Why are you here?

MortalHarmony

I loved Baldur's Gate and enjoy NWN even today. I heard Knights of the Crap Republic was supposed to be the ultimate BioWare game, using everything they had learned since BG1. The result is a good game. Good, but not nearly great in any way.

I heard Dragon Age was supposed to be even better, and was really looking forward to it for a while. However, the more I hear about it, the less I like it. It can still be great, but I'm not so sure. Maybe it's because KotOR were just so average in every way.

And NWN2? Last I heard they are still using the NWN1 engine. It will of course be heavily improved in most ways, but we still get the restrictions of the first game. On the other hand. GTA: San Andreas plays pretty much just like GTA3, and yet it's far superior.

this post most originally have been posted in the NWN2 section?? or does the original poster assume everyone on the Obsidian boards are interested in NWN? because in that case you are wrong .. I, for one, couldn't care less ..

I'm here to talk about KOTOR2, but since some people aren't able to keep their mouths properly shut about spoilers, I have to reside in the "Way off topic" and "gaming and RPG" forums ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Actually, my school has some *interesting* "blocking" policies. We aren't allowed on any sites worthwile (excluding this one of course) But yet, they have removed all the bathroom doors (not the stall doors) interesting....

Is Google blocked? I find that you can get around most firewalls by doing a Google search and making the site you want come up as a link, and clicking it. I managed to do that with MY school's firewall. It seems every time they see a new site that I've visited non-school related they block it, so I just have to find ways to break their firewall. One time I managed to install Firefox on a Car Dealership's network via the Kiosk they had out so you could browse their website. I figured they had at least half a brain and had it cached, but NO it was a direct connection to the internet. I WOULD'VE used the IE they had, but they had the Address Bar disabled, and the Search Function disabled on one of the Kiosks, so I proceeded to do a search for mozilla.org (on the one with the Search Function enabled), did a temp save (as downloads were disabled) and installed from the Temp Save. Even better, they had all their logon info saved, so I later got full rights to their network after watching one of the employees logon. :D

I'm here because Obsidian is, hopefully, the successor to Black Isle Studios.

But if Google is blocked, you are so screwed.

Nowadays, blocking Google is about the same thing as blocking the Internet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm here because Obsidian is, hopefully, the successor to Black Isle Studios.

But if Google is blocked, you are so screwed.

Nowadays, blocking Google is about the same thing as blocking the Internet.

Feh, I was basically gonna say just what you just said. Depends on the system...the one at the Car Dealership I screwed around with...had no reason to have access to Google, or even a live connection for that matter. All they needed was access to their database, and a cached page for the stuff they wanted you to access via that kiosk.

However, I've yet to see a school network that had Google blocked, it's just to powerful a resource. If I do come across one though...I have some other methods, on a system by system basis of course. >_<

Actually, my school has some *interesting* "blocking" policies. We aren't allowed on any sites worthwile (excluding this one of course) But yet, they have removed all the bathroom doors (not the stall doors) interesting....

:ph34r: Bathroom doors are the corner stones of western civiliced society.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

what?? removing the bathroom doors? why?? :ermm:

I can understand the "no weapons" policy .. but no bathroom doors?? that doesn't make any sense!!

again I love Denmark .. they aren't allowed to block any sites!! muhahaha (well except for those 18+ ones .. but they usually don't bother .. at least I've heard .. >_< )

Fortune favors the bald.