Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Wars: Empire at War *new RTS*

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts
LINKY

Actaully, almost sounds like Star Wars Rebellion in a few ways, just upgraded combat

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

Star Wars Rebellion

*shudders*

'Rebellion' aka 'Supremacy' has to be one of the worst Star Wars games ever...with the exception of 'Yoda Stories' of course. :)

NeverwinterKnight

NeverwinterKnight

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1320 posts

LINKY

Actaully, almost sounds like Star Wars Rebellion in a few ways, just upgraded combat

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh god i didnt even bother clicking the link when i saw the reference you made to star wars: rebellion.

that had to be the single worst video game purchase ive ever made. <_<

oherror

oherror

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Location:Some unknown world routing the troops of chaos with my brethen ultra marines...
yeah i've been fallowing this game...sounds good since most of the original c&c team are working on it.

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts
Reluctantly I must concede that the screenshots do look quite cool. ;)

Llyranor

Llyranor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6812 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Gabrielle
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Those space battles look atrocious. I mean, 2d plane?????

If you're looking for a tactical fleet simulator, look at Nexus http://www.nexusthegame.com/ Try the demos. This game is godly.

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts
I'm not looking for a tactical fleet sim :ermm:

*wonders if he should meantion that he kinda liked rebellion and yoda stories*

*thinks better of it*

NeverwinterKnight

NeverwinterKnight

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1320 posts

*wonders if he should meantion that he kinda liked rebellion and yoda stories*

*thinks better of it*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*points and laughs*

just kidding. my main beef with it was it was very the interface, imo, seemed very user unfriendly and clunky.

if this new game is more perhaps similar to civilization or something like that, then i might check it out. but if it has any resemblance to rebellion then i will steer clear, better graphics or not.

Exitium

Exitium

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 454 posts
What the hell is up with the mention of Rebellion, kumquat? This game has got nothing to do with Rebellion.

In any case this game looks like it's using the Earth3 (Earth 2160) Engine. It looks pretty good, and the original C&C developers (Brett Sperry and co) are far more innovative and 'revolutionary' than their counterparts at EA who made Generals.

I'm looking forward to this one.

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2906 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I loved the concept of Rebellion despite its poor execution. If they can combine Rebellion with Total War, that would make a pretty sweet game.

More Rebellion and Total War, less Galactic Battlegrounds and C&C.

Plooby

Plooby

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 224 posts
Hey... I liked Yoda Stories! I thought it was hillarious! :geek:

zer"0"

zer"0"

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 276 posts
The screens look good imho.
Lets hope the game is too.

BuckeyeRowe

BuckeyeRowe

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 189 posts

I loved the concept of Rebellion despite its poor execution. If they can combine Rebellion with Total War, that would make a pretty sweet game.

More Rebellion and Total War, less Galactic Battlegrounds and C&C.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I did like the concept of Rebellion.

This one does like Rome: Total War with stormtroopers. We'll see. They might do well with it if it's in the Total War mold, not C&C (which is what you just said, I'm just agreeing).

kumquatq3

kumquatq3

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3477 posts

What the hell is up with the mention of Rebellion, kumquat? This game has got nothing to do with Rebellion.

I said it sounds like rebellion in a few ways

Like you have a galaxy map with the rebellion and the empire and you select where you want to attack or build at. The Empire is a dominate force while the rebellion runs around in the out rims and such hiding till they build up their strength. You get heros that do battle or diplomacy. You build ship yards and training facilities. You carry troops on to new battles. You use troops to stop spies.

actaully, this really does seem like a RTS game with rebellion tacked on.

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

I said it sounds like rebellion in a few ways

Like you have a galaxy map with the rebellion and the empire and you select where you want to attack or build at. The Empire is a dominate force while the rebellion runs around in the out rims and such hiding till they build up their strength. You get heros that do battle or diplomacy. You build ship yards and training facilities. You carry troops on to new battles. You use troops to stop spies.

actaully, this really does seem like a RTS game with rebellion tacked on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed. And if I remember correctly, 'capturing' certain enemy heroes would satisfy a win condition.

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
Hmmm.... it looks interesting.

Child of Flame

Child of Flame

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3213 posts
I read the cover story in Feb. CGW, it was on it. Sounds really good actually. Focus is mainly on combat rather than building resources like most other RTSs out right now. Instead, you have 'income' which you get by building certain facilities, but you don't have to recruit civvie units to make you money. I like that...a lot. That's one of the things that pisses me off most about RTS games right now, I HATE having to manage peons while I'm trying to wage a war. The 'TIE' tank looks iffy though...

BuckeyeRowe

BuckeyeRowe

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 189 posts
"I said it sounds like rebellion in a few ways

actaully, this really does seem like a RTS game with rebellion tacked on."

"Indeed. And if I remember correctly, 'capturing' certain enemy heroes would satisfy a win condition."

Yes, in Rebellion you had to capture Luke and Mon Motha, or Vader and the Emperor to win. You also needed to either destroy the Rebel Base (which was moble) or capture Coursant.

I think this new RTS sounds just like Rome: Total War in Star Wars. Sounds like it could be a winner, though (Rome is a great game).

NeverwinterKnight

NeverwinterKnight

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1320 posts
after reading the linked preview im going to have to say this game looks interesting. im still going to wait to hear some more gamer reviews when its released first, but its on my "keep watching" list.

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

after reading the linked preview im going to have to say this game looks interesting.  im still going to wait to hear some more gamer reviews when its released first, but its on my "keep watching" list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You shouldn't have to worry too much, as they'll probably release a demo eventually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users