Do You Think KOTOR 2 Is Suitable For Xbox?

Hello Ladies and Gentleman Of Earth :lol:

I just wanted to ask a question I have been hearing all soughts of opinions of KOTOR 2,I have heard postives and negtives about the game but I am not going to voice my opinion at this present moment.

I just heard that there are a lot of bugs in KOTOR 2 for Xbox and I was just wondering do you think K2 is suitable for Xbox?

It probably is designed for Xbox and I couldn't agree more but I was ust wondering what people out there think out there.

So Do You Think KOTOR 2 Is Suitable For Xbox?

I agree its for Xbox as long as the bugs are fixed, I believe people paid alot of money to play this game and some of those people are getting continusous bugs.

and please no spoilers ;)

PEACE

Cheero

Bastilla Skywalker

:thumbsup:

I think so. The only real bugs I know of are the slowdowns, and a few game glitches here and there. In all, there have been fewer bugs and glitches then I remember hearing about from the original KotOR.

I never ran into any real "bugs" with the original KotOR. I ran into a glitch here and there, but nothing that really took away from the story. For KotOR2 I had mild trouble with the battle slowdown, but can not think of any glitches I ran into the first time around.

My understanding is that the changes to the KotOR engine were made with the PC in mind, which is why the slowdowns are more prevalent (the existed in the original too) this time. They certainly make me wonder how QA could let it through, but in the end it didn't make me want to quite.

Overall, yes. KotOR2 is suitable for the XBox.

yeah i haven't noticed any glitchy type stuff yet, in fact its been pretty bad ass. i had a lil choppiness in one of the fights in the beginning, but so far it seems to be an isolated incident. no real complaints from me.

btw Bastilla Skywalker i saw your sigs u made at kotor.com! very nice!! ;)

Hello Ladies and Gentleman Of Earth :lol:

I just wanted to ask a question I have been hearing all soughts of opinions of KOTOR 2,I have heard postives and negtives about the game but I am not going to voice my opinion at this present moment.

I just heard that there are a lot of bugs in KOTOR 2  for Xbox and  I was just wondering do you think K2 is suitable for Xbox?

It probably is designed for Xbox and I couldn't agree more but I was ust wondering what people out there think out there.

I agree its for Xbox as long as the bugs are fixed, I believe people paid alot of money to play this game and some of those people are getting continusous bugs.

and please no spoilers ;)

Well, I played through the whole thing and while there is occassional lag, I only came across one truly glitchy moment, but I had been playing the thing straight for knows how many hours. So all in all, yes I think its very suitable for Xbox as is. In my observation the game is certainly more than playable and enjoyable on Xbox.

And while I feel the need to defend the XBox against console-bashers (and PCs against PC-bashers) the XBox is a limited system that likes to heat up, and has but 64 megs of memory.

I expect it to struggle a bit and lag from time to time. It's a 733 processor with a 5 year old GPU, and 64 megs of memory!

besides the framerate drop occasionally (for like a second, maybe), there's no issues for me......and what bugs/glitches? I know I keep multiple save-files anyway, so even if one save got messed up, I have back-ups. Do PCers not have to worry about all that?

The game is GREAT; I'm about 18+ hours in now, and my only complaint is the loading screens -- if they could have optimized anything, that woulda been it. Other than that though? Excellent gameplay, story, voice-acting, etc.

Count yourselves lucky. I would love to find out the root of the problems I have been hearing about and the one I am having. I have had no prior XB problems but with this game its crazy. I get onto the Ebon Hawk for the first time, fight in the turret, take down the three sith guys and then it loads and I get a completely black screen. plenty of actions sounds but no picture. I have gone back to prior save points but I always get the freeze in the same place. This glitch seems to be commen place with this game. it just seems to occure at different times for other users. I am sure that the game is have difficulty with slight differences in XB hardware. Or maybe its a batch of bad disks. Either way it really sucks and you will lose it if it ever happens to one of you.

