Mandalorian's: Something the Chronicles leave out

by the end of kotor if you chatted up candy he tells you he's not proud of his past and he even has second thoughts about calling himself a mandalorian, why would he change his mind and become the new mandalore? it doesnt make any sense.

He only said that he was tired of being a thug, and that the clans might reunite under the Republic, so who knows

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I gave an answer for that argument. He might become mandalore if Revan asked him to, because he pledged to follow Revan. Revan would want himas mandalore because then Candy'd pledge the clans to the Sith. See?

He says he thinks he may need more than 'fighting and killing' in his life. That's not a good recipe for joining the Sith. By the sounds of things, if Canderous involves himself in any war effort after KOTOR, he'll probably do so half-heartedly at best.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

That's exactly what I'm saying. How you tell Atton kotor 1 ended might determine what side the madalorians (under Candy) went to. You never know, is all I'm saying.

It seems inevitable that he'd at least have a cameo, especially when he's the only non droid character in your party that you couldn't kill.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Chronicles gives the impression that Ulic is a bigger pansy than what he really was.

I agree. Redemption was quite good.

I have only read the chronicles and his EU Star Wars database entry, and I think he sounds like a deadly hard ****.

So if he is tougher than he reads from that, I am guessing he was a deadly mofo.

Thanks by the way Nuke great to have stuff like this posted for us to read and give us all some reference. (Plus yours was better written the the LA stuff)

Candy also talks to the PC on the Starforge, though, and says how this battle is the greatest thing to happen to him :p. So I can easily see how a DS Revan could turn him back to his killing ways. Also, re-uiniting the clans and leading them back to greatness would certainly be a worthy goal. IIRC, Candy even says that something like this might happen.

And the glory Candy would get for his participation in Malak's fall (not to mention mad warrior skillz he aquired in the process) would make him worthy of the honor in the eyes of other mandalorians.

+ not to mention the fact that hes lvl 20 .. which is a mad thing in it's own right in the SW universe! I don't think there are alot of Mandalorians out there who could challenge him ..

But I for one don't hope he is Mandalore! I never liked him that much, and would also like a new bunch of characters .. and if he would join you in TSL, you would have to explain why he's no longer lvl 20 (unless you can only have him in your party when your 20+) ..

Fortune favors the bald.

I have said it a couple of times now, if Candy is mandalore - purley on the basis that it's lame as hell, he will be spend an awful lot of time on the hawk in my games.

Under that pretense then you'd be spending alot of time on the Hawk as well

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Kazic is could be right if Revan went DS, but how would you explain it if Revan went LS? What reason would Canderous have to become the mandalore?

If Revan went LS then Candy still could have been Mandalore, except instead of using the clans to help Revan conquer, he'd just help them to rebuild. He says that the clans could be reborn under either the republic or the Sith.

It's a clue. I'm not saying I'm not wrong, but it seems to be an awfully good bet that he could be Mandalore. *holds up sign* CANDY FOR MANDALORE! Hmmm...that looks different than I imagined lol... :thumbsup:

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Kazic is could be right if Revan went DS, but how would you explain it if Revan went LS? What reason would Canderous have to become the mandalore?

If Revan went LS then Candy still could have been Mandalore, except instead of using the clans to help Revan conquer, he'd just help them to rebuild. He says that the clans could be reborn under either the republic or the Sith.

It's a clue. I'm not saying I'm not wrong, but it seems to be an awfully good bet that he could be Mandalore. *holds up sign* CANDY FOR MANDALORE! Hmmm...that looks different than I imagined lol... :lol:

Ummm... no. Canderous said he was no longer interested in killing and fighting. It is possible that Revan (DS) could convince him, if only to have the clans under his wing, even though I don't think it would be easy to convince Canderous. Besides, the mandalorian clans were broken after the war and I don't think they were worth much as a fighting force at that time.

LS Revan would have no interest in rebuilding the mandalorian clans, and therefore Canderous wouldn't have any business being Mandalore. The Mandalore is a war leader for a war loving people. Peace is not their strong point.

Anyway, Canderous is a Bioware character, and I don't think Obsidian would want to give a character they didn't create too much importance. They'd be better off making up a whole new Mandalore.

