The Greatest American

B5C

Ya know, all of it's completely subjective...come's down to the individual's perception of greatness, so really...no true winner here.

Just thought I'd toss that in there....and whoever said George Bush...Good god, man. Been under a rock for the past 5 years?

The thread title says "The Greatest American", not "The Greatest Example of Failure In American Public School Systems"

I'm not sure, but my money would be on that George Bush went to private school, and had about a C average

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya know, all of it's completely subjective...come's down to the individual's perception of greatness, so really...no true winner here.

Just thought I'd toss that in there....and whoever said George Bush...Good god, man. Been under a rock for the past 5 years?

The thread title says "The Greatest American", not "The Greatest Example of Failure In American Public School Systems"

I'm not sure, but my money would be on that George Bush went to private school, and had about a c average

Sure as hell doesn't show :thumbsup:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Sure it does... just another example of the failure of private schools to give their students a worthwhile education. I'm sure he learned a lot about which clique would be the most beneficial to kiss the ass of. Hell, I'm surprised GW wasn't home-schooled - but then his social skills are too advanced with the whole hunt and kill on Saturday, go to church and repent on Sunday business.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

^ I would guess you are referring to Mount Rushmore?

the faces are:

Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln

I got to say I think its kind of weird that you know that, I mean I couldn't tell you on monument in Denmark, I guess my ignorance isn't limited to Denmarkian stuff either.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The strange thing is that I know more about European and American monuments (and probably history) than Danish! :devil:

+ anyone with a rudimentary grasp of American history knows the "founding fathers"! and Mount Rushmore is a pretty well known monument!

and the statue in Copenhagen is originally enough called "The Little Mermaid" .. after the famous story of the danish author Hans Christian Andersen .. (and no it's nothing like the Disney version)

Fortune favors the bald.

The strange thing is that I know more about European and American monuments (and probably history) than Danish!  :wacko:

+ anyone with a rudimentary grasp of American history knows the "founding fathers"! and Mount Rushmore is a pretty well known monument!

and the statue in Copenhagen is originally enough called "The Little Mermaid" .. after the famous story of the danish author Hans Christian Andersen .. (and no it's nothing like the Disney version)

Ya isn't there alot of sex and violence in the Dannish version, even some beastialities?

no it's still a childrens story .. but since it was written in 1837 you can imagine it's a little heavy on Christian morale!

in all honesty, it's fundamentally the same story as the Disney version .. her saving the Prince, wanting to be human because she loves him, and giving her voice to get a pair of legs (although in this story each time she walks it is like stepping on a thousands razors) ..

but where it differs is that the prince does not love her back, but marries a princess from another kingdom (one he believed saved him instead of the mermaid).. and this in turn kills the mermaid, because if he married another she would die .. she is then transformed into a spirit of the wind, which can earn a soul by doing good for humanity in 300 years ..

so it's all about how you get to heaven, how you must put all personal desires aside to do good .. and how one should not desire for things that is far away from your heart .. at least in my interpretation!

http://hca.gilead.org.il/li_merma.html - English version ..

Fortune favors the bald.

i would go with steve nash but he's not american

Plus hes a shakey defender

Ya and thats why Dirk Nowitski has won so many championships

There is no greatest American, or greatest Russian, or greatest Englishman..... you can't just say that one man is greater than others....

Well, you may like one more than others, but that doesn't really describe him as GREATEST.

I think we should rephrase the poll into "The Greatest American*s*" - then it would make sense.

There is no greatest American, or greatest Russian, or greatest Englishman..... you can't just say that one man is greater than others....

Based on their accomplishments, you can. Surely you agree that Alexander the Great was a greater man than you and me. He wasn't called 'the Great' for nothing, you know. :(

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.