Should Bastila Return?

Should Bastila Return?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bastila Return?

• Yes, she should be an active party member again
    • Yes, but she should only make a cameo, and should not be an active party member
    • No, she shouldn't be in at all
    • I don't really care

And I hope she'll be free, so I could seduce her again. :(

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

And I hope she'll be free, so I could seduce her again.

I am guessing u got a choice bout dat. Make Revan female and she is more likely to be free.

(I am making my Revan male, since that is how i hav always done the original, so no Bastila for my KOTOR2 PC. Hav to see is Mira or Atris r any good)

Juhani is the most disgusting bitch ever.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Yeah all that crappy story about Taris (lack of devs originality if three NPCs came from that planet BTW) and tales about daddy who drank too much and massacred the crowd with his claws (or something like that) not to mention her really terrible, terrible siberian accent...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

It'd be nice if you could get potential party members from each planet you visited (maybe 2-3 on each planet). then according to the path you choose your otpions would change!

I think this topic should be locked as almost everyone wants Bastila back one way or another :)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I think it shouldn't. It's nice to have a small talk about her.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

what type of accent does Juhani have? is it Iraqy? Muslim? Something else? Eygyptian maybe?? All i knwo is she KINDA sounds like the protector guy with the dark robes and hair in the Mummy movies feat. brendan Frasier .

ANd dude.. about the trio thing.. Juhani is pretty gross i wanted to slash her face with my lightsbaer and do a lil "Jedi reconstructive surgery" but the game wouldnt let me.

I'd love to have the option of having Bastila in the party again, I say option because that means you don't have to take her with you if you don't want.

I'd love to replace Atris with her and see Bastila grow from spoiled self centered brat (Something like Obi in Ep1) to venerable Jedi Knight, and of course so I can charm her using every cheap come on this side of "Han Solo's Guide to Picking up Women...a Comprehensive Manual for the Intergalactic Scoundrel".

Somethign tells me Bastila will NOT be in the new game. why you ask? Becasue there are already 3 femal characters taht we know of... she would make four, and thats jsut seems to be an abnormal amount of females in a game... not that its BAD but it just seems odd to me that the creatoers woudl pile on so many female characters.

That's not necessarily true Influence. What I believe is that she will probably appear in a cameo as a non-party npc, however Bastila and other women could be potential party members theoretically.

The devs already have established that there are more party npcs available than what will be useable in one play through. In other words, you get to choose which npcs accompany you through the game while other npcs that could have joined don't come along with you. The way this is pretty sure to work is based on the PC's alignment, if you are LS then some npcs exclusive to DS will never join and vise versa.

But it was possible to also add more npcs than you can take for both alignments. In other words, you can have a total of 10 npcs in your party being LS or DS but there are a total of 15 possible LS npcs and 15 DS. So you could have maybe both Bastila and Atris in your party but choose not to have Mira or Kreia. This is something like Baldur's Gate 2, where you could potentially play the entire game and still have npcs left over who never joined you. This would also add replayability to KotOR 2 in my opinion because there are subquests and characters you didn't see or play along with in a previous game.

Now I'm not saying they did this, I'm failry sure they didn't but I just explained how they could have Bastila as a party npc while also having Mira, Kreia and Atris already ingame. That would certainly expand the game's lifespan imo.

The problem being Muad'Dib, is that who knows where they are going to go with Bastila.

You say you want to see her grow from the self centered brat into something better....but what if the developers don't see things your way. What if they send Bastila down an entirely different path than you would like?

Oh I fully get that. And I'm pretty sure that is how it is going to be set up, with Bastila having a predetermined fate in the game.

But I would have liked the option to have Bastila go down different paths, the dev's path could still be in there, only have more options available from the decisions made in the game.

Anyway I was trying to explain to Influence how it could have been possible for Bastila to return since there are already so many other women in the party, I don't actually believe they were going to do that.

Hmm, why does this thread continue to regenerate as if I wrote it down recently, I wrote this response a while back and almost every time I come back it appears as if I just wrote it...weird ;)

You say you want to see her grow from the self centered brat into something better....but what if the developers don't see things your way.  What if they send Bastila down an entirely different path than you would like?

She already did that at the end of KOTOR1, if they make her a self centerred brat again that would deny alot of what happened in the first game.

But I agree if Bastila makes an apearence at all her fate will most likely be predetermined. Or maybe you will have a choice to kill her or not depending if you play darkside or lightside.

These last few posts are why Bastila shouldn't appear in a NPC role at all. Instead, they should just make a brief mention of her off on some mission or off somewhere perfecting her control over Battle Meditation. There's just too many "fans" that will be disappointed regardless of how they make her.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bastila should return, most of us probably spared her life and turned her back to the light or had her as an apprentice. So it would be nice to see how things have been with her and Revan.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom