Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I was bored, so I drew an orc.

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Kalesar

Kalesar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts
Be nice.. its my first drawing in almost 6 years. For some reason stopped drawing when I graduated from highschool.

Attached File  My_Orc_Drawing.jpg   432.86KB   530 downloads

Also doing this because Im not entirely sure how to post pics in this forum yet and giving it a try.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thats actually pretty good.

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
Hey neat :)

DesertHawk

DesertHawk

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Location:Hitchhiking the Galaxy with my best friend, who just happens to be named after a car.
That's a really awesome drawing. You get a gold star for the day!

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
Not a bad drawing. Keep it up. :)

Loriahnell

Loriahnell

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 148 posts
really really good :lol: .. nice one :)

Kalesar

Kalesar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts
Drew another pic. On a roll now. Decided since I have forever till NWN2 (forever because I am extremely impatient) I would draw schetches of the people I plan to use as NPCs in mods I plan to make.

Attached File  Lucas.jpg   323.91KB   311 downloads

This guy was originaly inspired by one of my friends characters that he used during our PnP sessions a few years back. I have made some adjustments. He was origanaly a specialty priest of Azuth and was known amongst our little group as THE Magistrati, since we only ever had one... Otherwise known as Lucas. His hair, my friend explained was magicaly enchanted similar to a bag of holding... Thus we called it... The Hair of Holding. There he kept things like small wands. magic components, small gems and such. Eventualy he had reached a level in high teens and was in command of a sort of theives guild in Sigil. My friend called them the South Side Sigilites.... Clueless prime I thought... Sigil has no south side... He of course would proudly proclaim, "thats the whole point.. that way the 'man' (referring to the harmonium) would never find their hideout"... Shortly after I proclaimed that this session of characters should be retired, ocasionaly using the silly gang and its even more silly leader for NPCs.

In one of my modules I have planned the character Lucas will be changed to a theif with some magic devices. Possibly posing as a Magistrati using his use magical device to appear as such a character to the clueless population of a small Cormyr farming community.

Kalesar

Kalesar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts
A Dorf :blink:

Attached File  Dorf.jpg   331.68KB   174 downloads

Im just gonna claim that those things that look like knee cap thingys are acctualy shin guard thingys. Realized the longer I made his legs the longer the shaft of the hammer got and had to cut him short o:)

Dante-X

Dante-X

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
Those pictures have a very cool feel to them, especially the second one you posted. I am not an art major, but I think that your drawings could come more to life if you took a sharper lead and experimented with etching out some finer details.

~DX

roshan

roshan

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2425 posts
That **** is quite good. Keep it up.

Sargallath Abraxium

Sargallath Abraxium

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1323 posts

Attached File  Lucas.jpg   323.91KB   311 downloads

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...Randy Moss???... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

GirlGamersUnite

GirlGamersUnite

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
very good pics, all of them :-

Daaave

Daaave

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 950 posts
cool drawings. :thumbsup:

zer"0"

zer"0"

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 276 posts
Yeah, nice work man.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Those pictures have a very cool feel to them, especially the second one you posted.  I am not an art major, but I think that your drawings could come more to life if you took a sharper lead and experimented with etching out some finer details.

~DX

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like he's using pastels to color, which could be taking away some of the detail

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
I like them. The style is distinctive and the colors catch the eye.

Dalmir "The Dark"

Dalmir "The Dark"

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 354 posts
I really like the 'Dorf'.

However, could you try drawing one that is a little more puntable? :thumbsup:"

Kalesar

Kalesar

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts
Attached File  Captain.jpg   409.33KB   118 downloadsAttached File  Paladin.jpg   407.63KB   64 downloads

Couldnt decide how I wanted this guy to look. Personaly think I did best on the orc and the guy with the fro. The second of these tho wasnt so bad. Looks like he has a little captian in him in that one. :D

I think its because I just had a much better Idea of how I wanted them to look at the beginning that I did better on the first ones.

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
Still looks good :)

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I think you did best on the Orc because of the nose. The orc nose worked well with your style, while the human noses are too prominant. The hard straight lines for the bridge with the large nostrils stand out a little too much. Also, the eyes are too simple. With the orc, they were colored in so they weren't as noticable, with the rest, they're big white ovals. But you manage to pull off hands really well, I still can't do good hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users