Revan in KotOR2

Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Revan should play a big part in KotOR2?

• YES
    • NO

while on peragus you are trying to regain your link to the force (cutscene) your pc walks to a window in the station and spots a ship speeding into unknown space curios he takes a second look and it zooms to show revan with a hooded robe not showing his face looking straight back at your character all of the sudden your pc starts to go into fits as his/her link is reconnected with explosive force as your pc regains his/her power but he/she is not able to control it and so it lifts him/her up in the air and things begin to start fying against the wall pipes start bursting and then your pc simply cant take it anymore and passes out

This gave me an idea...why have Revan in there, and him/her help guide the PC, with him/her taking on the position of Strider, and him/her meeting with the PC somewhere, but him/her not showing his face or him/her revealing her voice...

work with me here....

It has already been stated that his has gone into hiding for whatever reason.

It does not eliminate him from the universe, but does not make him the continued focus of the game. Since Revan is so insanely powerful, I do not think it would be possible to have him involved in much of the game and somehow keep the focus on the PC. Furthermore, people will be upset at the fact that this "Revan" will not be playing the game like the Revan they envisioned had.

This is why there are some people that would rather keep the appearance of Revan to be small (if any)...not because it would be wierd to someone that didn't play the original.

Futhermore, considering the actions that your Revan took on during KOTOR are already being considered heavily, if you actually place the Revan character himself into the main story, a lot of work will have to go into that character. Dialogue trees and simple traits will have to be taken into consideration. No longer was Revan a male LS hero, but he now has to be a combination of Solder/Scout/Scoundrel and Guardian/Sentinel/Consular. He also needs to react appropriately for his past actions...but who's to say what's appropriate? You? Me? Obsidian? In any case, it won't be good enough because he will act in ways that will tick people off.

Then there is the voice issue....Revan never really had a voice (apart from the generic barks), so how do you choose a voice for him/her. And since the voice can be either female or male, then you have to pay two different actors to say the exact same lines (unless you have different dialogues for different sex...in which case would still be much more development time on Revan, which cannot help but result in increased focus on Revan during the game).

Not having Revan (the character) play a huge role in the game does not ruin continuity. Ignoring his actions and the fallout of those actions would be...but that is not the case. I would think it would disrupt continuity a lot more if Revan acted in ways I did not think he should act in, simply because it is now a developer's interpretation of him, rather than my own.

All good reasons to kill Revan.

Maybe I should change my user name, LOL.

I just got an interesting idea on how to include Revan. What if they made him a playable non-party member, one you control seperately from you PC during a few periods of the game?

What I mean is this. Let's say, for example, you encounter a data-pad with info about Revan's recent actions/location, a journal of sorts by either Revan or someone with Revan. Instead of having you simply read the data-pad to find out info about Revan, the game switches to modified character creation screen where you choose Revan's face and class, etc.(Some choices about Revan, such as gender, will have already been made by the questions you answered at the beggining of the game.) You then control Revan for a short while.

Revan would start off with high exp, but he/she wouldn't be leveled up yet, so you could decide exactly how you wanted him/her to be. Since you control Revan during this period, you decide how he/she acts and what choices he/she makes in conversation. There wouldn't be any problem with people saying, "My Revan used dual lightsabers, not a single one" or "My Revan would never say that", because you could make Revan exactly how you wanted him/her.

After this period of the game was done, you'ld switch back to your main character. At various other times during the game you'ld encounter people Revan traveled with for a while or other clues to his/her actions, and the game would let you control Revan for a little while, before going back to your PC.

This wouldn't happen too often, as Revan isn't the main character of KotOR:II, so you shouldn't be playing as him/her ALL the time. Rather this would be similar to a long and well developed side-quest of sorts; while trying to stop the Sith Lords, you'ld also be trying to find out the fate of Revan.

What do people think about this idea?

I just got an interesting idea on how to include Revan. What if they made him a playable non-party member, one you control seperately from you PC during a few periods of the game?

What I mean is this. Let's say, for example, you encounter a data-pad with info about Revan's recent actions/location, a journal of sorts by either Revan or someone with Revan. Instead of having you simply read the data-pad to find out info about Revan, the game switches to modified character creation screen where you choose Revan's face and class, etc.(Some choices about Revan, such as gender, will have already been made by the questions you answered at the beggining of the game.) You then control Revan for a short while.

Revan would start off with high exp, but he/she wouldn't be leveled up yet, so you could decide exactly how you wanted him/her to be. Since you control Revan during this period, you decide how he/she acts and what choices he/she makes in conversation. There wouldn't be any problem with people saying, "My Revan used dual lightsabers, not a single one" or "My Revan would never say that", because you could make Revan exactly how you wanted him/her.

After this period of the game was done, you'ld switch back to your main character. At various other times during the game you'ld encounter people Revan traveled with for a while or other clues to his/her actions, and the game would let you control Revan for a little while, before going back to your PC.

This wouldn't happen too often, as Revan isn't the main character of KotOR:II, so you shouldn't be playing as him/her ALL the time. Rather this would be similar to a long and well developed side-quest of sorts; while trying to stop the Sith Lords, you'ld also be trying to find out the fate of Revan.

