Episode 3 intro text

OrganisedChaos

Episode III

REVENGE OF THE SITH

War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Dooku. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Grievous, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Palpatine, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor....

What do you think about it?

I dont like the first word. 'WAR!' that doesn't fit in with the other titles, its too 'in- your- face' having an exclamation mark doesn't fit in either, no other intros had one.

The line 'evil is everywhere' just sounds stupid as well. what is lucas thinking? Bad enough he comes up with a title that people dont like, but to make the intro text crap as well! he's gone mad!

what do others think, like or dislike?

I think it is good.

Certainly no where near as good as Episodes 4,5,6,, but we all knew that.

This may actually be a sign.

If this exclamation mark is in (and it probalbly is) perhaps it is a symbol that Ep 3 will be different to Ep 1+2. i.e. nearly as good as 4,5,6; and not sub par.

Wishful thinking maybe, but I like to think positive.

I just want to see the lightsaber fight. I've been waiting for it since I read the original screenplay.

Seems very short wont take long for that to scroll up the screen.

what lightsaber fight in particular? there will be several big ones.

and yeah it does seem shorter than the others. they'll probably stretch it out to stay with the music somehow.

I don't think it's all that bad. Except for the "War!", I like it. And I haven't read the screenplay, so now I have a twing of excitment (the kidnapping bit, amoung other things).

Seems very short wont take long for that to scroll up the screen.

That the other thing I noticed, it does seem awful short.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

That the other thing I noticed, it does seem awful short.

Ya somehow I don't think this is the actual crawler

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You should have learnt by now that the new SW movies suck.

And I can't wait to see Obi and Anakin to fight, I'm justexcited as to who will WIN!!!

"oh and by the way i was being sarcastic"

"well duh"

Obi will win. I think it was hinted in episode 4 when darth and obi fought.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Can't wait to see episode 3.

I really liked episode 1. I don't know why people rag on it so much. But then again I'm very easily entertained and it only took Darth Maul's menacing visage and his awesome skill with the lightsaber to hook me. You really have to appreciate Ray Park's skill. You know how incredibly difficult it is to make smooth transitions from a sword slash to a spinning kick? In fact he was too good and made Maul's death seem...implausible. Plus he made the episode 2 lightsaber fights laughable. Well for me at least.

Episode 2 was ok. The acting and wording, especially the love confession scenes, those were excruciating to watch. However the overall story was pretty good, with Palpatine waeving his grand strategy of simultaneously weakening the Republic with the recalcitrant Seperatists, and making way for the justification of emergency powers and the clone army. You can tell he's getting ready to backstab the separatists after they've served their purpose and weakening the Jedi Knights by deploying them in small numbers as leaders in the clone army. All the more easier to destroy them when the time comes.

I have high hopes for Ep 3

I'm getting opening night seats to this...It's my birthday.

It's 2 days before my church wedding - so good for a little pre-stag night fun, I guess (already married in a civil ceremony last year, but this second thing is just theatre for the parental units).

I promised my wife I would grow up after the final SW movie was released so I guess it's pretty good timing for me...although I secretly hope Darth Lucas relents and makes episodes VII-IX now!

What did you expect. Didn't Lucas have a co-writer for his best star wars film (esb) or am I just blinded by influenza? Also his wife was editing his stuff back then, so it was better by leaps and bounds.

Return of the Jedi should've been called Revenge of the Jedi. People without emotion are just not "human". This is why Star Trek's theme of "becoming human" is better than star wars' theme of, ummmmm, MAGICK JEDI DUDES.

Sorry. I still blame influenza. :p

Fnord.

Aaaah! I see a fnord!

<quickly forgets reading the previous post>

I think that it's a sucky opening, but from what I've seen of what will be in this flick, I think that it might actually be decent.

Suppose that I should mention what I find sucky about this intro. Well, it's too short. You see, with the time differential between 2 and 3, and with the important events that occur in between, I feel that there needs to be more exposition of what happened during the Clone Wars than simply, "They're nearly over." What happened to bring them to this point? The Confederation and Dooku (I keep expecting Toady to pop up everytime I hear that name) were built up in Ep. 2 to be major threats, and it seems as if Ep. 3 will gloss over how they were defeated. In contrast, the differences among Ep. 4, 5, & 6 were nominal as far as important events go. One can reasonably assume that Luke, after the destruction of the Death Star at Yavin IV, rose in the Rebel ranks to become an important officer, and that during the planning for Han's rescue between ESB and RotJ he continued his Jedi training under his own supervision. However, the current situation is akin to finding out at the beginning of RotJ that the Empire has been destroyed except for the Emperor and Darth Vader (though it may seem that way to some, in fact the Rebellion was on its last legs in RotJ, and planned the attack on DS2 as a last-ditch effort to win). As a result, I think that there needs to be more exposition than just "War! We won!".

I want Lucas to make ep VII - IX as well, but how will that happen with all the actors that played main characters old?

Maybe Lucas will do the entire movie with digital graphics, but I don't think he'll go that far...ominous music

I think he should turn it over to me 8)

In a couple of years I'll have graduated from film school and how could he resist :wub:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You should have learnt by now that the new SW movies suck.

And I can't wait to see Obi and Anakin to fight, I'm justexcited as to who will WIN!!!

"oh and by the way i was being sarcastic"

"well duh"

Obi will win. I think it was hinted in episode 4 when darth and obi fought.

im sorry but you are clinically insane. its basically common knowledge that Obi kicks Anakin's arse, I mean duh, thats why he's gotta wear the Vader suit. Cos Obi cut him up so good.

DUUUUUH

im sorry but you are clinically insane. its basically common knowledge that Obi kicks Anakin's arse, I mean duh, thats why he's gotta wear the Vader suit. Cos Obi cut him up so good.

DUUUUUH

I am? Must be the reason why I aren

I thought it was because Anakin falls into lava.

Anakin is the better saberist, but Obi Wan can keep a cooler head and has more experience. Plus my guess is Obi Wan went totally defensive trying to bring Anakin back to the light and Anakin was offensive in his maneuvers and lost control of his head, probably somehow making a critical error that dropped him into the lava.

I'm pretty sure its the lava. In the RoTJ book, Anakin has brief flashbacks about the agonizing heat of the lave as he lays dying.

I want Lucas to make ep VII - IX as well, but how will that happen with all the actors that played main characters old?

Ummm...not much problem there...you just set the films 20-30 years after the events of episode VI. Sure Han in a zimmerframe might not be much fun to watch but at least its possible.

I thought it was because Anakin falls into lava.

Anakin is the better saberist, but Obi Wan can keep a cooler head and has more experience. Plus my guess is Obi Wan went totally defensive trying to bring Anakin back to the light and Anakin was offensive in his maneuvers and lost control of his head, probably somehow making a critical error that dropped him into the lava.

I'm pretty sure its the lava. In the RoTJ book, Anakin has brief flashbacks about the agonizing heat of the lave as he lays dying.

Apparently using spoiler tag is just way overrated. Thanks.