and then two seconds later it was floating around again)

Whether you see the game as incomplete/unfinished etc is a matter of personal opinion. I myself would say it was incomplete and unfinished. I am disappointed. BUT there are many games like that out there BUT this alone does not mean it was 'right' for the game to be released in this state, however in this state it was indeed released.

Overall, I enjoyed playing the game in this state. I would have much preferred the game to have been fully realised, it wasn't.

I shall not be buying another LA or OE game until about 4 months after release.

Bottom Line: Hopefully market economics being what they are both OE and LA will learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately if enough people buy the game and are happy with the standard of production (and I fear they have and are) that standard will become the default level at which future games are released. If you disagree with this standard there isn't much you can do. Its unfortunate but thats the way things work.

Noone needs to twist your words, you come off as a complete prick whatever you do anyhow. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It has nothing to do with taste. The game is *obviously* lacking key plot elements. The fact that you cannot see this makes me wonder whether you are stupid, or just haven't played the game.

0564.gif

You seem to have difficulty grasping the difference between opinion and fact. Let me clear something up for you. The concepts and ideas of other people are their opinions. That includes you, even though I still have to figure out how a pool of slime like yourself could be considered people. But anyway. That means your opinions have the same value than anyone else's, no more not less. Or at least they did until you started babbling incoherently, at which point everyone realized you are just another clueless chowderhead.

Now, facts have nothing to do with you thinking up something. Your opinions don't become facts just because they are yours. Which means that you can't just dismiss facts just by saying that's not your opinion, and neither can you support your opinions solely based on the erroneous concept that your statements are all facts.

If that helps you feel less of a fool, then who am I to point out the crude reality? :)

First of all, you are the troll here. People complaning have valid reason to do so, and should not be put down by smartass you for stating their opinion. And secondly, it's sure as hell more than "a few dozen". If I need a dictionary, you need a calculator.

For starters, a calculator can't be used to count. This may cause a shock, but a calculator's purpose is to calculate. Before recommending I get one, you might want to find out what a calculator actually is. You probably heard that line to those kids that used to bully you in the schoolyard and thought it sounded cool. Well my man, sorry, but your desperate attempt to impress the ladies has failed.

With that out of the way, I will tell you that I have been one of the worst complainers about this game even before it came out. But I knew when to drop it, and I never made absurd claims regarding some debt LA or OE had with me. So no, I'm not bashing anyone because they complain, when they have legitimate reasons to do so, but you, my dear assmaster, certainly don't have one.

And about the "majority" of enraged customers you claim are posting here, well, even if every goddamn member were complaining about the state of the game, that would still be a very small percentage of the people who have bought the game. Either way, you lose.

Noone needs to twist your words, you come off as a complete prick whatever you do anyhow. :geek:

I think you got the wrong forum. You were probably looking for the "I'm a worthless dork trying to look cool" boards. Those must be... elsewhere. Just keep looking.

Maybe we can continue this discussion once you grow up.

No, not really. By then reading my posts would probably cause you an instant aneurysm judging by the shallowness of yours. :)

0564.gif

You seem to have difficulty grasping the difference between opinion and fact. Let me clear something up for you. The concepts and ideas of other people are their opinions. That includes you, even though I still have to figure out how a pool of slime like yourself could be considered people. But anyway. That means your opinions have the same value than anyone else's, no more not less. Or at least they did until you started babbling incoherently, at which point everyone realized you are just another clueless chowderhead.

Now, facts have nothing to do with you thinking up something. Your opinions don't become facts just because they are yours. Which means that you can't just dismiss facts just by saying that's not your opinion, and neither can you support your opinions solely based on the erroneous concept that your statements are all facts.

If that helps you feel less of a fool, then who am I to point out the crude reality? :)

For starters, a calculator can't be used to count. This may cause a shock, but a calculator's purpose is to calculate. Before recommending I get one, you might want to find out what a calculator actually is. You probably heard that line to those kids that used to bully you in the schoolyard and thought it sounded cool. Well my man, sorry, but your desperate attempt to impress the ladies has failed.

With that out of the way, I will tell you that I have been one of the worst complainers about this game even before it came out. But I knew when to drop it, and I never made absurd claims regarding some debt LA or OE had with me. So no, I'm not bashing anyone because they complain, when they have legitimate reasons to do so, but you, my dear assmaster, certainly don't have one.

And about the "majority" of enraged customers you claim are posting here, well, even if every goddamn member were complaining about the state of the game, that would still be a very small percentage of the people who have bought the game. Either way, you lose.

Noone needs to twist your words, you come off as a complete prick whatever you do anyhow. :shifty:

I think you got the wrong forum. You were probably looking for the "I'm a worthless dork trying to look cool" boards. Those must be... elsewhere. Just keep looking.

This is the style of totally frustrated online troll. It seems that your only life-goal is

making other people upset. :ermm:

But that's nice that you have revealed yourself as pro-Lucasarts a$$-licker :thumbsup:

Parasite. Bump

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Well I would say that is just about enough fun in the sandbox for one day! Perhaps if some of us cannot post in a constructuve manner, we should take a timeout? Otherwise, I'm sure that something more directive form my quarter can be arranged?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: