PRIMA Strategy Guide for KotOR2

yeah? what kinda bugs? are we talking like system threatning, or just anoying?

For example it stated that you could convert Bastila to the darkside after seducing her.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I don't know why anyone would bother with guides like that since games such as KotOR are so freaking simple you would need to be a moron not to know what to do next.  Especially given the linear nature of the game.  I don't see KotOR 2 being much different from that.

My main reason for getting the guide will be to know more about the characters, prestige classes and planets before I play the game. I can't see a reason why anyone would need the guide from an acctual gameplay stand point, just more along the lines of the pure info it might hold (even if some of it might be highly flawed).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Not just with KOTOR, but anytime I've run into tough spots in any game I've played I've just gone online to get help. I've never bought a strategy guide. Not that there is anything wrong with it, it's just that in this day and age of mass communication and online entertainment, all you have to do is go to Google and type in "tips for defeating Darth Bandon" or whatever and 200,000 sites pop up.

Hell, you can probably download the strat guide online somewhere already.

I don't know why anyone would bother with guides like that since games such as KotOR are so freaking simple you would need to be a moron not to know what to do next.  Especially given the linear nature of the game.  I don't see KotOR 2 being much different from that.

without trying to offend everyone by calling them morons! :) .. I agree with you! I never got stuck in KOTOR and it would only take someone 2 sec to find out where to go next .. You are given orders all the time, I mean a 7 year old kid could follow the linear story of this game! but you could use a walkthrough to see if there is a sidequest you missed .. Even though they are pretty easy to spot as well .. Everyone worth talking to had a name!

Fortune favors the bald.

Well as many has already stated, the DVD enhanced guide is interesting to have for the extra info about characters, planets and stuff, not necessary for the walkthrough of the game.

No need to offend and call people morons for nothing.

Having a strategy guide for KOTOR was like having a strategy guide to use the bathroom, I guess there could be a few hangups, but all and all if you really tried you could figure it out

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Why, in the era of Gamefaqs.com, would anyone bother buying an 'official' strategy guide?

A fool and his money are soon parted.

EDIT: And is the often highly-flawed take of a few people uninvolved in the development on planets and characters in the game really worth buying a whole freaking strategy guide?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think that the extras sound interesting but I doubt I'll need them, and if I do someone wil have probably posted it all over the internet anyways! :huh:"

Where is the bell, wait for the bell, k i need the bell, wait the bell! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong! Ding bonda dong!

Kazic wants you.... to join the pinkside!

Some one's probably gonna get the guide on Nov 30, and end up quoting whole sections of it just to wreck it for Xbox and PC gamers alike (almost a week ahead of the general public even getting a chance to start). :luck:

I'm thinking the Spoiler section should go up on the 29th. But I don't think even that measure will be enough.

I never bother buying strategy guides, it takes the fun out of the game, and ruins key points, by telling you the best bits. Like how to get this person to turn lightside through conversation, or how to complete a guys sidequest. In a way, startegy guides are spoilers in themselves.

I used a walkthrough that only described where to go and that there will be a cutscene at the end of the passage (for example). The game was Star Ocean btw. Antway, my point is that if they would make a guide that uses a system like that and doesn't ruin the conversations and other big part of the game, i'll probably use it after i've been through the game a couple of times on my own.

I wonder if Arnie has ever played KOTOR...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I get strat guides for one reason and that is so I don't miss half the things in the game. Now days it is almost impossible to find everything in a game without a strat guide or access to someone who bought one. I don't care about the character info, I just care about the fact I might have to go to the dead end and use useless item A to find the hidden door to get the chance to talk to character B 20 hrs later in the game.

Why, in the era of Gamefaqs.com, would anyone bother buying an 'official' strategy guide?

Because it is a pain in the rear to have to keep going back to the site. I'll pay the $20(max for most) to have the thing color printed out into a book with pictures that I can just look over at. What I hate is lately(mainly bradygames, but others have been doing it too) strategy guides have been leaving out half the information.

I can't remember which game it was, but they left out half of the findable items. Saying something like well if you just look every where you'll find them, we will only list the first place you would find a new item. I'm glade they feel that stat up item isn't important to find in an area because you've already found one in another area. I buy these stupid things so I don't have to look at every inch of a game to find the items.

I get strat guides for one reason and that is so I don't miss half the things in the game.  Now days it is almost impossible to find everything in a game without a strat guide or access to someone who bought one.  I don't care about the character info, I just care about the fact I might have to go to the dead end and use useless item A to find the hidden door to get the chance to talk to character B 20 hrs later in the game.

This is something I would never do: what's the fun of going through a game when you already know what's coming ahead <_< I prefer to play it one or two times and discover what the game has to offer, especially in a RPG like KotOR. It is much more fun than using a strategy guide.

As for finding the hidden stuff...I prefer to look at the game files and find this stuff by myself, I can find more like this than what's mentionned in a game guide.

I used a GameFaqs strategy guide for Kotor, but only for character creation and the gameplay mechanics and as a nice summary of the feats and force powers.

These are all things which should be handled in the manual, but sadly this wasn't the case with Kotor.

I mean, I had never heard of SW d20 rules before, so how was I supposed to know how everything worked? I sure hope LA does a better job this time.