KotOR II soundtrack

I can put up a torrent, if there's public interest, consisting of KotOR II's 61 songs in chronical order, for those interested, streching from the "Star Wars: Main Theme" to "Ending Credits".

One of KotOR II's stronger moments were the music IMO, and when playing them again on the 'music'-selection in the menu-screen it felt a bit pale. Not only were the songs in the wrong order, some of them were missing. And to add to the top of that, the xbox gamepad is a bit clumsy compared to the mouse and keyboard for delicate matters as these.

So i managed to (i will not tell you how) to extract the all the songs + ripping some from the in-game videos in order to create some kind of flow throughout the playlist.

I wanted to do this, since Lucasarts apparantly has no intent to distribute a soundtrack. However, i will not do this until given the green light by the devs.

More to come i guess...

*UPDATE:* Sorry folks, no torrent. Read my post below for the official answer

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just mailed Chris about this, but apparantly he's in Hawaii until the 16th. Who else should i contact about this issue?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I just mailed Chris about this, but apparantly he's in Hawaii until the 16th. Who else should i contact about this issue?

Mike Gallo at LucasArts. He'll say yes, but half way through he'll change his mind. <_<

Heh, thanks. I'll try then.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Dont ask Lucas Arts on the soundtracks. LucasArts dont own any rights to making soundtracks.

More info: http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/

They took down the KotOR soundtrack because it was made by an contracted musician, Jeremy Soule. KotOR II's soundtrack on the other hand, was made by Lucasarts own Mark Griskey.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Dont ask Lucas Arts on the soundtracks. LucasArts dont own any rights to making soundtracks.

More info: http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/

They took down the KotOR soundtrack because it was made by an contracted musician, Jeremy Soule. KotOR II's soundtrack on the other hand, was made by Lucasarts own Mark Griskey.

Yeah, to bad they took down KOTOR soundtrack from that site, i like listening to it now and again.

I can put up a torrent, if there's public interest,  consisting of KotOR II's 61 songs in chronical order, for those interested, streching from the "Star Wars: Main Theme" to "Ending Credits".

One of KotOR II's stronger moments were the music IMO, and when playing them again on the 'music'-selection in the menu-screen it felt a bit pale. Not only were the songs in the wrong order, some of them were missing. And to add to the top of that, the xbox gamepad is a bit clumsy compared to the mouse and keyboard for delicate matters as these.

So i managed to (i will not tell you how) to extract the all the songs + ripping some from the in-game videos in order to create some kind of flow throughout the playlist.

I wanted to do this, since Lucasarts apparantly has no intent to distribute a soundtrack. However, i will not do this until given the green light by the devs.

More to come i guess...

*Applauds*

Great job Meshugger! I hope you get the green light, I'm really interested in the music.

:lol::lol::lol:

Still no luck getting in touch with any of the developers, i just PM:d Akari about, maybe i'll get a response by monday.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I asked KotOR2's Producer about it (Chris Parker) and he made it pretty clear that Lucas Arts would not authorize/green light/okay any such torrent. :/ While no one here at Obsidian would care, it unfortunately isn't our call to make, so we can't okay it legally from our end. And Lucas Arts is not okay with distributing the in-game music, apparently.

-Akari

Well, that's the official answer. Sorry folks, but atleast i tried :devil:

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

*shrugs*

I use it. Especially since Napster and itunes and such don't support my mp3 player. I have to "illegally download" the music in order to put it in my mp3 player. Go figure, nevermind that napster songs work in window's media, they still won't transfer over to my mp3 player.

I get stuck with things not working the simple way!

I do get slightly annoyed though with WinMX.