How Many Actual Female Gamers Here?

Bastilla_Skywalker

:devil: Hmm. I wonder if Obs. has any female devs? If not, let's pester them to hire one. They are, supposedly, high in demand.  :cool:

They could start by hiring Jessica Urquhart. Her "news" page on the old BIS website was often quite special. Sort of miss it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:devil: Hmm. I wonder if Obs. has any female devs? If not, let's pester them to hire one. They are, supposedly, high in demand.  :cool:

They could start by hiring Jessica Urquhart. Her "news" page on the old BIS website was often quite special. Sort of miss it.

I barely remember that. :p

Fnord.

So? We have 3 females here: Darque, Maria Cal, Bastila Sky.

And many males with female avatars - maybe they have some sexual problems ...

So, you're saying there's a connetion with male person having Female pic as an avatar and sexual problems like impotence for example ?

Maybe you could make a study or write a thesis about it....

...definite NOBEL material. :p

Cross-dressing is not a sexual problem it's a fetish and neither are sexual preferences.

...and no I have no fetishes and I am heterosexual male.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Baneblade,

According to your avatar, you are a potential serial killer.

I am joking of course, don't take it serious :))

When I play RPGs, I find it more fun to play with female character than male one. May be I have to visit the nearest sexologist ... :p

:wub:

I don't think it really matters, but i'm female too.

There are many females who play games, but usually don't identify themselves so people don't react different. :-"

IMO there're more than you thought and probably with neutral avatars. :D

:wub:

I don't think it really matters, but i'm female too.

There are many females who play games, but usually don't identify themselves so people don't react different:-"

IMO there're more than you thought and probably with neutral avatars.  :D

Why would we ?

This is an internet forum for christ sake.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

There are considerably more than three female gamers on this forum. I personally know of more than half a dozen of 'em, myself included, although like most forum-goers they don't check every thread of every forum every day.

And actually the thread starter never did explain why counting female gamers was a particularly worthy endeavor. If this was a lonely hearts board, I might be able to understand the obsession with poster gender... but clearly, it is not. :wub:

Looks like Darque got her own little pointy eared, two foot tall stalker there...

And yes, females do seem to be a very small minority here.

It's a place for  :-  not for  :wub:

;)

Story of my life, I always find myself in a place for :luck:

At my university there is something crazy like a 40-60 % ratio of Males to females... And you guessed it... Not a single lady doing my degree.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

There are considerably more than three female gamers on this forum.  I personally know of more than half a dozen of 'em, myself included, although like most forum-goers they don't check every thread of every forum every day.

And actually the thread starter never did explain why counting female gamers was a particularly worthy endeavor.  If this was a lonely hearts board, I might be able to understand the obsession with poster gender... but clearly, it is not. :luck:

:- There she goes...... The wicked witch of the west (w00t)

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

There are considerably more than three female gamers on this forum.  I personally know of more than half a dozen of 'em, myself included, although like most forum-goers they don't check every thread of every forum every day.

And actually the thread starter never did explain why counting female gamers was a particularly worthy endeavor.  If this was a lonely hearts board, I might be able to understand the obsession with poster gender... but clearly, it is not. :huh:

Agreed. But, it did seem like there were a lot more female posters on the old BIS forums. Maybe when Obsidian releases a game we

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Does it matter who is female or who is male?  We are all gamers.  That's enough for me.

Of course it does. Who is going to do the cooking and cleaning if we don't have female gamers here?

I KID, I KID! :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And actually the thread starter never did explain why counting female gamers was a particularly worthy endeavor.  If this was a lonely hearts board, I might be able to understand the obsession with poster gender... but clearly, it is not. :lol:

Oh man, can't believe I forgot 'bout ~Di. Probably because she's married.....and she's twice my age......and since she's within walking distance of my house there could be actual real world repercussions if I mouth off to her on the boards.

Hey Di, hitchhiked on 49 last week, Tuesday night, walked all the way from Lime Kiln to Alta Sierra, crazy.....why yes I am.