KOTOR III

ok I think in kotor 3 that it should start with a huge fleet coming out of the unknown region of space. A fleet led by the last of the true sith race. Who we find is also in command of another starforge but this one is mobile and built by the sith who was one of the slave races of the great builders (Rakatan)the sith are the race responsible for starting the revolution that destroyed the great builders.

The sith fleet with starforge is coming back to those outpost worlds to find out why they stopped receiving a signal from the original SF and find that the sith are gone and in a rage start destroying the galaxy.

Trailing the siths is a small fleet of ships led by Revan who found in his searching a group of all races and force sensitive's gathering to....

(LS)Fight this sith menace and put an end to the last great evil who was the one responsible for the Mandalorian wars.

(DS)Learn the true power of the sith and Revan wants to become the greatest ruler of all by destroying the sith Lord and taking his place!

The exile character has found Revan and is his #2 guy/gal (LS/DS)

(LS/DS)Revan and exile run around the galaxy picking up both of there teams and trying to discover the location of the sith fleet.

In there travels they find that Duxun is swarming with activity and find that the sith's atempts to revive Fredon Nadd have succeeded and has taken over the Mandalorians Like Exar-Kun did and that Mandalore/Canderous is now his apprentice. And with the combined forces of the sith and Mandalorians they are waging war on Onderon and Telos.

(LS)save Mandalore and attempt to slay Nadd (but he flees to the true sith race's fleet)

(DS) Kill Nadd and reclaim Mandalor's loyalty to Revan

Well I have a lot more story but I'll shorten it abit

Telos station get carth and/or bao dur

Telos enclave get handmaiden and or Atris and/or Dustil (yes Dustil)

Dantooine get Bastila and/or disciple and/or Juhani

Narshada get Mira and/or goto

Kashikk get Zalbar and Mission or hanhar

Korriban get Visas

Tatooine get New Character a Jedi possibly Jawa (would be funny If he fights like Yoda in ep2) and/or Jolee

Unknown world get a force wielding Rakatan (LS or DS)

HK and T3 are still on the Ebon Hawk and are with Revan and the Exile.

As for game play you play both Revan and Exile at times in character creation you make two Characters build them as you like Jedi or sith both about level 20 and it also determines what characters you have to look for.

(side note) wouldn't it be fun if the love interest in #3 would be between Revan and Exile? :D then Bastila could get into a jelous fight with exile or atris/handmaiden/Visas fight revan ;)

ok I think in kotor 3 that it should start with a huge fleet coming out of the unknown region of space. A fleet led by the last of the true sith race. Who we find is also in command of another starforge but this one is mobile and built by the sith who was one of the slave races of the great builders (Rakatan)the sith are the race responsible for starting the revolution that destroyed the great builders.

The sith fleet with starforge is coming back to those outpost worlds to find out why they stopped receiving a signal from the original SF and find that the sith are gone and in a rage start destroying the galaxy.

Trailing the siths is a small fleet of ships led by Revan who found in his searching a group of all races and force sensitive's gathering to....

(LS)Fight this sith menace and put an end to the last great evil who was the one responsible for the Mandalorian wars.

(DS)Learn the true power of the sith and Revan wants to become the greatest ruler of all by destroying the sith Lord and taking his place!

The exile character has found Revan and is his #2 guy/gal (LS/DS)

(LS/DS)Revan and exile run around the galaxy picking up both of there teams and trying to discover the location of the sith fleet.

In there travels they find that Duxun is swarming with activity and find that the sith's atempts to revive Fredon Nadd have succeeded and has taken over the Mandalorians Like Exar-Kun did and that Mandalore/Canderous is now his apprentice. And with the combined forces of the sith and Mandalorians they are waging war on Onderon and Telos.

(LS)save Mandalore and attempt to slay Nadd (but he flees to the true sith race's fleet)

(DS) Kill Nadd and reclaim Mandalor's loyalty to Revan

Well I have a lot more story but I'll shorten it abit

Telos station get carth and/or bao dur

Telos enclave get handmaiden and or Atris and/or Dustil (yes Dustil)

Dantooine get Bastila and/or disciple and/or Juhani

Narshada get Mira and/or goto

Kashikk get Zalbar and Mission or hanhar

Korriban get Visas

Tatooine get New Character a Jedi possibly Jawa (would be funny If he fights like Yoda in ep2) and/or Jolee

Unknown world get a force wielding Rakatan (LS or DS)

HK and T3 are still on the Ebon Hawk and are with Revan and the Exile.

