Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's your favorite fantasy/si fi world?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your favorite fantasy world? (35 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your favorite fantasy world?

1. Final Fantasy (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Dungeons & Dragons (10 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Star Wars (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. Battletech (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Warhammer (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

6. Lord Of The Rings (6 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

7. Matrix (0 votes [0.00%])

8. StarCraft/WarCraft (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Half Life or an FPS (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Other (11 votes [31.43%])

Percentage of vote: 31.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Darth Reven

Darth Reven

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 199 posts
I know there are more but that as many as i could fit. And for D&D that includes all D&D games like NWN, BG ect.....

Mines probably SW.

Ludozee

Ludozee

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 867 posts
Mine would be R.E. Feists world of Midkemia (and the rest of the Riftwar setting). I think that is the best, living fantasy world there is, almost as good as SW. The reason I didn't vote SW is that SW IMO is SciFi instead of Fantasy, but anyway...

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5301 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
I don't think he meant to do that kind of distinction.

You still left out the WoD and the Post Nuclear waste of Fallout.

Darth Reven

Darth Reven

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 199 posts
sorry :"> , wasn't enough room.

romeo_longsword

romeo_longsword

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom- London, East; Hong Kong - One month a year.
From the list, I supported Warcraft. Which has a lot based on DnD anyway, however I enjoy it more than FR and other worlds of DnD (expect for Planescape setting) because they portary each races in a more balanced way, rather than "this race is evil, this race is not evil, and this is netual".

The Orc's tribal background its well "blended", and the Night Elves are really well done, shame about the ears seems more like rabbits ears.

I could not pick Middle Earth because its the grandfather of DnD and many fantasy settings, stories, its too great to be amoug all these on the list. Also, I think ME is real, not just a fantasy...

EDIT: Actually I dont know what I am talking about, I am sure undead is evil, but I hope you get my meaning that, other races are not too extream interms of good and evil, such as in NWN and some other DnD games.

NeverwinterKnight

NeverwinterKnight

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1320 posts
its a tie between star wars and d&d, but since im currently playing kotor2, i voted for star wars.

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
I like Concrete Kingsom. It is my own homebrew sci fi/fantasy that I use d20 Modern as the rule base for.

Berserk

Berserk

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 512 posts
There are many settings that I like, among my favourites are Heavy Gear for some sci-fi mech lovin'.

Ivan the Terrible

Ivan the Terrible

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1444 posts
No specific world wins by a wide margin, but I've been redeveloping my teenage love of Shadowrun recently (found a huge stack of sourcebooks in a back room), so I'll go with that.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10570 posts
Assuming that Warhammer covers both the Fantasy and the Sci-Fi setting, it's definitely my favourite. Makes Fallout look like a walk in the rose garden by comparison :p

Ivan the Terrible

Ivan the Terrible

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1444 posts

Assuming that Warhammer covers both the Fantasy and the Sci-Fi setting, it's definitely my favourite. Makes Fallout look like a walk in the rose garden by comparison :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any preference of 40K or Fantasy? Or just both combined?

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10570 posts

Assuming that Warhammer covers both the Fantasy and the Sci-Fi setting, it's definitely my favourite. Makes Fallout look like a walk in the rose garden by comparison :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any preference of 40K or Fantasy? Or just both combined?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a universe, I prefer 40k, as a gaming system I prefer Fantasy, especially Mordheim.

Darque

Darque

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 12328 posts
My Fav: 7th Sea by AEG.

Awesome Age of Sail with Sorcery and lost civilizations setting. :thumbsup:

Honorable mentions:

Warhammer (nice gritter middle ages setting without all the "fluff" you find in DnD/Middle Earth)

Legend of the Five Rings (nice feudal Japanese style game with magic) Used to be my fav but I feel I've outgrown it.

TORG (The FIRST MultiGenre RPG... I love Multigenre)

Aaron Contreras

Aaron Contreras

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 131 posts
Fading Suns - just about every genre or type of story fits into Fading Suns. I like broad settings that allow for a ton of different moods and character backgrounds. A little Star Wars, a little Dune, a little Medieval Europe.

roguefrog

roguefrog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Steam:roguefrog
  • PSN Portable ID:roguefrog
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Easily Arda wherein lies middle-earth. This has more to do with the fact that I know more about it than any other. D&D as far as a "world" is non existant. It is a rule set. Unless you mean Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, etc... Star Wars is a given for any geek.

Planescape, Fallout, Shadowrun, and Arcanum are all very interesting settings I would love to see used in more crpgs.

Also the world of the Thief series was very well done. Sort of a dark medieval steampunkish camelot. Theres this whole nature vs. technology scene going on. And a secret brotherhood trying to mantain the balance of power.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8535 posts
I prefer the post apocalyptic setting. There's something about helping civilization after a huge world destroying war that's intriguing to me. Also, I love the possibility of being able to explore the ruins of long forgotten cities, where I can actually recognize the items I find. As a bonus, I prefer games with real weapons. I've always preferred an AK-47 over a longsword +3.

My favourite RPG of all time is probably Wasteland, just so you know it.

Ellester

Ellester

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1273 posts

My favourite RPG of all time is probably Wasteland, just so you know it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would of never guessed with your avatar.:ermm:

d&d just because I grew up with it and still enjoy it to this day, so itís my favorite setting in whatever form. But, really I like many worlds/campaigns.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 5000 posts

Legend of the Five Rings (nice feudal Japanese style game with magic)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm .. based on the book(s) of Miyamoto Musashi?? (The book of Five Rings)

I like post apocalyptic as well .. but for a very twisted, and very disturbing, reason I won't reveal! :)

- Rosbjerg

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
You've always wanted to wear worn leather pants with the buttocks cut out?

The Fantasy world just in general would be Tolkiens Middle-Earth, but for CRPGs I prefer modern, present-day settings.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 5000 posts
no but that is actually quite close ..
I like to see the world in ruins .. and that in one of the reasons!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users