A new breed of Characters and Gameplay.

They need a Sith Lord who is TOTALLY ROUGE. No HELP from NO ONE. No friends. His purpsorse unclear. His species unique. Something different. Something unexpected.

rogue. and wasnt that sort of what the exile was anyways? atleast in terms of choices and which path you could follow throughout the game.

There shoudl be NO good guy or bad guy. Lets face it. Good and evil is based on experiece. Let the player discover what good and evil really is rather than just have the kight in shining armour always comin to save the day..

as many people have said, this is a star wars game. good and evil epitomizes what the whole ideal behind star wars is about. would being able to play as a 'grey' character be interesting? you bet. but it just doesnt fit the star wars mold and id rather it be kept that way.

KOTOR 3 should ahve 30000 lines of dialouge. The devs have 2-3 years for this one.

not sure about this part. i dont think the number of lines of dialogue determine quality of the game or story. its all about how well written and presented it is. as for the development cycle i dont think there should be a specific time frame. i think the time frame should reflect what needs to be done and how long that will take. saying that it should be 2-3 years doesnt necessarily fix anything. if a project only takes a year to make, then whats the point in having it lingering around unreleased for another year? at most, a couple of extra months of bug fixing and QA sessions, but thats about it. so therefore, it should take as long and as little to develop as the game requires.

The gameplay should be 'different and unique'

i have no clue what you even mean here since you didnt bother to actually give an explanation of what you view as 'different and unique'. many would argue it already is unique.

Make it different, artisically brilliant, and the a defining game of our decade.

again, this is rather subjective. the kotor series, for all intents and purposes, has been a 'defining game', atleast in terms of star wars games released.

Exactly my point, and the villain could be established as such, or they could just be enigmatic. :blink:

Indeed :D. Well, we shall see what ideas they'll come up with with KOTOR 3 - if there willb e a KOROR 3, of course. Hmm. I come tot hink of Bloodlines; one of the characters there I found to my liking was Maxmillian Strauss, the Tremere Primogen/Regent. In the vampire world, few would trust a Tremere considering their dark history, but Maxmillian has the kind of character and behaviour that makes him trustable despite his clan's dark history and his own, carefully hidden motives. Such a character in a KOTOR 3 could be great indeed :D.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Exactly my point, and the villain could be established as such, or they could just be enigmatic. :blink:

Indeed :D. Well, we shall see what ideas they'll come up with with KOTOR 3 - if there willb e a KOROR 3, of course. Hmm. I come tot hink of Bloodlines; one of the characters there I found to my liking was Maxmillian Strauss, the Tremere Primogen/Regent. In the vampire world, few would trust a Tremere considering their dark history, but Maxmillian has the kind of character and behaviour that makes him trustable despite his clan's dark history and his own, carefully hidden motives. Such a character in a KOTOR 3 could be great indeed :D.

Very true but does LaCroix ooze slimyness? Also nines just gives of the cool rebel thing! Like James Dean or Han solo!

Very true but does LaCroix ooze slimyness? Also nines just gives of the cool rebel thing! Like James Dean or Han solo!

Yeah, LaCroix is also kinda the thing you want if you want a "polite" villain. Nines is cool in his own way, but I cannot completely agree with his point of view - I more agree with Tung's statement "Law and Order is a kindre's friends". Ming Xiao is also a "good" villain; acting all polite, but behind the shadows she has some dirty stuff going on indeed; she was ultimately behind the kidnapping of the Nosferatu we're sent to Chinatown to seek for, thus she put you in serious danger all over, but tried to hide it - and she STILL acting all polite, trying to get you on her side until the very end...

=Master Cypher]Tea and biscuits...right? Because if I don't get my tea and my biscuits...

You too? :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Master Uthar was great at that. I really liked his voice and his way with words. In a totally different set of circumstances, I think he would have made a great endgame villain, infinitely better than Malak and his Ming the Merciless laughter.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I think Gary Oldman has played some great villians in movies like Leon/The Professional.

He was also a comic villian in The Fifth Element, and the classic villian in Bram Stoker's Dracula.  He played the political villian in The Contender.

I think that Malcolm MacDowell is brilliant as an evil psycho bastard bad guy.

Alan Rickman! (w00t)

At least in this Kevin Costner Robin Hood thingy, he was THAT :-

'I'll get you Robin. And when I do, I'll gouge you're heart out with a SPOON!' 'Why a spoon, cousin? Why not a fork or a knife--' 'Because it's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more.'

;):-:lol:

Alan Rickman!  (w00t)

At least in this Kevin Costner Robin Hood thingy, he was THAT :)

'I'll get you Robin. And when I do, I'll gouge you're heart out with a SPOON!' 'Why a spoon, cousin? Why not a fork or a knife--' 'Because it's dull, you twit, it'll hurt more.'

:):lol::lol:

Hell yes. Alan Rickman has played some of the most charismatic villians. That's all I want, some villian who is charismatic and doesn't sound forced when being evil.

"They need a Sith Lord who is TOTALLY ROUGE. No HELP from NO ONE. No friends. His purpsorse unclear. His species unique. Something different. Something unexpected."

disagree. we can't disagree enough.

purposes unclear? species unique? why? villains exist to give the hero something to overcome... is why they is referred to as "antagonists." as a writer, you can go the grendel/sauron route if you wish... has the faceless Evil that must be vanquished, but the truth is that all such villains is pretty much identical. why does sauron want to rule middle earth? 'cause that is what Big Bad Villains do. why does grendel kill those in hrothgar's hall? 'cause that is what monster's do. such villains has names, but little else as far as attributes go... they simply exist. grendel is the darkness just beyond the doors of the hall. he is evil/wilderness... back before the tree-huggers made us think that wilderness were a good thing.

the other kinda villain is human... is always human, no matter what species it is. if villain is some completely alien puddle of quasi-tangible dust that can only exist in our universe along the event horizons of black holes, such a villain must be human to have any impact whatsoever... must have human motivations and responses. such villains must be human 'cause they is ultimately gonna represent some human flaw as the Evil that needs be overcome. make completely alien and make purposes unclear and you defeat usefulness of such a villain. empathy is essential to develop such villains.

bah.

it ain

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)