Why did obsisdian remove all Xbox Live features

I'm not sure as to whom was responsible for leaving the Live feature out. I think I remember some dev post saying that since they didn't have enough time to do everything, Live was going to be left out, but LA probably had something to say about it.

LA = WTF?

You should go to starwars.com and watch some of the behind the scenes videos for Episode III.

After watching a half dozen of these videos, I started to see a pattern of redundancy in the amount of people they use to accomplish something simple.

For example, there is one shot showing 3 people controlling a hydraulic system that moves a vehicle. There were 3 steering wheels all next to each other. One controlled yaw, one controlled pitch, and the other controlled something else I can't remember. They had one person behind each wheel!! LOL!! Talk about overkill. No wonder the company is losing money.

- dr cloak

That doesn't change the fact that both are responsible for the game.

Yeah, I didn't try to take the blame away from Obsidian. If Obsidian decided that there wasn't enough time for the Live features to be in, and LA allowed it, then both are to blame, obviously. However the final decision rested in the hands of whoever is in charge at LA.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yes, I've noticed that anything that's not in harmony with your preconceptions is irrelevant to you. Very sad if you ask me.

Don't put too much stock in typed words, my friend.

Back in the early 90s, I worked at an Automotive Engineering company. My boss (extraordinarily smart guy) had a habit of cutting you off in mid-sentence. You would start talking to him, and before you could say your 5th word, he would quickly say "Irrelevant!" and walk away. He sometimes used "Inconsequential!" and "Insignificant!" as well.

Initially people took offense to this arrogant brashness. But in time, they grew to appreciate it. Fact of the matter was his mind was normally occupied with a dozen things at once, and if what you had to say wasn't important enough to supersede any of these thoughts, you were immediately cut off lol.

- dr cloak

That jedimafia guy does my head-in, he thinks their no new weapons or levels & he's complaining about the game when he has'nt got it yet, :- I know some US xbox owners have tech problems but it is'nt obsidians fault it's lucasarts for publishing game early to make more $$$ from xmas shoppers! >_<

I said it from the beging Obsidian the new developer was Lazy as heck, they never in almost 2 years got the light sabers to cast a colored "glow" as they shoudl and they never even bother to give us the ability to have hoods up or down. Ok fine

But the straw that broke the camels back was when six months before Release they remove all Xbox Live functionaility they are so lazy. They could have just used the Originals Implemenatation

This is a sequel a step forward not a steap back and removeing features the originals Live capabilities were fine DLC and auto Updates to fix bugs now no patches or glicth fixes

what a let down I fear this game may hit the dreaded 8.5 score or below.

BBoi Weapon :blink:

You're upset, but upset for the wrong reasons. You have no idea what you're talking about.

XBox Live allows for downloading of new content, like maps. XBox Live can not PATCH games. XBox Live cannot change the original executable since it's on a DVD. The .xbe file can not be changed in any shape or form by XBox Live.

The first game wasn't patchable, and the second wasn't either.

And hoods couldn't go up and down because the XBox couldn't support it. The devs had the feature in, and it killed framerate. That's not laziness. That's living within limits.

The XBox only has 64 megs of memory. You may not be aware, but the XBox can only do so much.

And hoods couldn't go up and down because the XBox couldn't support it.  The devs had the feature in, and it killed framerate.  That's not laziness.  That's living within limits.

The XBox only has 64 megs of memory.  You may not be aware, but the XBox can only do so much.

I think it was more of a problem with pushing the engine limits than the hardware limits of the Xbox.

But even if you are right and the Xbox can't support it, maybe the PC could. It's such a shame that the PC version isn't featuring some nice little gimmicks just because they were cut out for the Xbox version.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.