A list of RPGs in development

Shadowstrider

I would really like to play The Fall. I loved Fallout, and even when Fallout 3 have been cancelled this would be a little bit like it.

I can`t find The Fall `s homepage.Does anyone know it?? :rolleyes:

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

No D&D CRPGs under development. :rolleyes:

Hey what happened to Fallout 3 in the end?

Fallout 3 is no longer in production. Once Interplay officially dies the license and what was finished of the game will go to Interplay's parent company, Titus. What happens next is anyones guess.

• 3 weeks later...
No D&D CRPGs under development. :(

Hey what happened to Fallout 3 in the end?

Fallout 3 is no longer in production. Once Interplay officially dies the license and what was finished of the game will go to Interplay's parent company, Titus. What happens next is anyones guess.

And Titus themselves have filed bankruptcy. It's very feasible that both Interplay and Titus will die this year and then the remaining scraps should be up for sale to interested parties. :huh:

Yeah, but you can't make your own character. No thank you. We have gotten enough of these types of CRPGs with the Gothic series, KotOR series, and PS:T

That's probably because a too high diversity of character devlopement (race, class, stats) wouldn't fit the today's RPGs standards, which are trying to be more cinematic-like and linear, probably for the sake of the "lazier" (?) way to tell a story.

And since the protagonists of PS:T or Kotor are key figures of the story that just requires some restrictions in terms of character developement (Playing a Gnome in PS:T? No thanks. No Jedi in Kotor? Uhm but the story...) for proper "story functionality", it's just a logical conclusion that much RPGs today aren't really free-form in that regard.

But this is not a complaint, because I like those games mentioned above including Gothic (II) all in their own way.

But what I'm complainig about is that there's definitively a lack of RPGs like Fallout or Arcanum today, with a more melodramatic, emotional-driven setting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you had only modern machines in mind, but there are STILL other platforms :p)

www.newcomer.hu

Actually, this game is still in development, since we are working on revision 3. (there will be a harddisk support for example to be able to play it more smoothly)

If you have or had a liking for that little machine, try this one for a change. If you like long and complex story driven hardcore rpgs, You won't be disappointed (not even in the world of PCs I can assure you).

Thanks for your time

EnderWiggin

"Is it being released next week? Can I preorder it yet?"

If you mean Newcomer , the game is already freely downloadable from our site. (appreciationware) Or... if you want a package, you can order it from Protovision. The next version will have a lot of fixes and enhancements. (bugfixes, new proofreading, NTSC fix and other hardware compatibility issues)

Base 16 Entertainment is making an RPG called Kalibur Revenge. The name is subject to change but I think it has a nice ring to it. They just started on it so dont expect ot see screenshots yet. My sig is the link to the forums. Its scheduled to come out in a few years.

:):):):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yet another (hrm) Neverwinter Nights clone appears:

Fallen Kingdoms

It seems to be an action-RPG set in a 3D world, using their own character system and their own IP.

If you're interested and want to see a movie from the game:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_6584.shtml

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I would like to put your attention to a promissing game that is announced as strategy, but after reading the preview IMO has mane RPG elements: Sid Meier's Pirates.

What do you think?? ;)

Nik.

I think the name Sid Meier its enough a reason for those who had played the first Pirates game. :lol:

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world