Claim to Fame

Darth Sirius

I got to hang out with Vanilla Ice. hombre.gif

Was that recently? Because I've always wondered what he's doing nowadays..

Rather recently. He stayed at the hotel that I work at and was doing a small venue show. I ran into him in the lobby and said what's up and that I caught him at The Gathering (don't ask). He said cool, and I went to the venue with him and got to smoke some killer Miami weed. :ph34r:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Turbo, from the movie Break'n 2: Electric Boogaloo, came to my house once.

I can't believe theres an actual movie with Electric Boogaloo in the title.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I once found out I was related to the god Bhaal himself!

...but then I found out so were a million other peeps, so it wasn't so thrilling. ;)

Seriously though I have shaken hands with a couple of celebrities - Terry pratchett (Discworld author), Steve Waugh (Australian cricket captain) and one of my ex-girlfriends had had an affair with a very prominent and very married Australian politician before she met me, if that counts (hey - both me and the pollie were in the same place at various times!).

That's not something to be proud of. :unsure:

Sure it is. Rob is awesome to hang out with.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

We dont have celebrities in Sweden.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

...partied wit' Davey-Boy Smith (The British Bulldog o' WWF/E fame) at me house (Davey was in town some 9 or so years ago doin' a House Show fer Atlantic Grand-Pre Wrestling while recoverin' from a back injury from the WWF/E)...

...tossed (yes, as in threw his arse out) Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day out o' a Green Day concert in Halifax a few years ago (back when I was bouncin' the odd concert at the Metro Centre) fer pissin' on fans from the stage...the other two pussbuckets (Mike Dirnt & Tre Cool) decided that it was best if they jus' got off the stage an' walked theys arses ta the exit...

...met Ozzy Osbourne at a Black Sabbath Reunion Concert in Montreal in '99...his exact, an' only, words ta me were "Sh*t, yer a big'un, ain't ya?"...

...drove for (once, an' only once...during the yearly meeting o' the Second Canadian Rangers Patrol Group) the Former Chief of Defence Staff for the Department of National Defence General Maurice Baril...his only words ta me were somewhat the same as Ozzy's; "Jesus; are you here to be my driver or my bodyguard? Do I really need one here? Heh."...

...actually survived one (an' only one) flight from Montreal to Halifax in a Sea King (if'n ye ain't Kanadian, ye won't git the joke...sorry)... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...actually survived one (an' only one) flight from Montreal to Halifax in a Sea King (if'n ye ain't Kanadian, ye won't git the joke...sorry)... :)

You must live a charmed life! Did the pilot explain to you how they are trained to properly crash the helicopters, or was this prior to that training being required?

newlogo.gif

...actually survived one (an' only one) flight from Montreal to Halifax in a Sea King (if'n ye ain't Kanadian, ye won't git the joke...sorry)... :p

You must live a charmed life! Did the pilot explain to you how they are trained to properly crash the helicopters, or was this prior to that training being required?

...hehehe...actually, he said somethin' like "News reports 'bout the Sea Kings are overblown; I've flown them for years an' never had a problem"...I jus' smiled an' hung on fer dear life... ;)

...I know...

...o', an' how could I fergit that the ol' Coconut Clan that me an' a few others started in the IWD Forum o'er at the ol' BIS Boards back when theys first started in March o' 2001 got a lark mention in IWD2 (when ya talks ta Diedre 'bout arrows in the Gallaway Tradin' Post in Targos, she makes mention that she "doesn't give a Dragon's Flight...", referin' ta our "How long is a Dragon's Flight from Lac Dinneshire" thread that got the whole damn crazyness started (was the first thread on the Boards ta hit 500 posts...up yers, Mithril Blahhhs... :lol: )...sorry 'bout that, Unca Feargie, didna mean ta lessen the moment... :p

i got my picture taken with Bruce Campbell at a booksigning he did, plus i got a couple posters and his book signed.

I got my new Dune books signed by Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson and i got to make them un-comfortable by asking about how they felt taking the original Dune series in a more action oriented direction.

I got to meet Danny devito, Kathleen Turner, and Michael Douglas when they were filming War of the Roses. They came into my folks video store and signed a bunch of video cassettes and posters.

Myself and a couple other guys at Monolith got a private showing of the Half-life 2 video at this years E3 by Gabe Newell himself. It was pretty cool.

I got to meet Greg Rucka at a booksigning event he did here in seattle. Anyone who doesn't know who he is needs to pick up one of his books or go read some of the issues of Batman that he did.

I own one of the keys to the alamo. It's got a plaque and everything.

My wife is an amazing book hunting ninja. She can walk into a used book store, find a rare advanced reader copy woth $500, and walk out only spending a buck. It's mystifying.

That's not something to be proud of. :p

Sure it is. Rob is awesome to hang out with.

LOL, he plays rock now and often plays at this hole in the wall bar near me. He signed a female friend of mines stomach. I think alot less of her now.

i got my picture taken with Bruce Campbell at a booksigning he did, plus i got a couple posters and his book signed.

I shook his had at a screening of Bubba-Ho-Tep. He is basically exactly how you expect him to be.

Well, what makes me special you ask? I am actually the center of the universe and you guys are all just actors in the play of my life. Yeah, surprised me too. :)

I'm also the only non-famous grown-up former Mousekateer.

this is a "famous people i know," kinda thread?

hmmm.

some of the stranger stuff.

lived down the street from greg lemond for a while... and gave him a lift home in our jeep when we seen him on side of road with a flat bike tire.

went to a barbecue where we seen antonin scalia w/o a shirt, and shared a limo with anthony kennedy

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I once went fishing in my father's home-village way up north in Sweden. On our way home Mats Sundin drove by in an expensive car and offered us a lift, but he only had room for my sister.. So I'm famous for being ditched by a hockey superstar. (Mats Sundin usually comes by this village every summer for its fishing waters)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!