I sure hope they have not made Canderous the Mandalore... it wouldn't be consistent.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's a clue. I'm not saying I'm not wrong, but it seems to be an awfully good bet that he could be Mandalore. *holds up sign* CANDY FOR MANDALORE! Hmmm...that looks different than I imagined lol... :lol:

Ummm... no. Canderous said he was no longer interested in killing and fighting. It is possible that Revan (DS) could convince him, if only to have the clans under his wing, even though I don't think it would be easy to convince Canderous. Besides, the mandalorian clans were broken after the war and I don't think they were worth much as a fighting force at that time.

LS Revan would have no interest in rebuilding the mandalorian clans, and therefore Canderous wouldn't have any business being Mandalore. The Mandalore is a war leader for a war loving people. Peace is not their strong point.

Anyway, Canderous is a Bioware character, and I don't think Obsidian would want to give a character they didn't create too much importance. They'd be better off making up a whole new Mandalore.

I sure hope they have not made Canderous the Mandalore... it wouldn't be consistent.

I ddn't mean that LS revan would rebuild the clans. I meant that if revan went LS, Canderous might go back and try to rebuild them. I didn't say he'd do so peacefull either.

Also, even as a small force the mandalorians would still be formidible. Canderous talked about how Mandalorian mercs were in high demand when you met him on Taris.

I ddn't mean that LS revan would rebuild the clans. I meant that if revan went LS, Canderous might go back and try to rebuild them. I didn't say he'd do so peacefull either.

Also, even as a small force the mandalorians would still be formidible. Canderous talked about how Mandalorian mercs were in high demand when you met him on Taris.

Yep. What I meant is that a DS Revan could give meaning to Canderous being the Mandalore, but not LS Revan.

And there's a difference between a group of people being effective as mercenaries, and the same group of people actually working efficiently within an established armed force, even more so considering the clans were scattered and they had had most of their weaponry destroyed. I think it would be more work to bring them back to their former glory than it's worth.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yep. What I meant is that a DS Revan could give meaning to Canderous being the Mandalore, but not LS Revan.

And there's a difference between a group of people being effective as mercenaries, and the same group of people actually working efficiently within an established armed force, even more so considering the clans were scattered and they had had most of their weaponry destroyed. I think it would be more work to bring them back to their former glory than it's worth.

Unless they were being brought back for a very specific purpose. But you do have some good points.

I have said it a couple of times now, if Candy is mandalore - purley on the basis that it's lame as hell, he will be spend an awful lot of time on the hawk in my games.

Under that pretense then you'd be spending alot of time on the Hawk as well

Well then to clarify he will spend more time on the Hawk than any other character if at all possible as I will go out of my way to not have a lame ass "Hidden" canderous being mandalore.

If he is mandalore, they shouldn't have bothered keeping it hidden it couldn't be more weak.

Maybe with this new flexibility the game promises at some point I can have him ****ed off out of my party :p

They might find a way to make i interesting, you never know.

Canderous being Mandalore is one of the biggest cliche's ever. I mean come on, the guy isn't even worthy of being a Mandalore, and surely not worthy to rule a race, much less an army.

They should have just stuck with the Mandalore from KOTR(AND HE WAS A MANDALORE), but that show's the even some people can't get continuity right in their own games.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

They should have just stuck with the Mandalore from KOTR(AND HE WAS A MANDALORE), but that show's the even some people can't get continuity right in their own games.

They are not their games, since Obsidian didn't do K1. :thumbsup:"

This is the heart of the Eu dude ...

Its history in the EU therefore it does need continuity

What I meant is that in KOTOR the part that Says a Mandalore was around, was not part of any Star Wars EU that was non-game. That part was created by the game itself. Meaning that Obsidian couldn't even keep IN GAME Continuity straight.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

This is the heart of the Eu dude ...

Its history in the EU therefore it does need continuity

What I meant is that in KOTOR the part that Says a Mandalore was around, was not part of any Star Wars EU that was non-game. That part was created by the game itself. Meaning that Obsidian couldn't even keep IN GAME Continuity straight.

I never rember hearing anything about there being a mandalor around the time of kotor