As for game play you play both Revan and Exile at times in character creation you make two Characters build them as you like Jedi or sith both about level 20 and it also determines what characters you have to look for.

(side note) wouldn't it be fun if the love interest in #3 would be between Revan and Exile?  :D  then  Bastila could get into a jelous fight with exile or atris/handmaiden/Visas fight revan  ;)

Buddy, NADD is gone, he's dead for good, ain't no coming back. Exar Kun destroyed his force ghost.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

All those disadvantages can be looked over.

1. Save race changes for the Star Wars game after KOTOR 3.

2. I really don't see how this matters. Plus your PC would start as a Jedi and with a Lightsaber

3. The Exile would still need a name, and Revan would be Revan.

KOTOR is Revans Story, he is Luke Skywalker of the Series. Granted he wasn't apart of KOTOR 2 but his presence was still there, and that I think would make others want to be him again in KOTOR 3 to finish his story for the last KOTOR game of the era.

Conclusions of stories usually have the gang get back together. I mean I don't even think we need a lot of new NPC party Members in the next game.  This would be about 30 or so dominant characters were present and apart of the story in ONE era. This is why most RPG's don't continuie stories, but KOTOR has done so. A mixture of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 Pary Members would be suitable, with a few new one's.

My list would be

Jolee

Mira

Boa-Dur

Zalbarr

Bastila(continuie love story with Revan)

The droids:

Exile

Handmaiden

That's it

Mandalore would be leading the Mandalorians, in a non-player role like Carth. He would be on Mandalore gathering any Mandalorians left from the Sector to battle the Sith. 

Carth is leading the fleet against the Sith

This game is the Return of the Jedi of the KOTOR games, meaning it would be a very simple game with a very simple cast. This is the end. To destroy the Sith, the hidden enemy that has started everything.  I would even hope that a lot more Cutscene's would be used to make the game more like KOTOR in that motion picture format. No need for a whole new Party or a whole new Hero. Doing that makes this series importance dwindle, the characters of old would be pushed to the back, and that just wouldn't work when a Hero is already been chosen.

I think you touched a very good point. But we have to remember that not everyone's KOTOR "saga" is the same. For some Revan was a female, others male, Revan was light or dark...not to mention that in some peoples stories, certain party members were actually killed. I mean, if/when they make a 3rd installment, I DO NOT want to see Carth leading anything because in my view, I/Revan killed him off long ago.

But, like I said, not everyone believes the same story as myself. Whomever makes the 3rd KOTOR has to take in all these variables and THAT is a monumental task...unless they make it where you have a tutorial which tells the game what happened.

I'd personally like to have another character to develop. Have Revan doing whatever, the Exile doing his/her own thing, and the 3rd P.C. doing his/her thing....but the plotlines of all three eventually converging into one cohesive storyline that makes all 3 KOTORS make sense (ala. ANH, ESB, and ROJ)

....or maybe I just have very high hopes.. >_<"

Buddy, NADD is gone, he's dead for good, ain't no coming back. Exar Kun destroyed his force ghost.

Well ok I just Read up on that and my bad! :">

But the Real Bad is Obsidian because they just screwed themselves because in the game they say that the sith are tryin to bring back Nadd in the temple!

Well i guess it's just one more story glitch that Obsidian can chalk up on there record! >_<

oh.... and Jolee was awesome.... I hope he comes back, at least for a cameo if not as a member of the party.

I agree, everything about Jolee was right: personality, dialog, voice, etc. I also think one of the best things about KOTOR I was Carth. Now, let me explain was I mean: yes, Carth is an irritating crybaby, but a VERY BELIEVABLE crybaby. Carth helped keep one foot in the real world and made the experience more immersive because of it IMO.

