Revan, the Exile & KOTOR 3 (if it is ever made)

A-hem. People here have been debatting about KOTOR; whenever it'll be made or not, whenever they should continue it or not, etc.... and from these discussions, a small thing of interest has stirred my interest. So, don't misunderstand; this is not a "We should get KOTOR 3!" thread, rather it's a small curiousity I want to check, so to speak. Looking at what people have commented that they would want KOTOR 3 to be like, assuming that they (Bioware, Obisidan or someone else who takes up the challenge) do make it, I have made a small collection of three preferences that I see among th epeople here, added with a few ideas of my own... Either you play KOTOR 3 like this:

1. You play as a third character whose story gets entwined with that of Revan and the Exile's at some point and you'll encounter them both at some point in the game. Eventually they'll travel together with you in your party and act as party members, through I'm not sure how this would work. After all, a problem is that neither Revan nor the Exile had any voices when we played as them, so either they'll have to give both of them voices or they could choose to not do so, giving us simply subtitles (yeah, that might feel kind of... lame, but at least we'd understand why they did this).

2. You play once again as BOTH Revan and the Exile from two story perspectives, either from the very beginning (giving you the alternative to "play as either 1. Revan 2. Exile when you start a "new game") or the prespective between the both stories switches during various points in the game. Eventually both Revan and the Exile meet each other at the end or very close to the ending and either join forces or fight each others (through I'm not truly sure of how that should be done if they pick the later of my suggestions (switched perspetives thorugh various point of the entire game; how would you choose who to "be" in the end?)

3. You play as a third character and eventually encounters Revan and/or the Exile and either fight or join forces with them depending on your choice in the beginning of what alignament they were, your own alignament and so on). They wouldn't join your party thorugh, but you'd still have the chance of encountering them later in the game, like: say that you encounter Revan and he is Light side as are you too and you choose to help him attack a sith temple or something like that; then when you enter the temple you'd see him locked in a fight with some pesky siths and then he goes on figtning them and so on.. I think you get the idea.

So, what do you think? Which of these 3 would be the way you'd like KOTOR 3 to be? Or do you have other suggestions? (mind you, I do realize that some will probably shout at this point "Don't make KOTOR 3 AT ALL!" and you're free to do so, but not too loudly, please ^_^. I ain't blind ;)).

• Like 1

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Haven't played K2 yet, but I've been all for option 2 for quite some time. Play them both, have them meet, and if they're on different sides of the light/dark fence, fight. If not, the Exile takes up his place as general to Revan. The thing is, that means a lot of ingame content to be written, lots of npc dialogues, and twice the number of planets, with all that work I doubt it'll be done. Whatever they do I SERIOUSLY hope we don't have another first level character, and certainly not another amnesiac.

Yup and you keep on senselessly bashing it all over the forum... its what your highness obviously does best :)

Lets see...

I spent my money on this game.

This game does not deliver what was promised.

This game does not convey the story in a sensible fashion.

Horrible endings.

Broken influence system.

Disgusting item randomization.

Enemies with absolutely no decent AI.

Impressively small maps with quests that require you to run from map to map to map to map, spending more time loading then actually playing.

--

This game does not deliver a remotely bug/glitch free experience.

This game no longer has Live support, therefor destroying the chances of getting some kind of fix for that.

So, I feel XBOX users were screwed as used as the test monkeies for this game. I'm going to voice my opinion on this until *I* get bored with it. You have four options, in a sense.

Grow up and deal with it.

Leave the forum.

Stop reading my posts.

Continue your crusade of defending a game you don't even own.

I feel sorry for anyone who has to write the story for KotOR III. First are the variables from the previous games:

- Was Revan male or female?

- Was The Exile male or female?

- Was Revan LS or DS at the end of KotOR?

- Was The Exile LS or DS at the end of KotOR?

- Which npc's survived the events from the previous games?

-

Who are the true Sith?

That's the most difficult part to write IMO.

And to wrap it all up, the game will probably be ROTJ of the KotOR-series, good luck to anyone who can write a good story with all those variables included.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yup and you keep on senselessly bashing it all over the forum... its what your highness obviously does best :-

Lets see...

Horrible endings.

Broken influence system.

Impressively small maps with quests that require you to run from map to map to map to map, spending more time loading then actually playing.

--

This game no longer has Live support, therefor destroying the chances of getting some kind of fix for that.

So, I feel XBOX users were screwed as used as the test monkeies for this game. I'm going to voice my opinion on this until *I* get bored with it. You have four options, in a sense.

Leave the forum.

Stop reading my posts.

Man, I used to be that way. Hmm... Well, my suggestion to you is to act responsibliy. No one forced you to buy the game. No one forced you to play the game. No one forced you to be a test subject. Don't like the game, return it and get something you will like. I am not defending the game, just using some common sense. If you feel like you were screwed, well welcome to the 20th century America where getting screwed over is a common place if you are dumb. Next time, be smarter.

Yup and you keep on senselessly bashing it all over the forum... its what your highness obviously does best :-

Lets see...

Horrible endings.

Broken influence system.

--

Leave the forum.

