Revan, the Exile & KOTOR 3 (if it is ever made)

Mike Gallo doesn't work for Obsidian, sillies. Mike Gallo is/was in chrage of the LA branch of the project. Also the developers don't say when the game will be released, that's the job of the publisher. A publisher says "Game's ready to go now!" and ships it out the door. The developer just makes the game and polishes it to the breaking point.

You know what I hate? People who think they're so-cool-and-oh-so-smart so they can go around cussing everything out. Sorry, it just lowers your credibility and makes you look moronic.

Personal bias = okay.

Keeping your own personal bias to yourself (in your case, your bias to bioware) = Priceless.

Now, back to the real topic. I'd like to see Revan and Exile maybe show up in the game. Both characters have had their good, long run. It's really time for something new.

To you, and the other guy crying about Mike being LA only.

Please read this. You notice that Mike was considered a producer, and Chris said that he could always be trusted in interviews and information regarding this project. Chris talked about how he busted his ass to get things done and whatnot, for Obsidian.

What he said, echos the feelings of Obsidian as far as I'm concerned, based on this interview.

Queue fanboy rally. Have fun.

You know what I hate? People who think they're so-cool-and-oh-so-smart so they can go around cussing everything out. Sorry, it just lowers your credibility and makes you look moronic.

Had I said that over and over, or pointed out all the horrible flaws in this game, you'd still be crying to your mother because someone doesn't like your game.

You know, I think it's really easy to call everyone who liked the game a fanboy. Did it occur to you that some people actually did like the game? And furthermore, I think it really helps your cause if you adress people in a less offensive way.

You know, I think it's really easy to call everyone who liked the game a fanboy. Did it occur to you that some people actually did like the game? And furthermore, I think it really helps your cause if you adress people in a less offensive way.

1) Did I claim everyone that liked the game was a fanboy?

2) Don't tell me how to address people, you aren't my mother.

1) Did I claim everyone that liked the game was a fanboy?

2) Don't tell me how to address people, you aren't my mother.

1) No, but you implied it.

2) I never told you how to adress people, I only said that (here it is) I think it really helps your cause if you adress people in a less offensive way.

Had I said that over and over, or pointed out all the horrible flaws in this game, you'd still be crying to your mother because someone doesn't like your game.

Things like this never cease to amuse me.

As for what I think about the topic, well, I can't say anything about the exile cause I've yet to play TSL, but as far as Revan goes, his story has to end. It'd probably be better if KotOR 3 was set perhaps half a century or even a century later in a galaxy that has to deal with the repurcussions of the actions of the two main characters (Revan+Exile). It could be really good if they managed to write a good story for it, but, thats just my opinion in a sea of other people's opinions.

1) No, but you implied it.

2) I never told you how to adress people, I only said that (here it is) I think it really helps your cause if you adress people in a less offensive way.

1) You assume too much

2) I'm not sure where you're from, but when people tell you things like "And futhermore, I think it really helps your cause...", they're pretty much telling you to do something.

But hey, you assumed something, and I assumed something. Neato, now don't worry about my posts anymore please.

As I said before, you bought the game. No one forced you. You are probably an American. Americans, for the most part, hate taking personal responsibility for their actions. They like to blame other people.

You believed the hype. You bought the game. You played the game. Deal with it.

As I said before, you bought the game.  No one forced you.  You are probably an American.  Americans, for the most part, hate taking personal responsibility for their actions.  They like to blame other people.

You believed the hype.  You bought the game.  You played the game.  Deal with it.

I think he can't hear you :ph34r:

As for what I think about the topic, well, I can't say anything about the exile cause I've yet to play TSL, but as far as Revan goes, his story has to end.  It'd probably be better if KotOR 3 was set perhaps half a century or even a century later in a galaxy that has to deal with the repurcussions of the actions of the two main characters (Revan+Exile).  It could be really good if they managed to write a good story for it, but, thats just my opinion in a sea of other people's opinions.

Well, that's also an idea. If so they could put both Revan and the Exile's story in the past in a "good way", so to speak. But I dunno how they'd form the story for that...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

As I said before, you bought the game.  No one forced you.  You are probably an American.  Americans, for the most part, hate taking personal responsibility for their actions.  They like to blame other people.

You believed the hype.  You bought the game.  You played the game.  Deal with it.

I resemble that remark! *ahem* I assure you, not all of us are like that. Just some of the louder ones. A quiet majority is donating millions to tsunami aid as we speak so that they can write it off on their taxes this year. :)

....Why are you glaring at me? o:)

Yep, if I were him I would return it, and get a game that I do like. That would, IMO, be the smart thing to do

a) You can't return games in my city

b) Returning it won't change the fact that I'm displeased with this product

c) Whether I have the game in my collection or not, it will not change the fact that I'll continue to post my thoughts on this game till I'm ready to stop

Console gamers don't have the luxury of patches, especially when the brilliant people behind the game decide to pull Live support.

Sell it on E-Bay or smash the discs.

If you are that psychologically scarred by a bad game, get psychiatric help.

c) Whether I have the game in my collection or not, it will not change the fact that I'll continue to post my thoughts on this game till I'm ready to stop

See above.

Console gamers don't have the luxury of patches, especially when the brilliant people behind the game decide to pull Live support.