I think it would be good with the KOTOR crew and some of the KOTOR II crew join together go on a mission together to seek Revan out however if this occurs you either play again another Jedi who strong in the force and are sent by a outcast (unbeknownest to you a survivor from KOTOR and KOTOR 1) to find the heros of KOTOR and KOTOR 2,again you get a new set of characters on the way,some of the old will possibly join your party and you all go off to fight the true sith together etc...in the end depending on you descison you can either join up with Revan and the exile it apose against the both.

but again the story could be different all together.

again :)

There is going to be a KOTOR III :thumbsup:

Yes, there shall be a KOTOR 3. But you'll have to wait a very long time for it.

I want Bioware to do KOTOR 3, I liked the first KOTOR so much. That game is just truly amazing.

The "unofficial" official word from their forums are... They aren't interested in doing it, because they're going to devote their efforts into their IP projects.

No, Revan must be the main character.

I don't see a future for the Exile, he/she is a wound in the Force that in my opinion needs to be stopped.

On the contrary, i think that Obsidian is up to something on that issue. Isn't it rather curious that a former Sith Lord and giant

force wound

are the only ones going after

the True Sith?

. They can wield quite some power when having a force bond, don't you think?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

By former Sith Lord you mean Revan?

Yes, since he left Republic space he/she has no empire to be Lord over ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like the idea that if there is a KOTOR 3, a new main character is needed. I also like the idea that the main character would start as a padawan w/ a master w/ the quest of finding Revan and the Exile.

You could probably avoid gender and LS/DS problems concerining Revan and the Exile by answering a few questions similar to talking to Atton in KOTOR 2.

The exile should come back as the new Nihilus(DS)... or as one of the few remaining Jedi Knights to aid Revan.(LS)

He's a wound in the force, he has the potential to kill the force, thus his story should not be over yet. Since he has no real name/gender, he may still be used in future games.

I didn't read the whole thing but I can tell you have too much time on your hands.

You cant blame him if he is visiting home from college during winter break and all his friends are somewhere else.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

*Please note-this is primarily an idea for LS players, though I have tried to accomidate LS/DS decisions into this somewhat. It's up to the developers to make the good/bad scenarios.

Now then...

How's about this-you start out as Revan about 10-15 standard years after KotOR II, and you have discovered the weakness of the ancient "True Sith" in your wanderings beyond the outer rim of the Republic. These Sith discover you, and hunt you visciously, fearing that you will give their secret away. (As to the secret-I'd leave that up to the developers)

You must struggle and fight your way through their empire back to Republic Space, with the intention of alerting the Republic to this new threat so that it can be destroyed forever. However, Sith spies have put a tracking beacon on your ship, and you unwittingly lead the entire Sith fleet to Atris's former academy on Telos (which has by now more than 3/4 recovered), where the Jedi, under the jurisdiction of the Exile, Visas, the Handmaiden, and Bastila are regrouping. There are Padawans and newly knighted Jedi everywhere, and they all either hail your return or attack you, depending if you're light or dark.

Regardless, you tell the Council of 4 about the new Sith threat. As you do this, their massive fleet drops out of hyperspace, but does not fire upon the planet, instead choosing to occupy it and twist it to their own ends, shooting down any ship that tries to escape without the proper codes. (They're all infinately smarter than Malak ever was-especially their shadowy leader, who speaks only through holograms kind of like Goto, except he's acutally real. And maybe one of the actual Sith "species" from millenia past too).

The Handmaiden is enraged (she never seemed too capable at controlling her emotions to me) that you have brought this upon them, but depending upon a dialogue and gender choice earlier in the game, Bastila is either the happiest woman in the world or indifferent to your prescence. Visas and the Exile (who should have set genders and voices, I think, as Revan was a clearly superior character in the first game, and therefore should be granted the role of PC) are logical about the situation, and impart all that Jedi-gunk about fighting the dark side and how Jedi should act in defense and not bring harm to others. Blah Blah Blah.

You obtain the codes to escape the Sith through the Exile's Telosian contacts, and most of the Jedi make it safely to the world of Ithor, where the Ithorians have allowed their most sacred rule of no one ever being allowed to step onto the planet's surface to be broken for the sake of the galaxy. A temporary academy is set up. It's the perfect hiding place-no one would suspect the Jedi to set up shop on a world where they supposidly can't even land.

