Atris's Role

One side, i find it interesting having her as the Queen of Onderon, it really puts this game into a whole new perspective. But one can now discard her as the potential love-interest, meh.

I don't think it necessarily rules her out as a romantic interest. Look at Aribeth in NWN OC

It certainly seems that Atris now appears to be more of an Aribeth-style character than a Bastila-style. I'm not sure I like that. (Of course, that could just be my prejudice against NWN showing through :) )

One side, i find it interesting having her as the Queen of Onderon, it really puts this game into a whole new perspective. But one can now discard her as the potential love-interest, meh.

I don't think it necessarily rules her out as a romantic interest. Look at Aribeth in NWN OC

It certainly seems that Atris now appears to be more of an Aribeth-style character than a Bastila-style. I'm not sure I like that. (Of course, that could just be my prejudice against NWN showing through :) )

I had Aribeth as a romance-option in NWN? I think i have to finish that fame sometime.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Keep ahold of the ring she gives you in the 2nd or 3rd act and the jiggly one will be yours by the end of the game.  (w00t)

That will sure take a while, i'm still at chapter one :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well since Atris has never been officially confirmed to be WHC it doesn't mean that WHC won't be in the party, though I must admit that I kinda like the idea of WHC not being a party member but playing an important role ingame, if that is Atris to begin with.

Jedi Master D Murda: I once thought that Sion would be using MSG's clothing to hide his appearance but as it was stated he appears shirtless throughout the entire game I now don't believe this. For a time I also thought of the possibility of WHC and MSG being the same person, their confrontations in the artwork displaying a clash between two personalities of the same character. I don't believe that anymore either.

Atris might be WHC or the Sith Lady or even a third npc we haven't seen yet. I don't think MSG is Atris or a female, the wallpaper illustrations clearly show a man's hands plus a dev had said MSG was a male, though I never saw this statement myself general consensus is that it was a true tidbit that slipped out. For the moment I'll continue to refer to MSG as Darth Nihilis since that's the best source of info for him for the moment.

As for WHC maybe she's a party member, maybe not, maybe she's the Handmaiden with a Jedi Outfit...who knows. But if she is a different person than Handmaiden as is generally believed, I kinda hope WHC isn't a party member, would like to have some female npcs in the group with other hair colors than white, cause so far only Mira is really different and I'm a bit disappointed in that.

I think everyone is thinking Atris is the WHC, when I think she is NOT. Rmember, Atris might be the WHC's name......

I am just drunk or did that post make absolutely no sense whatsoever? :(

I am not drunk, and I didn't really catch what the point was.

I was going to try and filter out what Jast said, but I can't.

Jast, could you please rephrase that, so we all can understand what you meant. I think you may have something interesting here.

I think everyone is thinking Atris is the WHC, when I think she is NOT. Rmember, Atris might be the WHC's name......

I am just drunk or did that post make absolutely no sense whatsoever? :(

Jast, could you please rephrase that, so we all can understand what you meant. I think you may have something interesting here.

Well usually I don't translate for drunks, but this time I'll give it a go :p :

Perhaps what Jast is implying is that the woman Atris, which Basilla Skywalker asked Chris Avelone about, is being discussed under the assumption that she is in fact the White Haired Chick (aka WHC). If this assumption fails to hold through, it can be concluded that the name designated to the WHC is not "Atris". Hence, we could be citing an "Atris" to the devs who is not necessarily the same WHC.

:huh:

manthing2.jpg

I am just drunk or did that post make absolutely no sense whatsoever? :rolleyes:

Oh man, funny what one missed word could do to a post. :D I'm going to edit it. Now look at it in it's edited form.

I think everyone is thinking Atris is the WHC, when I think she is NOT. Rmember, Atris might NOT be the  WHC's name......

" Maybe Artis is your main Enemy if you play as evil ..like MSG(Darth BoBo) is your enemy if you play as good. "

Or she is your enemy as LS and fooled you to think she's good and get rid of her enemies, then you discover the truth and confront her. :thumbsup:

Not that I'm saying the developers are liars but if you recall, they didnt want to mention anything about the WHC. Infact, when the name Atris popped up in one of the posts, it was shortly deleted to prevent people from reading it. Why would Chris Avellone want to tell us about Atris (if that indeed is her real name) if Obsidian in the first place didn't want us to know about her? Ofcourse Chris Avellone might be telling is the truth but why would a developer openly give away knowledge of Atris when the development team did everything possible to prevent news about her from getting out. It just seems a little.... odd

Not that I'm saying the developers are liars but if you recall, they didnt want to mention anything about the WHC. Infact, when the name Atris popped up in one of the posts, it was shortly deleted to prevent people from reading it. Why would Chris Avellone want to tell us about Atris (if that indeed is her real name) if Obsidian in the first place didn't want us to know about her? Ofcourse Chris Avellone might be telling is the truth but why would a developer openly give away knowledge of Atris when the development team did everything possible to prevent news about her from getting out. It just seems a little.... odd

unless its the fact that when the name was leaked it was at the begining of the development process and they didn't want to give away any secrets that could be used later in the game (also its possible that they weren't sure what her role was going to be until recently). The fact that he said something about her now isn't too odd since its only one month till the US Xbox release of TSL, So they probably figure that there isn't much harm that could be done by telling us something as general as "Atris" wont be a party member but will have a vital role in the game.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think the main question now is whether the WHC in all the concept art we've seen is Atris or the handmaiden.

I rather think it's Atris 'cos as MCA said she plays a very important part in the game, and it's already been established that the handmaiden is not an essential NPC.

I'm going with the idea that Atris is the Queen of Onderon and she is the final opponent for a DS PC.

unless its the fact that when the name was leaked it was at the begining of the development process and they didn't want to give away any secrets that could be used later in the game (also its possible that they weren't sure what her role was going to be until recently). The fact that he said something about her now isn't too odd since its only one month till the US Xbox release of TSL, So they probably figure that there isn't much harm that could be done by telling us something as general as "Atris" wont be a party member but will have a vital role in the game.

You probably are right since Obsidian has finished developing the game (the X-Box version). Its already been turned over to LucasArts according to Akari.

I think the main question now is whether the WHC in all the concept art we've seen is Atris or the handmaiden.

I rather think it's Atris 'cos as MCA said she plays a very important part in the game, and it's already been established that the handmaiden is not an essential NPC.

I'm going with the idea that Atris is the Queen of Onderon and she is the final opponent for a DS PC.

It all depends on how you look at it. I mean if the handmaiden can be the apprentice then she would have a major role in the game but if you could choose someone else then she would have a very minor role in the game. I would think that the handmaiden is "the NPC formally known as Atris" and that someone else is know going by that name, maybe the femalke sith or maybe the queen of onderon or maybe just a lowly sith solider we more than likely wont know until either tha game comes out or more character info is released.

Also where was it established that she wouldn't have a important role in the game (the handmaiden I mean)? Since we just found out about her in the last week I don't think I have seen anything that said that she will not have a vital role, though to be honest I may have just missed it.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png