Hello Ladies and Gentleman Of Earth :thumbsup:

I just heard that there are a lot of bugs in KOTOR 2  for Xbox and  I was just wondering do you think K2 is suitable for Xbox?

and please no spoilers :)

PEACE

Cheero

Bastilla Skywalker

:-

Yes, of course it is. I've encountered some slowdowns, but nothing just terrible (except once or twice and I don't know why). And the framerate issues are weird because I experienced bad slowdown fighting 5 or 6 people in a small area such as

when you're fighting that crazy black dude after you've ran through the Enclave sublevel

but get not a single bit of slowdown when fighting 10 or 11 people in a very large area in Telos, just strange.

Also I've noticed some glitches when it comes to conversation as well. After a cutscene it would show a glimpse of the last scene in the cutscene right before you started that quest, it is very hard to explain and I'm not going to give an example because it would be a spoiler. Sometime the dialogue also loops with the same answers\questions as before whereas in the first game sometimes these disappeared. But some of you guys never experienced anything which is quite odd :thumbsup:.

But from what I've played it seems that maybe QA didn't play the game enough, or maybe some issues weren't addressed. Sometimes someone would tell me something or I'd say something and I'd have no idea where it would come from because no one said it before. I think the game could've used those extra two months and have gone through more bug\glitch testing. But LA rushed it to meet a Dec. release so I'm not really mad about that seeing as how KotOR 1 had been developed for about 2-3 years and it still had bugs.

But maybe I've got a defective game or something.

Also I've noticed some glitches when it comes to conversation as well. After a cutscene it would show a glimpse of the last scene in the cutscene right before you started that quest, it is very hard to explain and I'm not going to give an example because it would be a spoiler. Sometime the dialogue also loops with the same answers\questions as before whereas in the first game sometimes these disappeared. But some of you guys never experienced anything which is quite odd .

This reminds me of the bug (PC Version) of the cutscene in the undercity where Calo Nord kills 3 black vulcar gang members. Right after that the fps dropped thru the floor, and when u were going thru the area where the cutscene the fps drops again, just as badly. Bio fixed it, I think it was a memory link, but I'm not sure.

Count yourselves lucky. I would love to find out the root of the problems I have been hearing about and the one I am having. I have had no prior XB problems but with this game its crazy. I get onto the Ebon Hawk for the first time, fight in the turret, take down the three sith guys and then it loads and I get a completely black screen. plenty of actions sounds but no picture. I have gone back to prior save points but I always get the freeze in the same place. This glitch seems to be commen place with this game. it just seems to occure at different times for other users. I am sure that the game is have difficulty with slight differences in XB hardware. Or maybe its a batch of bad disks. Either way it really sucks and you will lose it if it ever happens to one of you.

that sucks, Tobiass. I'm on my second Xbox, as the first one's HDD died, taking my MORROWIND save-files with it (buh-bye countless hours of my life!). This Xbox hasn't had any issues with software yet, and now that I think about it, I suppose I got graphical glitches in KOTOR2 (like the odd transition with previous scene), but honestly thought nothing of it, since the game didn't lock-up or whatever.....I have yet to cross a game-breaker, or a black screen. I'll post if and when, though.

that sucks, Tobiass. I'm on my second Xbox, as the first one's HDD died, taking my MORROWIND save-files with it (buh-bye countless hours of my life!). This Xbox hasn't had any issues with software yet, and now that I think about it, I suppose I got graphical glitches in KOTOR2 (like the odd transition with previous scene), but honestly thought nothing of it, since the game didn't lock-up or whatever.....I have yet to cross a game-breaker, or a black screen. I'll post if and when, though.

After attempting to play Morrowind (gonna try and get back into it, it is a damn big game) and seeing the massive, drawn out quests and how truly open-ended it is I can only give my condolences at the anguish you must've felt.

After attempting to play Morrowind (gonna try and get back into it, it is a damn big game) and seeing the massive, drawn out quests and how truly open-ended it is I can only give my condolences at the anguish you must've felt.

thanks, man. I'm just glad that MORROWIND saves can fit on the Xbox memory cards as well -- I backup all the latest saves onto it. Too bad I can't do the same for KOTOR!