Anyways, the Council saddles you, (Revan) with the new responsibility of using this newfound weakness to destroy the True Sith Empire forever. They grant you the party of Bastila, HK-47, T3-M4, Atton (who has been somewhat trained as a Jedi Sentinel), and a very annoying young Jedi who is Padawan to Bastila. I think that her padawan should be one of those little green Yoda-like creatures, with Yoda's attutude early in "The Empire Strikes Back", yet still quite wise. He/she's a replacement for Jolee.

Carth is too busily trying to organize a defense against the Sith (who strangely enough don't go for Couruscant-they care nothing for the Republic, only the fact that you have their secret, and the other issue of wanting to exterminate the Jedi. As I said, they're smarter than Malak.). But they do officially wage war on the Republic because it tries (and fails) to get Telos back from them.

Canderous (Mandalore) is pretty open at this point-I can't decide what to do with him. I'm leaning towards getting rid of him.

Juhani and Jolee, you find out much to your chagrin, were killed on Katarr (*weeps for Jolee, even though he'd probably already be dead by natural causes by the time this takes place*), and Zalbaar (is that how you spell it? He's the cheiftan now, anyways.) lends assistance by assigning you one of his best Wookie warriors (you have to have a walking carpet). You are also to help Bastila train her first Padawan if you're LS and didn't kill her on Telos. She's way our of her league, but is obstinate as usual to your offers of help. Also, you really make headway into the Bastila/Revan romance started in KotOR I (if you're a guy) :thumbsup: . If you're a girl, you can make sparks fly with another member of the crew, the rest of whom are up to the developers to create. I think it'd be neat to have a Yoda-like creature in the group, but that's just me.

Later, you pick up the Wookie warrior on a visit to Kashyyyk (sp?) when you drop by to see Zalbaar. Mission Vao (who is slightly more mature) is elated to see you if you didn't kill her in KotOR I, and joins your party without taking no for an answer.

You visit many (at least 8 total) different planets (and for the love of God, let us go to Coruscant this time!) in your quest, and either save the Jedi or ensure their destruction forever.

Some ideas for planets would be Sullest, Ithor, Coruscant, Nal Hutta, the ruins of Taris, and other planets within the boundries of the True Sith Empire that only Revan knows about to this point. All choices are ultimately left up to the developers.

As to technical issues, I think there needs to be better graphics, better framerates, better loading times, and less (read: WAY LESS) bugs than were in KotOR II. The engine needs to be updated.

So, what do you think? Obviously, many changes have to be made to allow DS players, but as my username clearly states, I'm overtly biased towards the blue end of the spectrum.

I don't know weather this should be the last KotOR-there seems plenty of story potential later on (say, about 3000 years into the future with the whole Darth Bane and the Jedi Army of Light thing). It's just too good a concept in my mind to kill after 3 games. Then again it could get boring, and it may be better to retire it before people start to hate it and let it pass on with dignity. I can't make up my mind.

Any add ons or modifications are welcome to be presented.

I like the idea of two storylines. A couple pages back was the best idea. Have the Exile lead a party into the Unknown Regions to search for Revan. You could go down a checklist, recreating Revan as he/she was. If he/she loved Bastila/Carth, then Bastila/Carth might insist on coming, etc. If the Exile is light side, have it start in Coruscant. If he was dark side, have it start in the ruins of Korriban, where he some how finds what exactly Revan was doing and set out to help destroy the "True Sith." Perhaps with the end of Kotor II and the events surrounding it, we have a basis for why the Exile may no longer feel the Force, and must reconnect. You would then go about searching for clues to Revan's whereabouts.

This would take place say only a few months to a year after the events of KOTOR II because the end of KOTOR II is not something these "True Sith" are going to take kindly. Thus eventually, the Exile finds Revan, Revan explains what the hell he/she's been doing the last 6 years (in his battle scarred Mandalorian Assault Armor w/helmet), and the Exile returns to known space to rally the Republic/Mandalorians/whonot against an impending invasion, or if Dark Side, perhaps the Exile slays Revan who is a threat to the Exile's power, or convinces Revan to join him in destroying the Sith and the conquering the Republic, and the Exile then leaves to prepare fleet/armada.

