Level cap

That just means they have yet to be created, because I am sure when Starwars d20 came out there was people who hated the way things were layed out in it compaired to the dnd rule set. SO I think that maybe Obsidian should make either an addition to the starwars rule set to include epic level (as you put it) so that it makes more sense in the world of starwars D20 (mind you I would doubt that they would put that much work into doing something like that).

No. The FR/D&D settings are fundamentally different from SW. The barrier between deity and mortality is faint at best in D&D, and there are a lot of creatures there that are between both worlds. There is nothing like that in SW, everyone is mortal and can be killed with a well aimed, lucky blaster shot. The SW D20 ruleset is designed to reflect that, hence there is no reason for 'epic' levels. The emperor and Yoda are both at the pinnacle of the power scale of the SW setting, and both are near physical collapse. Beginning to see a pattern there?

I am the first one to admit that I know nothing of the rules for either D&D or SW D20, but that wasn't what I was meaning, What I meant was since there is no rules for epic levels and that seems to but what all the fuss is about then why not just make some and call it quits, I am sure the rule sets for both have changed sicne they were first created even its just stat wise. So why couldn't they just add a new division to the rule set to include epic levels? :) I know yoda and the emperor are supost to be the end all of the power base but with the place that SW video games rank in the offical universe I don't see why there is such a problem with them changing the way one game handles the given rule set... honest I don't.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

So why couldn't they just add a new division to the rule set to include epic levels? :)  I know yoda and the emperor are supost to be the end all of the power base but with the place that SW video games rank in the offical universe I don't see why there is such a problem with them changing the way one game handles the given rule set... honest I don't.

Because both Yoda and Palpatine are 'officially' level 20 by the D20 ruleset. Adding 'epic' levels would not only not be consistent with the setting, but it would also mean that there could be individuals significantly more powerful than those two. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You just don't add epic rules.  :(

Sheesh.  :blink:

:"> hey I did say I knew nothing of D20 rule set :p

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I'd like to see a mod for multiclassing in kotor2, so that you wouldn't only have to be a Jedi throughout the game, though I've no clue as to what Star Wars d20 says about that.

Yes! That is what I want. Some of my favorite times in Kotor was not even playing it but figuring out what mix of class would be my favorite. It would be cool if in TSL you could start out as a scout, then go consular, then go jedi master. (That character would be very hard to hit!)

Unless KoTOR II is ten times more difficult than KoTOR I, Level 50 would suck. Let me explain:

KoTOR I was incredibly easy. Defeating Malak on the Star Forge was a picnic. I mean, it took me something like a week (probably less) to finish the game as lightside and another couple of days for darkside. Once I was at Level 20, no number of enemies stood in my way. So, KoTOR II better be a lot harder than KoTOR I so when I do reach Level 50 I do not just walk through it all in five minutes.

However, this is unlikely. No offence to Obsidian but I always make my character as tough as possible. Jedi Guardian all the way! If KoTOR II difficulty is really more difficult than KoTOR I then I might accept 30 but 50!

I have a PC so I will see when I buy it (February 15th for Sydney) I hope that it is not a push over. Ultimately, we shall see.

I just hope it is difficult even on Level 50. If it is the same as, similar or just a bit like KoTOR I's difficulty, Level 50 sucks because it shall be too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty setting.

I think you'll get to level 30 tops on a normal playthrough. The problem is, it'll still be ridiculously easy from what I've heard. Anyway, if you wanna make it a bit harder without any mods, you could always play as a scoundrel/consular with 8 CON. Makes for some interesting gameplay. Oh, and low WIS too.

However, this is unlikely. No offence to Obsidian but I always make my character as tough as possible. Jedi Guardian all the way!

If you think Jedi Guardian is the most powerful class in K2, I think you are in for a little surprise.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

However, this is unlikely. No offence to Obsidian but I always make my character as tough as possible. Jedi Guardian all the way!

If you think Jedi Guardian is the most powerful class in K2, I think you are in for a little surprise.

Power to the Consular/Jedi Master (or Sith Lord...) character - even though I don't have the game yet :).

I did hear that there were 3 new Jedi Classes, one is the same idea as guardian, one similar to sentinel and one similar to consular. In that case, I will pick Guardian/whatever. I heard there was Watchman which is like a sentinel but really I don't know. Just Jedi Guardian and primary combat class for me! Besides, I go with what I am similar to and Jedi Guardian is just like me in real life so meh.

I'm happy with my choice.

Now fall to the Darkside and kill Carth! He dies in the first scene - or so I've heard. Don't know why I put this in but anyway

I did hear that there were 3 new Jedi Classes, one is the same idea as guardian, one similar to sentinel and one similar to consular. In that case, I will pick Guardian/whatever. I heard there was Watchman which is like a sentinel but really I don't know. Just Jedi Guardian and primary combat class for me! Besides, I go with what I am similar to and Jedi Guardian is just like me in real life so meh.

