Revan in KotOR2

Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?

• YES
    • NO

B'cause he's such a great character!

Not to mention that he/she was also OUR character :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It would also cause problems with the game because assuming your theory is correct, then Kreia would have BOTH Revan and Bastila's abilities and thus be one of, if not THE, most powerful Jedi in the game. And considering we meet up with her early in the game, it'd seem rather weird to have a level 1 PC hanging out with a level 30 (or whatever they have the max set at) Jedi.

She could be faking it.

Firstly, if Kria were revan, wouldn't your main character recognize her? Secondly, WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT REVAN IN A LARGE ROLE?

Because, based on the first game, he's seen as the "star" of the KOTOR series.

It'd be a lot like Luke Skywalker after A New Hope. People would no doubt expect him to be the "star" of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

It's slightly different because this time we don't control Revan, but Revan's STORY is still the one that has the greatest effect on the series.

I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but I'm guessing that's why a lot of people (myself included) would welcome Revan being a major part of TSL.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Having Revan in a major role ruins TSL as anything more than a copy. If that happens it can never get itself out of its predecessor's shadow and will not live up to the first game. With a new beginning we can get a good, new, original game.

anyone actually considered that the romancing quests might have something to do with revan dissapearing....

if he's male he might have run off with bastila trying to live a decent life as a couple and to prevent the jedi council from parting them

with female she could'have run off with carth... or juhani.

anyone actually considered that the romancing quests might have something to do with revan dissapearing....

if he's male he might have run off with bastila trying to live a decent life as a couple and to prevent the jedi council from parting them

:huh: Interesting. :lol:

Yes, but i think Revan would run off more on the remorse "What in god's name have I done!" route more than the romance route, so then it doesn't rely on the romances in the first as much....

Having Revan in a major role ruins TSL as anything more than a copy. If that happens it can never get itself out of its predecessor's shadow and will not live up to the first game. With a new beginning we can get a good, new, original game.

how so? was Empire Strikes Back just a copy of A New Hope? Many people thought ESB was better than ANH.

Depending on how the story is implemented, the fact that a continuation of the old story into the new one doesn't make it just a copy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you ask me, again it really does not matter if Revan plays a big role, as long as it is implemented well. If they don't show him at all, and the game sucks, the game still sucks. If we constantly see revan, but the game is done well, it's fine as long as he is implemented well.

I think Revan if indeed he/she plays a large or small role in TSL must be a DS character, I mean think about it if YOU the PC are the last remaining jedi then how can revan also be? and I mean lets face it if the sith lords in question have a brain between them they would move to eliminate or rerecruit Revan if he stayed LS before anything else. Unless of course they know something about the PC we dont.

Revan of course could be dead but i think that would be a bit of a let down.

Anyone else agree or find holes in my arguement??

I think Revan if indeed he/she plays a large or small role in TSL must be a DS character, I mean think about it if YOU the PC are the last remaining jedi then how can revan also be? and I mean lets face it if the sith lords in question have a brain between them they would move to eliminate or rerecruit Revan if he stayed LS before anything else. Unless of course they know something about the PC we dont.

I agree. :unsure:

Ever heard of Yoda on Dagobah?

LS Revan could escape to a place like that, like Yoda.

DS Revan could have something bad happen to him, and escape or whatever....

Good point but i still feel a jedi as powerful as revan would be hunted, but who knows im just speculating :unsure:

I agree. :unsure:

Why should Revan run when we made him the most powerful person in the galaxy (in the span of 2 weeks or so I must say). At his rate of improvement, he could destroy all existance in a month or so, and it's been 5 years :unsure:

Why should Revan run when we made him the most powerful person in the galaxy (in the span of 2 weeks or so I must say). At his rate of improvement, he could destroy all existance in a month or so, and it's been 5 years :unsure:

:blink: Very true I like! ;)

Good point but i still feel a jedi as powerful as revan would be hunted, but who knows im just speculating :blink:

Of course he would be hunted, but he could either be dead or hiding like Yoda, or doing something else....and hey, we are all just speculating... :unsure:

Ok you got me :angry: Grr

:D :D :D

Good point but i still feel a jedi as powerful as revan would be hunted, but who knows im just speculating :)

Of course he would be hunted, but he could either be dead or hiding like Yoda, or doing something else....and hey, we are all just speculating... :blink:

Ok you got me :angry: Grr

:D :D :D

I got you before you even realized it.... :unsure:;)

How do you work out Revan as a large role?

Wow, too many replies to read :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's my $0.02. I think Revan should be a part of the game. You should be able to pick his/her face by having T3 point him out for some reason. Say when the new characters find T3, they say "Tell us about Revan" and then something similar to the portrait section of character creation pops up.

Then make it so he's some good guy character if you chose the lightside ending of KotOR 1 or make him one of the main villians if you chose the darkside ending of KotOR 1

Hello everyone I am sort of new to the boards considering this is my first time posting but I have been keeping very close tabs of the discussions for the past month or so. I voted to have Revan to play a large role... from afar. Sort of like through visions or something when you see him doing something like KOTOR. I remember some one on this board or another saying Revan probably disappeared with Bastila trying to remember more of his real past instead of the one made up by the Council for him. I understand both sides of the arguments in this discussion, but when I found out my PC was Revan I just couldn't wait to see him in a sequel.