What Country Are All You KOTOR 2 Fans From?

Do people from non-English speaking countries have the same annoying habbit that many English "teens" have with the stupid internet lingo?  Nothing bothers me more than trying to decipher a post by someone who insists on using words like "dat" or "wut" or "dis" or any other internet shorthand instead of spelling it "that", "what" and "this".

Ugh.  Teenagers annoy me to no end. [/end rant]

I think you'll find that most of the teens you find doing this are townies. For those who don't understand what this means, it means they like dance 'music', dress in blinding white tracksuits, wear lots of 'bling' (fake gold medalions, etc), tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks and have a really bad attitude. What I find strange is that most older people in Britain claim that moshers and goths are the vandals, which is in fact wrong. Moshers and Goths tend to be more intelligent, intellectual and articulate. They also have better music taste.

Anyways, back to the point, you'll find that people abbreviating their words as mentioned above actually speak like that. I think this stems from one of two reasons:

a) They are all 'wannabe' rappers - don't ask me why.

b) They want to sound like they grew up on the streets of New York. Perhaps they believe this gives them more 'street cred'. Strange... :ph34r:

Anyway, GhostOfAnakin, thats the best I can do to answer your question/rant :blink: Please note that there are intelligent, articulate teens in Britain. Unfortunately we are few compared to the townie masses. :)

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Former immigrant from Ukraine, been in US for 11 years

Thats so wrong. People use abbreviations because its easier and its a bad habit. Its internet colloquialism. You won't find that many ghetto teens cause if you're ghetto, your broke. Being 19, among my circle of friends we may joke around, get stereotypical, but no one is a "wannabe rapper". Though I do with there was less colloquialism in america, it brings culture down. Another thing, dance music is a very general term. There are clubs where people dance to Jazz, Hip Hop, Techno/Rave, Russian pop/dance/w'e. Its like saying martial arts without being specific about which one you are referring to. Internet shorthand is just that, shorthand. WTF is townies? That in itself is colloquialism, if in one part of the US a carbonated soft drink is called soda and in another its called pop, thats just lingo. I think that colloquialism isn't good, I like British english better, its much more cleaner.

Oh just read that you wrote english speaking or 'English' teens, I'll took it to mean americans as well.

I think you'll find that most of the teens you find doing this are townies.  For those who don't understand what this means, it means they like dance 'music', dress in blinding white tracksuits, wear lots of 'bling' (fake gold medalions, etc), tuck their tracksuit bottoms into their socks and have a really bad attitude.  What I find strange is that most older people in Britain claim that moshers and goths are the vandals, which is in fact wrong.  Moshers and Goths tend to be more intelligent, intellectual and articulate.  They also have better music taste.

Anyways, back to the point, you'll find that people abbreviating their words as mentioned above actually speak like that.  I think this stems from one of two reasons:

a) They are all 'wannabe' rappers - don't ask me why.

b) They want to sound like they grew up on the streets of New York.  Perhaps they believe this gives them more 'street cred'.  Strange... :ph34r:

Anyway, GhostOfAnakin, thats the best I can do to answer your question/rant :blink: Please note that there are intelligent, articulate teens in Britain.  Unfortunately we are few compared to the townie masses. :thumbsup:

hehe ooops. I meant English SPEAKING teens, not specifically teens who are from Britain. To be honest, I've never spoken to any English teens (well there was one 18 year old chick, but she didn't speak/type like that and had a nice set of...uh back to the topic). My main rant comes from visiting too many US and Canadian based chat rooms/message boards where "internet lingo" runs rampant.

I'll admit that I use "shorthand" sometimes, such as "btw". In reality, I'm not really against all shorthand, but rather the butchering of words, such as dis, dat and wut. Shorthand is to save time typing out full words, and sometimes that's acceptable. But the thing that really annoys me is stuff like dis, dat and wut aren't actually much shorter or less typing than the actual spelling of those words. For instance "wutevah" is pretty much just as long as "whatever", but for some reason teens choose to use the retarded spelling.

I just can't take anyone seriously or think of them as intelligent when I see them spell like that. I know that is perhaps judgemental and ignorant on my behalf, but IMO (uh oh, shortand), since we can't actually see or hear each other speak over the internet, the only way to convey our "intelligence" is through our writing/posting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

and its not very intelligent to assume that we should try and convey our intelligence by talking properly, free speech dude, as long as u can understand it u need to just put up. im a teen from england, iv been well brought up and wen i want/need to i can talk more 'respectably' than a lot of adults. just bcos wen im on the internet i say woteva, wot, omg etc doesnt mean i deserve to be slagged off.

HOWEVER i do agree it can become stoopid nd that is wen chav scum become involved

What I find strange is that most older people in Britain claim that moshers and goths are the vandals, which is in fact wrong.  Moshers and Goths tend to be more intelligent, intellectual and articulate.  They also have better music taste.

Careful there. Your liking or disliking one particular type of music may be biasing your perspective. You can't claim one's musical preferences are 'better' than other's.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Sexual predator? How's that funny?

You might want to quote people when you make your unwitty attempts at wit.

Yet you knew I was speaking of you anyway....

Considering I was the only one in recent posts to mention anything about a girl, I'd say it's a no brainer.

And considering an 18 year old girl (as someone else already stated) is an adult, combined with the fact you have NO clue how old I am, your statement is quite insulting and unwarranted.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think you're still bitter because everyone thought your designs of Juhani looked like something a toddler would draw. :lol:

note to weiser: Juhani shouldn't have a bigger codpiece than Canderous. :-"

I' m from Greece. I find it lovely that there are people from all around the world, but unfortunately i see none from Africa and almost none from Asia.

Actually, there should be one from namibia here IIRC.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Thats because Asia is a poor communist state and Africa if full of starving people who don't have any money.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Thats because Asia is a poor communist state and Africa if full of starving people who don't have any money.

Indeed, look at the stalinistic nations such as Japan, South Korea, Singapore and Malaysia.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

N. Korea, the dictator of the communist country is loaded, the people in N. Korea know little bit of the outside world, they probley think that they and S. Kora and the two largest and most powerful nations.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf