I want evil henchmen!

That was one thing that was rather unfortunate in KOTOR. Until the very end, it was just you vs. the Sith, no matter how evil you were. When I finished Korriban, I wanted the Sith apprentices and teachers to bend knee and swear loyalty to me, Darth Revan; after all, I had single-handedly defeated their leaders in combat! But noooo....they had to go all suicidal and practically throw themselves on my lightsaber rather than acknowledging their true master. The best you could get was Uthar telling you the Sith would be ready to serve you once you overthrew Malak.

Now, understand, I realize how unworkable having your own private army would be in an RPG. Therefore, really, all I'm asking for is 'lip service'; you defeat the Sith on a planet, and they swear fealty to you, but otherwise don't have much impact on gameplay. Would it have harmed anything if you had brought the Sith on Korriban into your conspiracy, with promises of reward for those who aided you in your coup d'etat against Malak? Wouldn't it have been awesome if you could convince Sith you meet in the temple or the Star Forge to come to your side, and they would run off and fight other Sith on your behalf, even if it had little practical value?

As it was, every Sith in the game seemed a die-hard Malak loyalist. They died in droves, even when it was obvious they couldn't win. I couldn't help but think, if I were one of these Sith launching a suicide charge against Revan, Bastila and (for me) Canderous, I'd surrender and HELP them rather than just mindlessly die in Malak's name.

I doubt we'll see this. But one can hope.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I fully agree with that and damn that is a very disturbing sig, Ivan. Even more disturbing than the dancing jiggly kid. All you need now is find a animated gif of a Cylon doing the polka.

It was strange however in the last replay I did of KotOR the academy folks didn't go ballistic. I killed the leaders and I left. Nobody went hostile on me.

I fully agree with that and damn that is a very disturbing sig, Ivan. Even more disturbing than the dancing jiggly kid. All you need now is find a animated gif of a Cylon doing the polka.

Triumph is what we need...

It was strange however in the last replay I did of KotOR the academy folks didn't go ballistic. I killed the leaders and I left. Nobody went hostile on me.

Sounds like a glitch to me. What did they say when you talked to them.

iceman1731.jpg

I played LS, and Korriban was the last planet for me as well. But I couldn't get back in the academy without people attacking me, thusly I could never finish the Dustil quest which frustrated me.

? The Dustil quest can be done entirely within the Academy. Talk to Dustil. Break into Uthar's room. Steal the data recorder. Go back to Dustil. All done. Or did you mean you put off the Dustil quest until after killing Uthar? Well thats just a consequence of procrastination. ;)

Well, that had to suck.

SPeaking of Dustil, it would be pretty cool if he could be a possible apprentice and that depending on either being LS or DS he will shift with you.

Hades_One wanting to apprentice a padawan? That seems dangerously close to it being a kewl function of ... playing a Jedi. And a powerful one at that to train a padawan. (GASP!) ;)

Isn't it sorta un-sith like to be completely loyal and sacrafice yourself for your cause? If revan was more powerful than malak or was able to kill them, I'm guessing the sith would have pledged allegiance to revan or run.

I fully agree that there should have been at least SOME Sith joining you at some point in the game when everyone knew that Revan was alive and kicking once more! Might not have had much effect on the game overall, but it would have been more realistic IMHO; the Sith follow the "Path of Power" and fightning and die for Malak, who was weaker than Revan, seems quite unrelistic to me, even if, in theory, many sith may have argued that Malak was stronger because that he had the Star Forge...

Oh, well, maybe we'll see some Sith joining in this game, through. One can always hope so anyway ^_^

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I'm guessing that there will be the opportunity to join a Sith faction in TSL.

It has been stated that the "prestige classes" in TSL won't function like D20. I'm guessing that mean you will gain the class by completing an appropiate quest (i.e. assassinate someone to become a Sith Assassin). To get the Sith quests you would probably need to be part of a Sith faction.

When you get your PrC you will get an apprentice. In order to gain a Sith apprentice it is resonable to assume that you would have to be a member of the Sith.

I'm assuming that multiple Sith Lords = rival factions here.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

That was one thing that was rather unfortunate in KOTOR. Until the very end, it was just you vs. the Sith, no matter how evil you were. When I finished Korriban, I wanted the Sith apprentices and teachers to bend knee and swear loyalty to me, Darth Revan; after all, I had single-handedly defeated their leaders in combat! But noooo....they had to go all suicidal and practically throw themselves on my lightsaber rather than acknowledging their true master. The best you could get was Uthar telling you the Sith would be ready to serve you once you overthrew Malak.

Now, understand, I realize how unworkable having your own private army would be in an RPG. Therefore, really, all I'm asking for is 'lip service'; you defeat the Sith on a planet, and they swear fealty to you, but otherwise don't have much impact on gameplay. Would it have harmed anything if you had brought the Sith on Korriban into your conspiracy, with promises of reward for those who aided you in your coup d'etat against Malak? Wouldn't it have been awesome if you could convince Sith you meet in the temple or the Star Forge to come to your side, and they would run off and fight other Sith on your behalf, even if it had little practical value?

As it was, every Sith in the game seemed a die-hard Malak loyalist. They died in droves, even when it was obvious they couldn't win. I couldn't help but think, if I were one of these Sith launching a suicide charge against Revan, Bastila and (for me) Canderous, I'd surrender and HELP them rather than just mindlessly die in Malak's name.

When your on Korriban, you haven't chosen side yet. Even if you have only got evil in you, you finally get to choose once you meet bastila in the Rakata planet.

The three outside weren't even there. I simply went inside and was able to talk to the buggers inside like nothing was nothing.

I think they only come if you kill Yuthura first, and then Uthar. Because if you kill Uthar first, Yuthura attacks YOU, and it's self-defense. Hope i'm right.

People keep assuming you get an apprentice. I think you are the apprentice, and Krea or whatever her name is supposes to be your master.

Hmmm. Good Point.

Everyone (including me) is assuming that the PC will be the Master and some other NPC the Apprentice. Perhaps it's the other way around, as Astromech pointed out.

When your on Korriban, you haven't chosen side yet. Even if you have only got evil in you, you finally get to choose once you meet bastila in the Rakata planet.

A technicality. Uthar accepts your authority as Revan, if you tell him who you are, because if you're all pale and veiny and evil-looking he probably thinks it's safe to assume you aren't going to lead the Republic to victory.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

People keep assuming you get an apprentice. I think you are the apprentice, and Krea or whatever her name is supposes to be your master.

Hmmm. Good Point.

Everyone (including me) is assuming that the PC will be the Master and some other NPC the Apprentice. Perhaps it's the other way around, as Astromech pointed out.

But one of the developers in another thread said that we would get an apprentice.

iceman1731.jpg