Stop reading my posts.

Man, I used to be that way. Hmm... Well, my suggestion to you is to act responsibliy. No one forced you to buy the game. No one forced you to play the game. No one forced you to be a test subject. Don't like the game, return it and get something you will like. I am not defending the game, just using some common sense. If you feel like you were screwed, well welcome to the 20th century America where getting screwed over is a common place if you are dumb. Next time, be smarter.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Lets see...

Horrible endings.

Broken influence system.

--

Leave the forum.

Stop reading my posts.

Roflmao... couldnt of put it better even if i was a trained professional :D

• Like 1

Man, I used to be that way.  Hmm...  Well, my suggestion to you is to act responsibliy.  No one forced you to buy the game.  No one forced you to play the game.  No one forced you to be a test subject.  Don't like the game, return it and get something you will like.  I am not defending the game, just using some common sense.  If you feel like you were screwed, well welcome to the 20th century America where getting screwed over is a common place if you are dumb.  Next time, be smarter.

Don't even try to lecture me. Your knowledge of the situation is null, since you don't even own the game.

No, but I have been in similar situations with other games, most notably Neverwinter Nights. Now that game has been heavily supported and heavily modded, which you can't do on an X-Box but Obsidian made the best game they could in the time frame allowed by Luas Arts. Ask yourelf this, do you think you could do better with the same level of resources and time as Obsidian?

No, but I have been in similar situations with other games, most notably Neverwinter Nights.  Now that game has been heavily supported and heavily modded, which you can't do on an X-Box but Obsidian made the best game they could in the time frame allowed by Luas Arts.  Ask yourelf this, can you do better?

It was Obsidians choice to release the game in December.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo. "We recently completed a very important milestone which confirmed we can confidently do this."

If I was a game designer, then yes, I could do better, because I have the motivation to not fail in things that I do. Apparently, Obsidian was out for the quicker buck, since it was their "hope they could bring it out in December". The time frame given to them by Lucas Arts, stretched all the way into Feb, as a Dec - Feb release date constantly bounced around up until Mike made this announcement in September. At that point, Obsidian apparently knew what kind of product they had, and knew what they could do in the remaining months before the release.

They failed. Their vision on a the "quality of The Sith Lords" is so low it's pathetic.

And knowing that the game was rushed out you still bought it.

You're an idiot... You will apparently never get it.

Read the goddamn quote from Mike.

They had till Feb, so LA didn't rush them. They claimed it would be a quality product, due to the "important milestone" they hit in September. AFTER the game was released, is when people found out what "quality" means to Obsidian, and it's entirely different than the quality of the former BIS.

Idiocy runs rampant here in regards to people not owning the game making claims against people that do.

I read the quote, and you choose to believed it while I did not.  Who is the bigger idiot?

Lets see, you were planning to buy the game on the PC. So you couldn't get it in December anyway. By your own post, you thanked the XBOX users for saving you $50.

So, that quote meant jack**** to you. Don't try to play yourself off as some wise being. Had the PC game been released along side of the XBOX, you would have been there getting it the same day I did.

But here, let me do you a favor and go ahead and type your inane response that you'll no doubt want to type.

"No I wouldn't, I always wait, cause I'm super smart."

Yeah, ok. Bye.

To the first post, I take Option 2. I actually came up with that idea first (atleast I think) then suddenly it popped up in a couple of threads here.

I want you to choose between Exile and Revan when you press/click New Game, choose Female/Male, and you should also be able to tell the game if Revan or the Exile is Male or Female.

And eventually in a later point of the game Revan and the Exile end up meeting eachother to work together.

To the first post, I take Option 2. I actually came up with that idea first (atleast I think) then suddenly it popped up in a couple of threads here.

I want you to choose between Exile and Revan when you press/click New Game, choose Female/Male, and you should also be able to tell the game if Revan or the Exile is Male or Female.

And eventually in a later point of the game Revan and the Exile end up meeting eachother to work together.

That sounds like a cluster **** waiting to happen...

Oh, silly Epiphany, your name is quite ironic. I was already iffy on buying the game before it was released for the X-Box. I was at the 50/50 stage of the game. You X-Boxers clenched it that I would not buy the game so I was being polite and conveying thanks.

As for not believing Developers it has nothing to do being wise. Its called being experienced. Let me give you a bit of advice, never believe the developers or publishers when describing their game. They are like snake oil salesmen. :p

Oh, silly Epiphany, your name is quite ironic.  I was already iffy on buying the game before it was released for the X-Box.  I was at the 50/50 stage of the game.  You X-Boxers clenched it that I would not buy the game so I was being polite and conveying thanks.

As for not believing Developers it has nothing to do being wise.  Its called being experienced.  Let me give you a bit of advice, never believe the developers or publishers when describing their game.  They are like snake oil salesmen.  :p

What the **** are you talking about? You really are clueless about the whole situation.

Please do yourself the favor and add me to your ignore list, so that in the future, you don't have to concern yourself with matters you know nothing about. I will do the same, so I don't have to read inane ramblings from people that don't own the game speaking from their ass on a forum that's dedicated to said game.