Microsoft Over Obsessed

Ever Faith

Microsoft, from what I've heard is starting to put a Halo 2 preview movie in theaters. Halo was decent, but it was just a sci-fi fps, and sure it had a big fan boy collection. But putting a game preivew into movie showings? When you go to the movies you want to know about movies and what's coming out right before you watch a movie, not a game coming out in two months. Thats just my opinion.

Evolutionary Development

they're putting big time money into production on some of these titles so a high visibility campaign is necessary. note that as much as people whine about great games, they fail to recognize that the gaming rags are typically the only place ads appear. i'm acually surprised we don't see more such ads.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Halo is as close to an "epic" game as you can get. The only people that don't like it are PS2 fanboys. Microsoft has all the money in the world, this is a pretty smart way for them to make more. Like it or not, games are becoming more and more mainstream. They even have a show now where they re-enact battles using the Total War engine.

The only people that don't like it are PS2 fanboys.

Huh? Halo sucked on the PC. It was repetitive, unoptimized, quite ugly and not at all original. Why would I need a PS2 to see that?

Chrome (by Techland) was a better Halo than Halo on the PC.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You know, I get the feeling you two don't like each other. Do you disagree on every issue? B) One day, if even by accident, you'll agree on something and die of shock.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Huh? Halo sucked on the PC. It was repetitive, unoptimized, quite ugly and not at all original. Why would I need a PS2 to see that?

Chrome (by Techland) was a better Halo than Halo on the PC.

Are they advertising Halo 2 for the PC yet? No? Then why don't you go roast a pig in your longhouse or something?

You know, I get the feeling you two don't like each other. Do you disagree on every issue? B) One day, if even by accident, you'll agree on something and die of shock.

We agree on a lot of things, he just won't admit it yet...

Are they advertising Halo 2 for the PC yet? No? Then why don't you go roast a pig in your longhouse or something?

Well, if you look at the thread you'll soon realize noone specified which machine this thread was intended for. I haven't seen the ads. So why don't you go and make yourself even fatter in a McDonald's or something?

Threads are generally intended for computers. I've never visited a forum using my Xbox before.

Still, Halo is primarily an Xbox game. It was released on the Xbox long before it came to PC. Even if you didn't know if the sequel was coming to PC or not, you must have known that it would be coming to the Xbox, and that the Xbox version is what sets the standard.

I'm sure you did know that, you were just looking for an excuse to disagree with me. Better luck next time.

Microsoft, from what I've heard is starting to put a Halo 2 preview movie in theaters. Halo was decent, but it was just a sci-fi fps, and sure it had a big fan boy collection. But putting a game preivew into movie showings? When you go to the movies you want to know about movies and what's coming out right before you watch a movie, not a game coming out in two months. Thats just my opinion.

I guess Sony is over obcessed too. WIth their everquest advertisements in theatres and all ;)

Halo 2 will be the hottest game in the world when it comes out. Don't hate.

Ambrosia3.gif

All the levels look the same in Halo.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Don't even bother trying to explain that to them. You practically have to put a label on your posts specifying that you are talking about the Xbox version, otherwise you get all these people spewing off crap about the PC version when they really don't know what they're talking about to begin with...

Halo is nothing compared to Goldeneye 64 and Perfect Dark, but that's just my opinion. ;)

Agreed. I never could get used to all the next gen console shooters where they require me to use one joystick to run around, and one to aim. Too freaking confusing. I'd rather use my keyboard and mouse any old day. If I do ever get a Billy Gates Box, which I probably will if everything moves over to consoles for the most part as it appears it's doing, and they continue to make me use copy protection even though I've never pirated a PC game in my life; I will be promptly modding it to accept a wireless keyboard and mouse.....and then slaughtering everyone on Xbox-Live. B)

If Halo had come out on PC first, as was originally intended, perhaps Bungie would have put more polish into the PC version. No one really knows for sure, but I do know that if it had been released to just PC and not had the Xbox version going for it, it would have been quickly forgotten about, as it takes a fricking monster of a system to run it adequately, even though it runs on the Billy Gates Box just fine; which is substandard to my rig in EVERY SINGLE MOTHER F*CKING WAY!!! The vehicles were nifty, and the multiplayer was fun, I did rather enjoy the story; but as soon as Unreal 2k4 came out, it was put to shame. Not to mention there's no dual wield in it, which has been in shooters from the days of Max Payne.

As it stands though, it's still pretty much just about the best FPS offerings on the Billy Gates Box. <_<

I think the PC version of Halo sucked mostly because they decided to remove the co-op in it. I can imagine Halo being a great game to play with a friend, but as a single player experience it's just too repetitive and boring.

^^^ That's one of the reasons Return to Castle Wolfenstein was such a great game for me. I don't like the mindless monotony of free for all deathmatch, but playing multiplayer in RtCW has all the elements of a cooperative game with friends combined with the satisfaction (and sometimes brutal beatings) of playing against fellow human beings.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!