I agree with this, but it was stated that there was going to be no lLive support before the game was released, yet you still bought it.

Yep, if I were him I would return it, and get a game that I do like. That would, IMO, be the smart thing to do

Or, if it's too late to return it, he could sell it off as an used game. He'd probably not get as much for that, but it's a better alternative than having a game in your collection that you truly dislike, I suppose...

Anyway, Epiphany, now you've told us ten times over that:

1. TSL is a bad game.

2. That neither LA, Obisidan or George himself is to be trusted...

*sarcastic* Yeah, thanks for the warnings, I think we've got the idea, no need to shout further about it.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

As for what I think about the topic, well, I can't say anything about the exile cause I've yet to play TSL, but as far as Revan goes, his story has to end.  It'd probably be better if KotOR 3 was set perhaps half a century or even a century later in a galaxy that has to deal with the repurcussions of the actions of the two main characters (Revan+Exile).  It could be really good if they managed to write a good story for it, but, thats just my opinion in a sea of other people's opinions.

Well, that's also an idea. If so they could put both Revan and the Exile's story in the past in a "good way", so to speak. But I dunno how they'd form the story for that...

Well, filling plot holes would be pretty easy. Basically you have a character that plays some role in dealing with said repurcussions and while things are taken care of what happened to Revan/Exile grows clearer and is, not necassarily at the end, revealed. I'm pretty sure someone could make a pretty good story out of that.

Or, if it's too late to return it, he could sell it off as an used game. He'd probably not get as much for that, but it's a better alternative than having a game in your collection that you truly dislike, I suppose...

Anyway, Epiphany, now you've told us ten times over that:

1. TSL is a bad game.

2. That neither LA, Obisidan or George himself is to be trusted...

*sarcastic* Yeah, thanks for the warnings, I think we've got the idea, no need to shout further about it.

What the **** are you talking about? Oh I get it, the whole "hey lets put stuff into his mouth to rally everyone behind me" routine. Gotcha

But anyway... What is this pointless effort to try and get me to get rid of the game? WHO GIVES A **** IF I STILL HAVE THE GAME OR NOT?

Sell it on E-Bay or smash the discs.

If you are that psychologically scarred by a bad game, get psychiatric help.

See above.

I agree with this, but it was stated that there was going to be no lLive support before the game was released, yet you still bought it.

I have to agree with your last point. It was very clear there wouldn't be any Live support.

The ranting does continue to serve a purpose, because people who haven't yet bought the game and come here to check it out will see only the undying love for the game of various fanboys such as jaden, and then they'll think it's great and then your method of game selection will fail hades.

The ranting does continue to serve a purpose, because people who haven't yet bought the game and come here to check it out will see only the undying love for the game of various fanboys such as jaden, and then they'll think it's great and then your method of game selection will fail hades.

True, but when those people go around saying things like, "Hey, if you like the game then go play hide and go **** yourself," it just gets ridiculous. There's been a bunch of mud flinging already, over a game for chrissakes! I just think that's incredibly immature/irresponsible/megalomanic, and that isn't exactly something most people either appreciate or consider seriously. I'm not saying everyone does so, but a lot of them do. Kudos to those that make thought out and well formulated replies without needing to resort to flaming. Wow, I sound like a friggin moral figure. I need a drink.

To you, and the other guy crying about Mike being LA only.

Please read this.  You notice that Mike was considered a producer, and Chris said that he could always be trusted in interviews and information regarding this project.  Chris talked about how he busted his ass to get things done and whatnot, for Obsidian.

What he said, echos the feelings of Obsidian as far as I'm concerned, based on this interview.

Queue fanboy rally.  Have fun.

priceless. we point out how you are clearly WRONG about mike gallo and who he works for, so instead of conceding that that part of your whining has no merit, you insist that 'he echos the feelings of Obsidian'. thats just stupid and anyone who reads your posts should realize how little credibility your crying has.

you were wrong. mike gallo is the producer for lucasarts for the sith lords. lucasarts. say it with me. lucasarts. if you want to continue to say the game sucks, by all means, do so. but dont lie about proven facts in the process.

K2 is mediocre in a nutshell, inferior to the first game. For those of you who don't even own K2, yet insist to overwhelm this forum with your opinions, STFU.

If there is a K3, I will definitely not buy it, I don't care who the developer is.

- dr cloak

K2 is mediocre in a nutshell, inferior to the first game.  For those of you who don't even own K2, yet insist to overwhelm this forum with your opinions, STFU.

If there is a K3, I will definitely not buy it, I don't care who the developer is.

- dr cloak

out of curiosity, which current games (or semi-recent games) would you consider 'good'? im not being condescending or flaming you, id just like to get a better idea what you consider good so that i can gauge your response to kotor2 compared to what you like.

K2 is mediocre in a nutshell, inferior to the first game.  For those of you who don't even own K2, yet insist to overwhelm this forum with your opinions, STFU.

- dr cloak

Don't patronize me an tell me to "STFU", thank you. I am entitled to have my own opinion, and I would like to make up my own mind about TSL. <_<

- dr cloak

That is your perogative of not getting the next game as much as it is my perogative not getting the second. Unlike you I made sure that iKotOR 2 is a game I wanted before shelling out the cash which would be the intelligent thing to do. Don't blame me if you aren't smart enough to make an informed purchasing decision.