Now fall to the Darkside and kill Carth! He dies in the first scene - or so I've heard. Don't know why I put this in but anyway

Watchman/Assasin : Like an improved Jedi Sentinel

Master/ Lord : Like an improved Jedi Consular

Weapon Master/Marauder : Like an improved Guardian

You wanna have some backed up opinions that sentinel might be better then guardian(was in doubt myself) /about the lvl cap? I asked the guys that have the game, and answers can be found in the xbox forum in the topic "Sentinel still useless?" has some answers for both the classes AND the lvl cap.

And don't worry about spoilers or anything, I banned that (tried atleast) and it was clean last time I checked.

Well... level 20 or 50? It depends, so let us get rational.

With so many levels to gain as 50, and I talk out of knowledge of some TSL structures, we could get several options to consider.

More feats and powers. With more feats and force powers, combat would really get more diverse and fun, and they could have higher level requirements for perfectionists around. Are there enough feat and power adds for this? So we would have always something to raise up in 49-50. ;)

Leveled creatures. I think this would be great, which meant no "easy cakewalk" in whatever level you are. Creatures stats could be calculated to match your character in some way. Or AI instead. Or just in special areas. Something. >_<

It's all in proportion. :geek:

By the way, why level limit? Because level raise is xp-exponential, I think that evolving chars could only be done 1-50, and up there you would only gain level just as rank and not godlike Hp and Fp, which would only give and idea of playtime with a char.

Thats all folks!

I am that who grips the heart in fright

Hearkens night and silences the light...

Well... level 20 or 50? It depends, so let us get rational.

With so many levels to gain as 50, and I talk out of knowledge of some TSL structures, we could get several options to consider.

More feats and powers. With more feats and force powers, combat would really get more diverse and fun, and they could have higher level requirements for perfectionists around. Are there enough feat and power adds for this? So we would have always something to raise up in 49-50. :devil:

Leveled creatures. I think this would be great, which meant no "easy cakewalk" in whatever level you are. Creatures stats could be calculated to match your character in some way. Or AI instead. Or just in special areas. Something. :x

It's all in proportion. :x

By the way, why level limit? Because level raise is xp-exponential, I think that evolving chars could only be done 1-50, and up there you would only gain level just as rank and not godlike Hp and Fp, which would only give and idea of playtime with a char.

Thats all folks!

Lvl 50 isn't what you would get in the game by "legal" means, you should end up in around 25-30 once the game ends.

The creatures are made to match your level, so no cakewalk.

That's all i know, ask someone wise and old if you wan't more...

...  Just Jedi Guardian and primary combat class for me! Besides, I go with what I am similar to and Jedi Guardian is just like me in real life so meh.

BAB progression is the same for all classes so the only advantage of the guardian happens to be one extra feat and since you spend a lot of time without a lightsaber Force Jump is useless.

drakron.png

The majority of you just don't get it. Read what I am saying here. THERE IS NO EPIC LEVEL RULES FOR STAR WARS. THE GAME IS NOT MEANT TO GO ABOVE LEVEL TWENTY!

the d20 rules, which this game is based on, is balanced for levels 1 through 20 ONLY!

Sheesh. o:)

The majority of you just don't get it.  Read what I am saying here.  THERE IS NO EPIC LEVEL RULES FOR STAR WARS.  THE GAME IS NOT MEANT TO GO ABOVE LEVEL TWENTY!

the d20 rules, which this game is based on, is balanced for levels 1 through 20 ONLY!

This has been admitted by the devs themselves, albeit not explicitly:

EGM : Could you explain why some of the Force powers are so powerful? Even a little too powerful?

Chris Avellone : [We] had to remove the level cap on some of the Force powers, because what we noticed is that when you allow the player to go above level 20, with the autobalancing, suddenly powers that were once very cool, if they had a ceiling, they weren't as effective at the high levels because there's only a certain amount of damage they could do. So what we decided to do is have the powers try to scale up to character level. However, at the end the amount of damage you'e dishing out is just insane. So yeah, the balancing there wasn't able to keep up with some of the Force powers. We decided if we were going to err on the side of too hard or too easy, it'd be more tolerable to err on the side of ease.

Mike GalloYeah, and when you're that high a level, we really want the player to feel like they're badass, especially if they're dark side. We wanted them to be able to go wipe out rooms.

That's what happens when the devs act against their better judgement. ;)

Chris?  What happened?!?!?

He fell to the dark side.....as you all shall once i have my way, mwahahahahaha!!!!

P.S. Chris can be forgiven all as he was part of the team that made fallout 2 and was lead designer on the joyous experience that is planescape:torment :huh:

P.P.S. Not that i'm an unthinking fanboy or anything :p"