From here, you take the role of Revan. All the EXP that the Exile had would transfer to Revan, and you would continue. Revan may be joined by Carth/Bastila, or other members the Exile may have brought along depending on his/her alignment. Revan would then set about destroying the True Sith, discovering other stuff, perhaps betraying the Exile and whatever plans he had, and continuing the game.

In the end, you might have some huge sequence like on Onderon in KOTOR II, in which Revan does one thing concurrently with the Exile, ending the game in a satisfactory manner.

But at the end we know a few things.

1)The True Sith must be destroyed. Revan or the Exile must destroy them, either for power, or for the good of the galaxy.

2)Either/both characters, if having fallen to the Dark Side, must die. Any other outcome would be impossible, as it would signal the end of the Republic, which does not happen until Palpatine.

It would be interesting to have the Exile plan with Revan to destroy the Republic, only to have Revan return ready to stop the Exile, culminating in some titanic lightsaber duel between the player's two characters. Revan would not betray his true motives to the Exile until the very last battle, similar to Revan's situation on the Star Forge (if not working for the Republic, than with concurrent goals). The situation could also work in the opposite. The Exile might return to bolster the Republic, only later to discover Revan plans to take it over. The player would then choose who he/she wanted to play in the final battle.

The only draw back here is that if you chose the dark side character, he/she has to die, like something out of Hamlet. The Light Side ending would be different, with perhaps Revan and the Exile defeating Sith Lords (and no continuance, i.e. te above mentioned showdown), just straight to a very satisfactory ending with Revan running off with Bastila into the pleasant hills and valleys of Dantooine, and the Exile gettin it on with Mira on Coruscant or some nice posh place (you know Mira would eat up the life of luxury)

Not bad if I do say so myself....They should hire me...However, I am not perfect, and there "may" be a few plot incongruities here, so if you have suggestions/critiques, go ahead. I can take it....

Well, one way I can think of to start with both Revan and the Exile, at starting levels, and able to set the light/dark side path from earlier games is the following...

Start of Game - Select portrait, stats, etc for your character. Both would start of at least as Jedi, or even one of the prestige classes from KOTOR2. Either give a set of bonus feats and skills based on the class choices, or additional points/special feats to represent their past experience (like 'War Veteran' in 2). This basically covers deciding who/what you played in the first games.

Why are they weakened? Basically they found the Evil Sith Empire. Either the Sith somehow stripped them of their powers or otherwise cut them off from their access to the force, or the area of space their empire is in somehow disrupts the flow of the force.

The game starts with them captured by the Sith and interrogated. The course of the interrogation would basically outline your choices from the first two games as far as lightside/darkside, who you killed or saved, and who you trained as Jedi, etc. The Sith ask about your past, your allies/enemies, etc. Or if you 'refuse to speak', you still make the choices as the questions force you to think about the past. Which might be better, actually, since you could insert short cut scenes showing light/dark side versions of the characters, and if they died show them falling, etc.

After this, the characters are thrown into cells, manage to communicate with each other and work together to escape. (even if they're opposite alignment, I think they'd work together at least that much).

Gameplay after this has a few options.

1) The two stay together, but the designers find a way to force them into splitting up when they get to main missions (I'll take my group to fight through the forest of Endor's moon to turn off the generator, you take your group to infiltrate the death star). They could either do this on the same 'planet', or have them split up because two problems emerge at once, and they need to deal with both. They'd either need two ships, or to drop off someone and come back (which could lead to a rescue mission at some point).

2) The two go their seperate ways, either working to the same agenda (both the same alignment), or working to cancel each other out (opposite alignment). What one character does in a place the first time can have repercussions for the other character if they go to the same place later, or just have two seperate storylines with seperate sets of planets (or some seperate planets and a few shared).

In the end, your two PCs band together, to fight the big bad Sith guy. Of course, if their alignments clash, you get one big problem that eventually they're going to have to have a confrontation at the end, since only one 'side' can win out. In that case, I'd think you'd basically have to pick which character you want as your main one in the final duel, and play as them, abandoning one of your characters. Which actually might give you something like the emotional impact of the big 'Revan Reveal' from KOTOR1.