To all naysayers yet to play the game

kotor 2 sucks!!!!,  mastagaw es un chupamedia mas del fan club de obsidian

You suck. espuma. :thumbsup:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I am not part of the fanclub of Obsidian Sifixs. You people around here are an example of ruining the game for someone who hasn't had the chance to judge it themselves your're making Hades doubts he already had worse. Other people read and then it affects their own opinions before they form them its subliminal. Oh well its Christmas Eve no point in trippin. mastaGAW es muy inteligente y guapo. Ya can't fool me with yo espanol da*n it.

Hmm. Just adding a comment here: I've lately been "spoilerered" enough to know at least some of the bad points of the game that people complain about. While some of the stuff I've been hearing, particulary the stuff regarding the story have made me feel soemwhat dishartened aboutt he whole thing, I've also heard quite a big amount of praise about other parts of the game from close acquiences of mine, so overall, my opinion hasn't changed much: I'll still get KOTOR 2 as soon as it gets out for PC. After playing through it twice, I shall post my final judgement of it here. And that, for the time being, is all I'll say regarding this matter.

Edit: Oh, and for the sake of saying it.. Merry Christmas, everyone! :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

They can naysay till they are blue in the face. From all i have seen so far, the force looks strong with this one. Really glad the story looks so cool!.Thanks for bringing us the second chapter OE, pre-odered already for PC from Amazon.uk.

Funny that i see the same whiners here as i did before and after the release of KoTOR 1, on the Bioware forums. And look how well that one done eh :devil:

The story is nothing if the game mechanics are crap. There needs to be a balance of a good story and good game mechanics.

@ DarthNipples: I always play on difficult/hardcore mode with such games. In the way they made KotOR the challenge just wasn't there. This game isn't made for hardcore veteren gamers, but for casual newbies.

The story is nothing if the game mechanics are crap.  There needs to be a balance of a good story and good game mechanics.

@ DarthNipples:  I always play on difficult/hardcore mode with such games.  In the way they made KotOR the challenge just wasn't there.  This game isn't made for hardcore veteren gamers, but for casual newbies.

Ahh, unfortunate it is made for casual newbies. They don't give us enough credit. I would guess the majority of the Kotor gamer-base are intelligent, and serious RPG fans, that are more than capable of receiving a good challenge.

The same thing occurs in Newspapers. The writers of many Newspaper articles across the Nation are instructed to write no higher than 7th Grade Education level, in order for 'Mass America' to comprehend them better.

- dr cloak

They can naysay till they are blue in the face. From all i have seen so far, the force looks strong with this one. Really glad the story looks so cool!.Thanks for bringing us the second chapter OE, pre-odered already for PC from Amazon.uk.

ROFL. And what exactly have you seen? A bunch of biased reviews? It's been a long time since I have actually seen a review which actually said a game is bad. At most they will say something like 'wasn't as good as expected' or something like that.

I find it really sad when people allow others to define what's good and what's not for them. It seems to me like you are pretty biased yourself and the hype as gotten to you already. Too bad for you.

In many ways, KotOR 2 is an insult to the gamer's intelligence.  Obsidian needs to know that gamer does not equal dumb.

Err... Hades man, you know I usually agree with you in these matters but this is somewhat irrational. You haven't even seen the PC version yet and you already consider it crap. Chill man, it's still not out there. There might be hope for K2 yet.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I know the game mechanics, number-man, and the game mechanics determine how easy or how hard a game is.

That's assuming a whole lot. Even though the game mechanics allow for uber munchkin PCs, that doesn't mean there can't be challenging situations. A couple of thermal detonators could mean trouble for the player, for example. What I saw in K1 is not as much a problem with game mechanics as it a lack of creativity when designing battles. Usually no enemies will make use of anything else that whatever it's on their hands. Not even combat feats FFS!

I don't like the level cap being raised past 20, but if they were going to do it, they should have balanced it with something. Be it more complex battles, or a completely different level scaling system.

Anyway, I will not judge a game before I play it, unlike you do. Prejudices are always a bad thing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Raising the level cap in of itself is not a bad thing. Its mainly the gear/equipment bonuses, as well as a couple of "I WIN" force powers that hurts it.

If you're going to have one piece of equipment give you a total of 12 attribute points, you need to ramp up the strength, A.I., damage output, frequency, etc. of the enemies you face.

- dr cloak

Raising the level cap in of itself is not a bad thing.  Its mainly the gear/equipment bonuses, as well as a couple of "I WIN" force powers that hurts it.

It's more of a problem with how Jedi classes are balanced in the D20 than anything else. Usually, a character's power is divided between their equipment and their abilities, but that is not the case with Jedi. These guys are deadly with no equipment at all.

If you're going to have one piece of equipment give you a total of 12 attribute points, you need to ramp up the strength, A.I., damage output, frequency, etc. of the enemies you face.

Not really. The battles should be designed in such a way that the player's weaknesses were exploited. Be it attacks needing a successful Will save, cornering the player and using carbonite projectors, or whatever. I don't like the idea of having buffed out enemies which don't make sense storywise just so they are a challenge for the player.

That is the probelm with rampant leveling and making changes to a rules system and making even more unbalanced.

KotOR 2 should have been closer to the actual rules system. Hell, Permenant death and Wounds/Vitality alone would have balanced it out a great deal. Add in that force powers take away from one's Vitality and BOOM Jedis are just as strong as everyone else. Make the 40 to 50 hour game have proper level pacing and Obsidian would have a definite winner.

I rather not risk $50 and play it safe.  The game has nothing to offer to me.

C'mon Hades. You have to atleast give the PC version a shot. Regardless of how critical you are about the game, I can say with certainty that you will have FUN. After you beat it, then you can bash it some more rofl

- dr cloak

I really hate to side with Hades, but.....

the only things KotOR II has over KotOR I are->

- Higher Level Cap (a bad thing, IMO)

- More Force Powers (give variety)

- More Feats (ditto)

- Better use of skills (Except Persuation, liked the use of awereness)

- Better Robes (but no hoods, other than visas and kreia)

- More upgrades on lightsabres (like we'd need the most powerful weapon in SW to be MORE powerful).

But then again, I'm not a 13 years old fanboy, who'd probably love the game.

I didn't like it....

... That however, doesn't mean that other poeple can't enjoy it.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.