Spaceballs Easter Eggs

Play through the bullsh*t in Fallout 2 and see how much you like your stupid easter egg crap.

I generally found them to be pretty funny.

The holy hand grenade BOS guys

The bridgekeeper

The countless The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly references.

Hilarious.

One or two, perhaps even three would be hilarious but that is it. Anything more of that stupid sh*t it gets downright stupid and annoying. There was 2 Star Trek references, a bunch of Monty Python crap, a dead killer whale, that cafe, and a bunch of other stupid references as well. It even had a stupid Animaniac reference as well as Mike Tyson.

It was too freaking much. Fallout 2 has killed any and all desire to see such stupidness in a computer game.

Play through the bullsh*t in Fallout 2 and see how much you like your stupid easter egg crap.

True, but FO2 was just plain overkill in that department. A joke or two isn't going to hurt.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

There was 2 Star Trek references, a bunch of Monty Python crap, a dead killer whale, that cafe, and a bunch of other stupid references as well. It even had a stupid Animaniac reference as well as Mike Tyson.

lol, I'm gonna have to check this out. :D A dead Killer Whale? lol

I think easter eggs are a great idea as long as they don't over dominate the story. Many people love these little jokes. Lighten up will ya? Hmmmmmm, how about a line where one of the sith lords quotes dark helmet with "Evil will always beat good, because good is dumb" or something like that, only a spaceballs fan would get it though. Mabey a locked room in a sith embacy or aboard a ship that has miniatures of all the characters on a table, like the dolls scene from spaceballs. Perhaps a reference to ludicrous speed on the ebon hawk or a sith ship.

lol, I'm gonna have to check this out.  :D  A dead Killer Whale?  lol

Oh yes, let us laugh at the depiction of a poor animal languishing in pain and suffering. What a keen joke it is. ;)

Actually, that was a Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy reference.

Actually, that was a Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy reference.

if converted from a potted plant, twould have been perfect...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

No. They put in oen then they might think to put in 2, then 4, nope 8 will be enough. Then it goes to 100's of little annoying easter eggs. Fallout 2 has used up Obsidian's allotment for easter eggs for 40 years.

So, you're indicating that when a gamer want some easter eggs, then he should be restricted only to see them in one perticular game?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The problem is Fallout 2 crossed that line and the game basically became one easter egg after another. From the Bush/Quayle and Tyson references to Monty Python and Douglas Adams, it was way too much. THe easter eggs became the game and when it reaches that point it ruins the game. I rather have a game that has no easter eggs whatsoever than take that chance.