• Luke Skywalker
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ben)
    • Ulic Qel Droma
    • Mace Windu
    • Qui-Gon Jinn
    • Revan
    • Kyle Katarn (Jedi Knight series)
    • Jaden Korr (Jedi Knight Jedi Academy)

I'd say Luke, he toppled a Galatic Empire that controlled almost the whole of the galaxy, and defeated the two most powerful force users of his time.

He also screamed like a little girl.

And if he beat the Emperor, it must have been in the EU, since he would've been roasted alive if Vader hadn't intervened in the movies.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

with me it was a 3 way tie betweeen anakin,luke and yoda, in that order. Yoda being last because for being so called the most powerful jedi of his time, he didnt even kno he was talkin to a sith master for 20 freakin years, probly longer.Also he lied to luke -from a certain point of view, about the force, that little muppet.Luke came second because for all of his strengths he gave in to his urges too much, like anakin but luke was guided better in my opinion, he grew up in the right type of family and had obi to protect him. Anakin came 1st because it wasnt really his fault that he was turned, it was the councils neglecting his true potential-they payed for it big time too, and he and luke were the only ones to complete their destinies. Also anakin was completely un appreciated in his time by everyone except padme and the emporer, so no wonder he turned dark, he was drawn to 2 things forbidden by the "code" of the jedi. plus he scored wit padme-natalie portman biatch

I'd say Luke, he toppled a Galatic Empire that controlled almost the whole of the galaxy, and defeated the two most powerful force users of his time.

He also screamed like a little girl.

And if he beat the Emperor, it must have been in the EU, since he would've been roasted alive if Vader hadn't intervened in the movies.

He sure as hell did, he managed to resist what the emperor offer him, something his father couldn't do, but I guess that sort of victory is a little to well hidden for most eyes :huh:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

after reading more of the posts i gotta disagree wit nur ab sal-even tho i agree wit him most of the time. Saying that yoda or luke had the "purest of heart" is absolute bull****. everyone had their darkside-Yoda ran away to Dagobah for so along because nearly all his students were killed and he ran away from sidious, so thats not "pure" luke wasnt pure, but the entire reason the jedi order fell was because they were too strict, i mean the only reason luke wasnt fried was because he appealed to his fathers feelings, which was love, and that was something the jedi had forbidden. So the pure heart saying does. not. make sense.

Lucas has stated that darth vader is the strongest but he is not who i would pick, ulic qel-droma is my favorite, he was just beginniing went to the darkside, and then overthrew the exar kun, and still made it to a jedi master with having been restricted to the force.

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

He sure as hell did, he managed to resist what the emperor offer him, something his father couldn't do, but I guess that sort of victory is a little to well hidden for most eyes :wub:

That's not exactly what I would call 'defeating' him. If Vader hadn't stepped in, Luke would have been a Light Side corpse, and the Emperor would have shrugged and moved on; certainly not happy at the outcome, but really none the worse for it. The Emperor failed to turn Luke, but I'm thinking 'defeating a Sith Lord' involves something a little more important than inconveniencing him.

Luke beat Vader. Vader beat the Emperor. Luke did not really defeat the Emperor.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

That's not exactly what I would call 'defeating' him. If Vader hadn't stepped in, Luke would have been a Light Side corpse, and the Emperor would have shrugged and moved on; certainly not happy at the outcome, but really none the worse for it. The Emperor failed to turn Luke, but I'm thinking 'defeating a Sith Lord' involves something a little more important than inconveniencing him.

Luke beat Vader. Vader beat the Emperor. Luke did not really defeat the Emperor.

I guess I never really expected Luke to just up and kill the emperor, I was very pleased with the ending. The Emperor had a plan nop doubt, turn Luke, pit him against his father, and whomever was strongest would be his errand boy.

The thing that prevented Vader from taking his place as Emperor, was the same thing that saved Luke and lead to his redemption. If Luke had been able to defeat them both, then nothing that happen on the Death Star would have been in question, just Luke mopping the floor with two Sith Lords.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I vote Mace cause he seems fairly in control and powerful, obi-wan out because emotional in ep 1 when qui-gon died, anakin out in a constant state of emotion, even when he saved luke it was for emotional reasons not because he was good and pure, luke also had difficulty taking advice from yoda and had insufficient control of his emotions and wasn't that powerful in a fight, he really is like obi-wan and anakin getting wiped in ep 2 by dooku only to get saved by yoda. and also you can't blame anakin's fall on the other jedi, everyone makes his own choice, obi-wan tried to train him and anakin never listened, anyhow yoda trained dooku and he turned to the darkisde but dooku trained qui-gon who remained on the lightside, qui-gon might have gotten my vote if i knew more about him, yoda is actually close to mace i am rather tied between them, but mace is cooler, yoda just wiser and more powerful, but may have been lacking a little in the taking action department

Good explantion but you seem to forget that Mace in Prequels is nearly in his 50s while Luke in ROTJ is just 20 years old youngster. It is more fair to compare 50 years old Luke from "Unifying Force" with Prequel-Era Mace, Luke in that time is fully developed Jedi Master with greater selfcontrol that Mace ever had.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Good explantion but you seem to forget that Mace in Prequels is nearly in his 50s while Luke in ROTJ is just 20 years old youngster. It is more fair to compare 50 years old Luke from "Unifying Force" with Prequel-Era Mace, Luke in that time is fully developed Jedi Master with greater selfcontrol that Mace ever had.

But thats not really fair to Luke since those books totally suck ass

Unifying Force is totally great, man.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

He sure as hell did, he managed to resist what the emperor offer him, something his father couldn't do, but I guess that sort of victory is a little to well hidden for most eyes :blink:

well in a way he did. if you think about it, it was because of him vader turned back to the light and through the emperor down the shaft. so inderectly he did kill palpatine.

i got a westion fo you guys, who builds a throne room with a big shaft in it?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Not only us! This book was on New York Times list of bestsellers so I think that millions of people love it. :blink:

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Not only us! This book was on New York Times list of bestsellers so I think that millions of people love it. :blink:

Or just bought it because it said Star Wars, and its not like it'd be the first crappy book to be a New York Times Bestseller

OK what actually you didn't like in Unifying Force?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Or perhaps they bought it because of all the hype about it being *The Last Book*

I think that TUF brought order to all that EU mess and removed many of its nonsenses.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

OK what actually you didn't like in Unifying Force?

To be completely honest, I have no problem with any of the NJO books. There stories only give me confidence that none of what is currently the EU will ever be made into 100% cannon movies(I'm really sorry about using the word cannon its uber-lame)or for that matter even considered in the making of. If anything these stories will become even more ignorable by either a new set of movies, or a breaking of the stories of the star wars universe much like what we have in a lot of comics, most notable Spiderman..ie. The Amazing Spiderman, The Spectacular Spiderman, etc.

He sure as hell did, he managed to resist what the emperor offer him, something his father couldn't do, but I guess that sort of victory is a little to well hidden for most eyes :)

well in a way he did. if you think about it, it was because of him vader turned back to the light and through the emperor down the shaft. so inderectly he did kill palpatine.

i got a westion fo you guys, who builds a throne room with a big shaft in it?

Luke acted like a true Jedi in EP 6, since violence is always the last resort for a Jedi.

Although I'm not really sure how he could have managed things had Vader not intervened.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom