To all naysayers yet to play the game

The people at Obsidian worked their asses off to make something for other people. How would you feel if people did nothing but whine and flame about something you put your heart and soul into?

If you don't like the game, then great. Leave it at that. Return it, get your money back and spend it on something else.

Honestly?

If I were a game developer, I would shrug and say, "it comes with the territory."

I have yet to be on ANY gaming message board which didn't feature ludicrously unrealistic optimism prior to the release of the game followed by dozens of flame wars between people who hate the game and people who love the game. The reason why is obvious enough: prior to release, a game's message board attracts the diehard fans, and after release, the game's message board attracts either those who were especially pleased or especially displeased with their purchase, along with some bitter former fans suffering from abused naivete and others dedicated to defending their beloved game at any price.

If you're a developer, you either develop thick skin vis a vis the people who are saying that your work is absolute crap and they'll never buy from your company again....or you stop visiting your game's official message board, at the very least until the extreme opinions of both sides cool a bit. I think there's a reason we see Developers so rarely on this board now.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Honestly?

If I were a game developer, I would shrug and say, "it comes with the territory."

I have yet to be on ANY gaming message board which didn't feature ludicrously unrealistic optimism prior to the release of the game followed by dozens of flame wars between people who hate the game and people who love the game. The reason why is obvious enough: prior to release, a game's message board attracts the diehard fans, and after release, the game's message board attracts either those who were especially pleased or especially displeased with their purchase, along with some bitter former fans suffering from abused naivete and others dedicated to defending their beloved game at any price.

If you're a developer, you either develop thick skin vis a vis the people who are saying that your work is absolute crap and they'll never buy from your company again....or you stop visiting your game's official message board, at the very least until the extreme opinions of both sides cool a bit. I think there's a reason we see Developers so rarely on this board now.

FULL ACK

Alright, found him:

cains.jpg

Still, I don't have a clue what you are aiming at  :">

He was the Lead Developer of Fallout. His latest game was (if I understand correctly) the buggy, brainless mess of The Temple of Elemental Evil.

That is what we call a fall from grace.

Though not really, when you think about it. Tim Cain seems to have a problem with having great ideas for games, then releasing them with major gameplay issues which detract from the whole. Even Fallout was much too short, and had the same sort of problems with redundant dialogue we're seeing in KOTOR II (i.e. you kill the head boss, and then run into some NPC the developers had expected you to meet earlier warning you about how all-powerful the head boss is and how you don't stand a chance against him.)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

SquareEnix makes quality RPGs Ender and I know Nintendo's second party companies such as Intelligent Systems and Camlot can too. I love RPGs but I'm a diverse gamer. I love action/adventure games like Spiderman and the whole Zelda series, sports games, and classic arcade games before my time like PacMan and Galaga. If games get boring which happens when I play them too much(many of my games I haven't beat yet but will eventually come back to such as Super Mario World that my brother got in 1992 that I didn't beat for 10 years because if I play too long I'll want to do something else eventually and usually its not playing another game) I'll find something else to do which isn't usually watching TV. Being a diverse gamer as I am I believe it gives me a more open mind when playing games and I'm not restricted to a certain strict mindset which is why I have no problem with the ending since I see where its coming from. From the moment I brought the game I kinda expected a cliffhanger.