What do people think about this idea?

:lol: I like the last three sentences. ;)

While I would love to see Revan play a big part in TSL, Revan in KotOR was a highly personal character for me, e.g we made/played and finished the game with a character which was unique to every player, so I think if obsidian cant find a way to make the Revan in TSL the unique and personal character he/she was in the last game Ive changed my mind and think he/she should play a minimal part.....Wish it wasnt so, but what can you do :lol:

Hey guys, i recognized some interesting things in the trailer.

First (the less interesting):

He grabs his lightsaber from his belt, not just turn on in his hand:

wierd2.jpg

The second one is more interesting. What we see in the picture? Of course! The Star Forge symbol. Mightbe the sith has just kept it, but it's also possible that the Star Forge will play a rule...

wierd1.jpg

I don't think so...on the first one, because my character would flourish by moving it to his left side, then ignite it...also I think the devs said you wouldn't be able to holster it, because you have the second weapon config...I hope the SF won't play a role; enough with the super weapons...I think they just kept that as a symbol...

After reading through peoples theories & thinking about it, I still think that I'd be very surprised if Revan isn't 1) dead at the game's beginning, 2) dies early on into the game or 3) lives through all or most of the game, but has extremely limited direct influence on the character. It's going to be extremely difficult for the Devs to write in every choice that the player made in KOTOR that went into making Revan the player's Revan. If they can come up with every player's Revan in such a way that he behaves in a manner that causes people to think, "Yeah, that's my Revan", then great. But I don't think its possible. (Maybe I'm challeging the Devs???)

I'd love to see Revan in the game acting in a manner that was consistent with the way I played him, in a manner that made him recognizable to me, and if the devs can do that based on a series of questions at the beginning of the game, than O.K., but I don't think it could be done. If it can't, and they do it to satisfy the fans that are clamoring to see Revan, than he'll really be a compromise in my opinion, and that's not cool. If Revan has to be a compromise to be in the game, I'd rather see him dead.

We all know that it would not be good for them to pick a face for Revan and tell everyone this is what he/she looks like. So Revan can wear a mask or sit in a dark corner in a cantina or something. But why can't we have Revan in the game other than the face issue. A voice don't really matter if they want Revan in the game they can afford to hire 2 people to do the voice. Also he/she don't have to fight to have a big part so you don't have to pick jedi class and stuff like that. And yea Revan is powerful but agian he don't have to fight to be a big part of the game he could be a mentor or help you reconnect with the force like yoda helped luke become a jedi.

There are a lot of ways to make this work and I'm sure all the folks at odsidian can come up with a way to have Revan play a big part and still get around all of you concerns.

Even if he has a smaller part, people are still gonna get upset at whatever voice is chosen. It also still forces a path upon Revan when many people would not like that. Revan as a mentor? I don't think many people would appreciate that, especially when he probably has better things to do.....and that would be wierd since it has already been stated he has disappeared shortly after the events on the Star Forge.

As for the costs of voice talent, I didn't realize you knew how much it cost. Sure they could afford it, but gratuitous(sp?) don't make much sense.

If Revan is still actively involved in the universe, I'd rather him be on the other side of the galaxy doing his own thing during the conflict.

KOTOR 2 is about the story of the new PC during this war between the Sith and the Republic. It's a big enough universe that he could still make a huge impact without ever seeing Revan.

Revan didn't have a voice. You got to say what he looked like in the first game you didn't pick a voice. So because he never had one they can pick whatever voice they want for him and it is the right one no matter what you thought he sounded like in your head. as for the price of voice talent I am aware of the cost but they can afford. But if they wanted to one person could play two voices. I know i'm going to get complaints about this now but Look at family guy or the simpsons one person plays tons of voices in those shows and none sound the same.

Well, they could simply say in the game that Revan is mute and thus must speak to others via the Force (telepathy)... :D. (well, it might work..)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Well, they could simply say in the game that Revan is mute and thus must speak to others via the Force (telepathy)... :D. (well, it might work..)

I'm not sure if that would upset people more or less. Atleast then no one could say that not the voice i imagined. But it is a bit poor not to have a voice at all.

But you are forgeting, he/she did have a voice. When u switch back to them from controling one of the other characters they would say something like 'yes' or 'what'.

They could use that voice!

Faith! :unsure:

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Even if he has a smaller part, people are still gonna get upset at whatever voice is chosen. It also still forces a path upon Revan when many people would not like that. Revan as a mentor? I don't think many people would appreciate that, especially when he probably has better things to do.

Personally, I won't lose any sleep over what voice they choose for Reven. I trust that they can hire suitable talent. As for them forcing a path on him, you answer questions in the game to determine which path you want Reven to have taken, so really nothing is forced on anyone. Last but not least, how could Reven have "Better things to do" than being a mentor or teacher? You're forgetting what universe we are talking about. Emperor Palpatine, Yoda, pretty much any force weilder worth mentioning realize the importance of training others. Darth Vader himself offers to complete Luke's training. It seems that most force practicioners feel compelled to pass on their knowledge.