Old Trilogy vs. New Trilogy vs. KOTOR

I'm intersted in hearing anyone's views on either of the following.

1. How do you feel about the prequel trilogy so far as compared to the original trilogy?

2. Which storyline do you like better, the prequels' or KOTOR's?

3. If (like me)you have been disapointed with EP. 1 and 2, do you think that it's possible that the third flick could save the trilogy.

Please explain yourselves. Thank you.

Original Trilogy > KOTOR > Edited Original Trilogy > Prequels

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

1. How do you feel about the prequel trilogy so far as compared to the original trilogy?

Simple: So far it's nowhere as good as the original trilogy. Would perhaps have better if it had not been created at all :/. I'm not saying that they're bad aLL through, but IMHO, episode 1 was a disdaster. Episode 2 was clearly much better, but it wasn't all that mind-blowing :/.

KOTOR's.

3. If (like me)you have been disapointed with EP. 1 and 2, do you think that it's possible that the third flick could save the trilogy.

Well, if it's REALLY good, then maybe; at least it'd restore some of Lucas honor, so to speak. But IMHO, it's almost impossibe to repair the damage that was done by the first episode; to repair it the movie would almost have to be done all over again...

4. Would you like to see more Star Wars films after this trilogy is complete?

Perhaps, but I'd hope that old Lucas keeps his hands away and does what he should be doing: fisheating

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I'm intersted in hearing anyone's views on either of the following.

4. Would you like to see more Star Wars films after this trilogy is complete?

Please explain yourselves. Thank you.

1. Sucks monkey butt - GL took the use of XF too far and made the movies really drawn-out and lacking much of what made the originals so good.

2. KOTOR - a much better look into the starwars universe and a closer similarity to the original ideal of the original movies.

3. NO - the only was is if GL turns the project over to someone with a clue. That is the only way I can see it even being tolerable.

4. Yes - only to see if GL will use whats left of his grey matter and try to return to what made the first movies so good.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I think the script writing and the direction are the most glaring weaknesses. Natalie, Hayden, Ewan; really all of the actors that have been cast are top notch but George just doesn't seem to be able to get the type of performances out of them that they are capable of. Even if he could, what kind of expectations could you possibly have with these mindless insults to our intelligence that Lucas calls scripts?

Elaborate

On the Poorly Planned part: Obi-wan Kenobi has been around R2D2 a good while in the first 2 films, and possibly the third movie more than likely. Yet there is no plausible reason why his character would forget the droid in Episode 4. He would know R2D2. This is the problem with doing prequels in general.

On the Poorly Acted front: THe kid they got to play Anakin was downright terrible. Also the over use of CG, and I mean obvious CG, constitutes as bad acting. CG will always be worse than a real actor. Another bad and over acting was the whole Darth Maul fight. Sheesh. Also another bad acted and action sequence was the fight with Yoda and Dooku. That was freaking ridiculous.

For example of poor writing I give you the entire movie of Episode One: What the hell is Anakin supposed to be? Jesus freaking Christ? Man, downright pathetic. Also again the over sentimentality that drenches the two movies was way too freaking much to be believable. The first thing a writer learns in writing fiction is don't over dramatize. Episode 1 and 2, whenever Anakin or Amidala was involved it was over dramatized and fake. It was weak.

Backstory is meant to be backstory.

My whole problem with the prequels is that Lucas turned Darth Vader into the most annoying immature child I have ever met. Good grief talk about ruining the rest of the movies for me.

I wouldn't mind seeing some more episodes after this, as long as Lucas isn't directing.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Goerge Lucas basically killed the Darth Vader character.

hey heres something to look forward to in 7 8 9 maybe he will try to do the same to luke <_<.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Goerge Lucas basically killed the Darth Vader character.

hey heres something to look forward to in 7 8 9 maybe he will try to do the same to luke <_<.

Luke was already whiny in ANH and ESB :(

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Star Wars is one intellectual property that should have stayed withthe original 3 movies. Not all this bullcrap Expanded Universe, not the lameness of the prequels, not the downright inane computer and console games.

I love the original 3 movies, but nearly everything else Star Wars sucks. The only thing that doesn't suck in Star Wars was the Zahn trilogy and KotOR.

I love the original 3 movies, but nearly everything else Star Wars sucks. The only thing that doesn't suck in Star Wars was the Zahn trilogy and KotOR.

Ok who are you and what have you done to the real Hades_One?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ok who are you and what have you done to the real Hades_One?
I was wondering the samething!

AscendedPaladin.png

It seems like it would be so easy to make something cool using this universe. I mean you have space soldiers and space cowboys and space samurai and all kinds of cool space stuff goin on. Some how, most people who've tried just haven't gotten it right.