Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planscape Torment 2

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Darth_Taros

Darth_Taros

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
Who wants to see this game siquel

Aponez

Aponez

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 419 posts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I want end the Planescape Torment first and understand what they say (I can't understand the english very well and the game wasn't transalted to spanish)

newc0253

newc0253

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2067 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
how about Landscape Torment? it could be about a landscape architect with amnesia who awakens to find he's stuck in a property development with terrible landscaping. slowly, piece by piece, he must assemble the clues that lead him to the discovery that he's the one responsible.

sounds cool, huh?

Phosphor

Phosphor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2214 posts
That's inspired, Newc. :D

WOTC no longer supports the Planescape setting as an offical campaign setting, so doing a Planescape Torment 2™ isn't going to happen.

OldSpaceDog

OldSpaceDog

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Everybody and their uncle including me, but I'd settle for another game set on the Planes. It would probably cost big money just to buy the license from God knows who.

Ivan the Terrible

Ivan the Terrible

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1444 posts
It doesn't matter. The Nameless One's story is finished. Over. Finito. Anything else tacked on would just dilute what came before.

I want a game with the detail and imagination of Planescape: Torment's storyline without it being a direct sequel. If I get that, I will be happy.

Darth_Taros

Darth_Taros

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 99 posts
Можно другую Ээ черт The nameless one story may be finished but in this reality can do another story

Judge Hades

Judge Hades

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 13912 posts
No they can't. THE SETTING IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY WOTC AND IT IS CONSIDERED DEAD!

Man, get with the bloody times.

Phosphor

Phosphor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2214 posts
No, no-one can do a Planescape ™ game, but there's nothing that says a D&D game set in the planes cannot be done. Of course, Atari may not wish a D&D planar game made and can veto any developer requests to make such a game.

nightcleaver

nightcleaver

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1374 posts
What's the difference, really? Is "Planescape" Sigil and everything about it? I thought Planescape was about the planes themselves.

Ivan the Terrible

Ivan the Terrible

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1444 posts

What's the difference, really?  Is "Planescape" Sigil and everything about it?  I thought Planescape was about the planes themselves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Planes still exist in regular AD&D. It's just Sigil (and probably the whole atmosphere of Planescape, with 'berk' this and 'shut your bonebox' that) that have been tossed on the scrap heap.

Not that it matters. I'd bet my grandmother's kidney that WOTC would veto any attempt to make a D&D game not based in one of their core campaign settings.

Sargallath Abraxium

Sargallath Abraxium

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1323 posts
...ya know, I'd rather see a PS:T remake...same great writing, same great story, same great Morte, remade an' updated...I's'd buy 3 meself... :-

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Location:Cybertron, hidden in an extradimensional space in Canada.
  • Xbox Gamertag:Oerwinde (also Playstation Network ID)
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What's the difference, really?  Is "Planescape" Sigil and everything about it?  I thought Planescape was about the planes themselves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Planes still exist in regular AD&D. It's just Sigil (and probably the whole atmosphere of Planescape, with 'berk' this and 'shut your bonebox' that) that have been tossed on the scrap heap.

Not that it matters. I'd bet my grandmother's kidney that WOTC would veto any attempt to make a D&D game not based in one of their core campaign settings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sigil still exists, its just not the focus anymore. I think it would be cool to do a trilogy type thing, where the first game is set mostly in Sigil, with a couple jaunts out into the outer planes, then the 2nd would be about half outer planes half Toril, then the 3rd would be like an Eberron/greyhawk one with the finale back in Sigil. First game would be level 1-6, 2nd would be 6-12, and the third would be 12-18.

That would be cool.

TentamusDarkblade

TentamusDarkblade

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 514 posts
that would be pretty cool. I'd love to do some realm hopping.

of course, i'd want to see Krynn, but i'm selfish like that.

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

that would be pretty cool.  I'd love to do some realm hopping.

of course, i'd want to see Krynn, but i'm selfish like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I've heard Krynn is a low level world, so maybe they could fit it into the first one.

Planar Jedi

Planar Jedi

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 592 posts
And it would be the best anti block buster. No uber munchin char means no sells nowadays

Oerwinde

Oerwinde

Treacherous Decepticon

• Members
  • 2912 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

And it would be the best anti block buster. No uber munchin char means no sells nowadays

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They just need good marketing. "Reach AWESOME POWER LEVELS, unseen in all but the rare individuals of Krynn!" Just leave out the fact that most of the crazy uber characters in Krynn are like 5th level.

Planar Jedi

Planar Jedi

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 592 posts
LOL

Squidget

Squidget

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 856 posts
The original poster might have a look at The City of Doors Initative. They are a project dedicated to recreating the Planescape setting in Neverwinter Nights, as well as writing a fairly long module to go with it. Their work (most particular the Sigil tileset) is very impressive so far.

The site is a bit quiet at the moment, but according to CODI folks on the forums and IRC this is the result of some internal revamps and they are far from dead. It's no sequel to PS: T, but it might be the nearest thing we'll see to one.

*waits for the inevitable sarcastic Codex-style responses from people who disliked NWN's OC*

EnderAndrew

EnderAndrew

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9241 posts
  • Steam:enderandrew
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'd love to see a game with the quality or style of Planescape Torment.

I really wouldn't care to see a sequel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users